Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we can't book the session until we've had another referral from our family doctor. I can't get an appointment until next Friday, and my wife hates her doctor. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
      I hate boxing all my **** to move house.

I say its my ****, 80% of it is mine because I'm a retired hoarder and no matter how much I get rid of I find a ****-ton of stuff I can't get rid of.
      I'm so much better than I used to be at this but it's still hard.

The bloke is away with work the next 2 days and I'm doing my best to box up a wall of it. Moving sucks, I'll be glad when we are in the new place.

Urgh I need a cup of tea!
      Have less stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        At the risk of sounding old, the state of modern hip-hop irks me. Drake has a lot to answer for. The same line over and over and over, autotuned up the wazoo.
        Related irk - youtube recommendations and really anything that works on data these days. I had to dredge some of this modern hip hop up for research for a possible work thing. Now all my youtube playlists have thrown in GODAWFUL rubbish, thinking that I like it.

All services that track your activity need a "this is an exception" button.

Comment

Youtube recommends me videos of right wing extremists "owning" liberals/feminists/snowflakes etc. all the time and I don't know why. It also recommends chess videos and boxing; again I don't know why.

Comment

Yeah, I'm always just a few recommendations away from some right wing rubbish on YouTube too. It seems to lean heavily in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Youtube recommends me videos of right wing extremists "owning" liberals/feminists/snowflakes etc. all the time and I don't know why. It also recommends chess videos and boxing; again I don't know why.
              Yeah, I had that for a while, but told it to stop showing me then, but they occasionally pop up still.

I think it's because I watched a couple of those "Change My Mind" videos before realising he had no intention of having his mind changed, it was just a platform for him to spout his right-wing beliefs and crow about how he makes people change their minds instead.
              Normally he just talks over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Brad, be honest....you googled "Extreme female chess unboxing: snowflake limited edition", didn't you?

Comment

Caught!!!! lol

Comment

It's the algorithm; same as Facebook. It's recommending you stuff that is tangentially similar to something you've watched, but promotes angry responses, because that results in more views... Or something something outrage is more profitable than happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Related irk - youtube recommendations and really anything that works on data these days. I had to dredge some of this modern hip hop up for research for a possible work thing. Now all my youtube playlists have thrown in GODAWFUL rubbish, thinking that I like it.

All services that track your activity need a "this is an exception" button.
                      FFS kids, Chrome has incognito tabs for more than just pron!

Comment

Cast metal parts. Bane of my existence right now. JUST F*****G crap, I hate it.

Give me good old fashioned machined last a lifetime all day long.

Insert infinite rage gif here 🤬

Comment

Listening to the radio quotes of the students skipping a day to protest climate change:

"I'm off today because there's no point studying for a future I'll never have"
                          "Our government has done nothing to stop it that's why I'm here"

It's great they're passionate about it but as usual with students, all ideology little knowledge.

Comment

I think the knowledge that previous generations have totally screwed them over and are seemingly continuing to do so is probably enough. Being honest, if one day the youth burn society down and string up the older leaders and corporate heads, I would have a hard time blaming them.

Comment

It just comes to a depressing point when they start to feel like their future careers are already over which is counter to the effect they need of them feeling galvanised to make the changes current leaders won't. They need to make the right noise, there's not much point pushing the UK government to reduce emissions when it already successfully is, each country needs to push its leaders to force the worst offenders to do so as well.

Comment

My wife is having a hip replacement operation next week. That sucks. It obviously sucks for her but I also feel very unprepared for the time she’ll be out of action. We work together as well as doing the family stuff and some stuff I’m totally rubbish at and really wish I wasn’t going to have to muddle my way through the next few weeks effectively alone. Which is kind of a selfish thought but, still, it’s there.

Comment

Working...
                                X