No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally a copy of pepsiman that isn't in trash condition, the disk is flawless and the manual is mostly ok, the back page has been trapped against the teeth of the case at one point but the dents aren't too bad i can live with this copy. Glad to finally have it as i love this game. Also a mint copy of the absolutely bonkers groove jigoku five arrived too.

Comment

I had never heard of Groove Jigoku V, so I looked for some gameplay footage on youtube.

Check out the loading screen at 1:34. It's safe enough for work, but I bet that went down a storm in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
        I had never heard of Groove Jigoku V, so I looked for some gameplay footage on youtube.

Check out the loading screen at 1:34. It's safe enough for work, but I bet that went down a storm in America.

The guy with the knife in the back isn't much better lol, it's a strange game for sure. There's a sequel on psp called baito hell 2000 uses a lot of the minigames from the ps1 version.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          The guy with the knife in the back isn't much better lol, it's a strange game for sure. There's a sequel on psp called baito hell 2000 uses a lot of the minigames from the ps1 version.
          I just checked out the sequel, and the "customers who bought this also bought these items" threw up an interesting looking game, also on PSP. Nippon no Asoko de, which also looks wierd as hell.

Comment

Amazon is great for doing that you can find so many unknown games from recommendations. I get a lot of Japanese books recommended like that, I don’t mind amazons recommendations I find them pretty useful.

Thankfully payday coming soon so I can pick up the remaining current must haves for ps1 off my list, it’s getting to be quite a long list though but there’s some that are just too expensive to go casually buying them so I’m picking up the lesser wallet destroying titles first.

Comment

Picked up a JagPad for my STe. For one game. rOx Zero. Amazing looking vertical shmup made for the STe but it requires that controller.

Feels a lot nicer in hand than I remembered that controller being when I still had a Jaguar. Buttons are nicely clicky too.

The game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Xmvj6Q-N4

Comment

More arrivals to the ps1 collection Gourmet Action Game: Manpuku!! Nabe Kazoku & Bust a move, still can't beat my first opponent in nabe kazoku they are just too damn handy with those chopsticks. However bust a move everyone goes down against me as i used to have that one back when i had a uk playstation 1 and know all the patterns like the back of my hand, still plays & looks as wonderful as ever. Along with parappa those 2 were the start of the rhythm game genre. Glad to have it back in my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post

Feels a lot nicer in hand than I remembered that controller being when I still had a Jaguar. Buttons are nicely clicky too.

The game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Xmvj6Q-N4
                  Yeah, it's not a bad controller. But it can cost quite a bit these days.

That shooter looks pretty good -- it's always nice to see new 16-bit games.

Comment

However bust a move everyone goes down against me as i used to have that one back when i had a uk playstation 1 and know all the patterns like the back of my hand, still plays & looks as wonderful as ever. Along with parappa those 2 were the start of the rhythm game genre. Glad to have it back in my collection.
                    I really liked PaRappa, but I didn't get into other rhythm games. I might give Um Jammer Lammy a go.

Comment

It's finally payday so that means blowing several hundred on retro games this month, along with just ordering a load of ps1 box protectors from retroprotection also finally got a stack of japanese ps1 games to add to my library,

off ebay Bust a groove 2 dance tengoku mix

off genki a totally new & sealed copy of suzuki bakuhatsu so i can upgrade my already pretty good copy to a pristine mint one.

and used amazon japan to find some pretty rare games, the only place on the net i could find a copy of kowai shashin & paranoia scape as both are nowhere to be found on either ebay or yahoo auctions. Hopefully the conditions are accurate as they were not cheap at all both pretty close to the 10,000 yen level. Also picked up a new copy of yakitori musume & a copy of charumera but it's the nicer edition. Still have no idea why theres a white cover copy and a cooler full colour one. Had to keep quiet where i spotted these some of these as i didn't want to risk someone been alerted and buying them out before i got to them, been hoping that each day i logged in & checked that i didn't see "this item is no longer available from the seller you requested" message.

Kind of like the alternate white cover charumera release but not getting it yet as it's a lot more common to find. Would be nice to own

Will post proper pics when it all turns up at home.
                      Last edited by importaku; 28-02-2019, 07:17.

Comment

The first game of my large order turned up from genkivideogames today. Finding a brand new sealed copy of suzuki bakuhatsu is no common thing, this is the first ever sealed new copy i have seen full stop. Every copy out there seems to be used so finding one nowdays was a surprise which is why i jumped on that sucker in a flash when i saw it. One of my fave games on the PS1 there is nothing like it.

One less sealed copy in the world now as i opened that game up the minute i finished taking a pic.

Comment

The first game of my large order turned up from genkivideogames today. Finding a brand new sealed copy of suzuki bakuhatsu is no common thing, this is the first ever sealed new copy i have seen full stop. Every copy out there seems to be used so finding one nowdays was a surprise which is why i jumped on that sucker in a flash when i saw it. One of my fave games on the PS1 there is nothing like it.

One less sealed copy in the world now as i opened that game up the minute i finished taking a pic.
                          Looks lovely, what on earth is it?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Looks lovely, what on earth is it?

Neil
                            It's a puzzle game where you have to deactivate bombs, you have a 3D object which has a bomb hidden in it you have to find a way to disassemble the bomb to get to the explosives and cut the wire. One of my most fave ps1 games.

Comment

It's a puzzle game where you have to deactivate bombs,
                              I have vague memory of EDGE reviewing it back in the day. Or maybe it was a similar game.

Comment

Planet X3 arrived along with Planet X2 (I forgot you got X2 as a bonus!).

You get some nice goodies inside. The sticker got bent but no big deal. You could get this on either a 5.25" or 3.5" floppy but since my 5.25 drive needs some repairs I decided to go for a 3.5" floppy.

The manual is really nice and detailed. I wish I had a setup capable of running cga composite.

I don't own a C64 currently and I'm not sure how well X2 would actually run on it since I'm assuming it's NTSC but it'll be interesting to find out.

The VGA mode looks really nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X