No announcement yet.

Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give it 3 months when all this has died down people say 'Anthem is good now its been patched and there is some great loot'.
    Then next E3, EA will show some other 'next big game' and people will lap it up like it all never happened. The loop continues ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      Financially they making records levels of revenue (even if they are slightly down this year). These critical and public missteps don't appear to align with their revenue atm.

There's now a EA CS rep on Reddit re-affirming that no PS4's are being bricked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...vice_i_am_not/
      Maybe just stop buying AAA releases then on launch? Like I’ve suggested dozens of times.

ESPECIALLY from EA.

Because this is what you get when you keep shoving your hand into the stove fire.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-03-2019, 14:40.

Comment

Yea, it's the people buying the game's fault. I mean god forbid EA put out a game that doesn't crash or Sony has a refund policy.

Comment

Yea, it's the people buying the game's fault. I mean god forbid EA put out a game that doesn't crash or Sony has a refund policy.
          They only understand one language and that’s whatever is coming out of their shareholders at the time.

Stop buying these games on launch, wait for reviews & user impressions then make a decision.

Preorder, buy on day 1 blindly and this is what you get.

Big pubs are not your friends. They don’t care about you, they just want to drain as much cash as possible from you.

Comment

Financially they making records levels of revenue (even if they are slightly down this year). These critical and public missteps don't appear to align with their revenue atm.

There's now a EA CS rep on Reddit re-affirming that no PS4's are being bricked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...vice_i_am_not/
            That guys claiming to work at Sony not EA, is a bit dubious. Some of the stuff he says sounds completely off, how has he dealt with 150 people with bricked systems when most call center people are saying on that thread with this sort work you average about 80 calls a day.

What are the odds of people just ringing up about this, he has to handle other stuff too right so hes on hundreds and hundreds of calls now. If he did an 8 hour day with no breaks 150 calls would be 3.2 minutes a call is that even enough time to get most people through security? let alone run through trouble shooting a console.

last time i checked it was only a couple of people claiming this how is just this one guy dealing with 150 cases of locked up ps4s, there must be hundreds of people in customer service are they all dealing with hundreds of case of locked up ps4s becuase of this game?
            Last edited by Lebowski; 05-03-2019, 15:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Question is, will EA see repeat customers for Anthem... not feeling they will
              I would say that depends on how many people bought it digitally, as they have the game no matter what. BioWare have pledged support for the game for the year with new game content and support, saw they had actors back in the studio recording dialogue recently as well. Also people who have held back and wanted to buy but have maybe been put off may buy later when price drops happen as wel, it’s mainly a PvE game sooo you can jump in ANY time.

Comment

Or SONY has Quality control

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  They only understand one language and that’s whatever is coming out of their shareholders at the time.

Stop buying these games on launch, wait for reviews & user impressions then make a decision.

Preorder, buy on day 1 blindly and this is what you get.

Big pubs are not your friends. They don’t care about you, they just want to drain as much cash as possible from you.
                  I don't disagree, in that I'm struggling to remember the last time I pre-ordered a Triple AAA game (I think it might have been MCC, excluding ESO Elsweyr). That doesn't mean criticism here isn't fairly fair and on point.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  That guys claiming to work at Sony not EA, is a bit dubious. Some of the stuff he says sounds completely off, how has he dealt with 150 people with bricked systems when most call center people are saying on that thread with this sort work you average about 80 calls a day.
                  Perhaps, afterall anyone can claim to be anyone. The numbers might be high, but there were a couple of things that resonated:

1. After years and years working in IT projects I know people get defensive and protective of their side. I've done it myself even correcting what a specific error was, when in reality it doesn't matter and it's really about about fixing whatever the problem is.
                  2. I can imagine EA being selective on refunds where they have a customer spending hundreds or thousands on EA products, including microtransactions. I can imagine them refunding a customer because they are worried they might not spend thousands on this year's FUT.

There is a valid point that the 'bricking' of consoles may have been stated in error.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Or SONY has Quality control
                  but also make me wonder how robust was the Sony QA on the certification of the game.
                  That said the point was well made ar 'Era, that Sony QC/QA shouldn't be in place of the publishers more extensive process.

Comment

That said the point was well made ar 'Era, that Sony QC/QA shouldn't be in place of the publishers more extensive process.
                    What? PlayStation central don't like it because SONY's Quality control didn't pick up on hardware killing bug?. I remember even in the 8-bit, how SEGA and Nintendo would look to justify the higher cost of console games and the developer fee's because of 'Quality Control' and no more game killing bugs, like on the Microcomputers.

The SONY Q&A Team must have had an off day.

Comment

Ok so it doesn’t actually brick the PS4. If it did then that would mean Sony had royally ****ed up. No way should a game be able to brick any console, ever. Yes firmware updates, running in a privileged mode could do this. This is understandable but not a game. Anyway, moot point.

Comment

What? PlayStation central don't like it because SONY's Quality control didn't pick up on hardware killing bug?. I remember even in the 8-bit, how SEGA and Nintendo would look to justify the higher cost of console games and the developer fee's because of 'Quality Control' and no more game killing bugs, like on the Microcomputers.
                        I can't find the exact post but a number responded along similar lines that the job of the Certification process isn't extensive QA on the game/app itself but rather to complete some checks to make sure it's fit for the platform. That said I think most reasonable people will understand there's are a number of failures here which sit on both EA and Sony. Failures before and after launch.

I think the bigger question is can the publisher circumvent this process, and how no support is available to customers. Had this been a physical item (say a joypad that didn't work correctly) you'd be able to go back to the retailer and expect a refund or replacement under UK/US law. No one in their right mind would sit there and accept the broken product (or service).

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Ok so it doesn’t actually brick the PS4. If it did then that would mean Sony had royally ****ed up. No way should a game be able to brick any console, ever. Yes firmware updates, running in a privileged mode could do this. This is understandable but not a game. Anyway, moot point.
                        I still believe that there's no evidence of a bricked PS4. Although if you look at the Reddit user who claimed to have a 'bricked' machine they have said their machine is out of warranty and in a 'repair' shop. To which there are replies stating they also have consoles that are not powering up. Again I wonder if EA or Sony has reached out to those users.

What seems to be the case in some instances, is the game is causing an improper shutdown, akin to pulling the power lead and may lead to having to rebuild the database upon restart.

After the console shuts down, it's apparently a bit of a crapshoot getting it to reboot. Some gamers have reported they have been unable to restart the console by pressing the front power button. Some have had to unplug the console and plug it back in to get it to return to working order.

Comment

I think the bigger question is can the publisher circumvent this process, and how no support is available to customers. Had this been a physical item (say a joypad that didn't work correctly) you'd be able to go back to the retailer and expect a refund or replacement under UK/US law. No one in their right mind would sit there and accept the broken product (or service).
                          I would imagine that under UK law it doesn't matter if the item is physical or digital if the product sold is not fit for purpose (i.e doesn't work) One should be refunded.

What seems to be the case in some instances, is the game is causing an improper shutdown, akin to pulling the power lead and may lead to having to rebuild the database upon restart.
                          That is hardly an issue with Anthem or I've had that happen to me with Red Dead II on the One and Heavy Rain on the PS4. The trouble with the PS 4 is anytime the power goes off (not shut down by the user) you get that silly message of how the Hard Drive could be damage and needs to be fixed.

Comment

I would imagine that under UK law it doesn't matter if the item is physical or digital if the product sold is not fit for purpose (i.e doesn't work) One should be refunded.
                            In theory I think the Consumer Rights Act 2015 should protect UK consumers for digital products and services, although I'm not sure how EU rules compliment or override this (for a few weeks anyway!).

But irrespective of that currently Sony don't offer refunds, or have a transparent refund policy (beyond 'no refunds').

That is hardly an issue with Anthem or I've had that happen to me with Red Dead II on the One and Heavy Rain on the PS4. The trouble with the PS 4 is anytime the power goes off (not shut down by the user) you get that silly message of how the Hard Drive could be damage and needs to be fixed.
                            I'm not sure I follow your point, are you saying that this isn't happening to you, not happening to everyone or that it's not just Anthem? I think whilst other PS4 games might cause this issue it's the scale here that is alarming.

EA have officially acknowledged the restarting issue, and the improper shutdowns are happening widely. There are 1,500 replies alone in EA's forum thread since yesterday.

What does seem to be happening - fairly widely - are the after-effects of a PS4 suddenly losing power. Many fans using EA's Answers HQ report having to wait a short while (a few minutes in some cases) before their PS4 is able to be switched back on, and only then by pressing the button on the console itself rather using a controller. Some report being thrown into the PS4's hidden Safe Mode, which is a scary-looking set of menus designed to fix serious system bugs.

Comment

Sorry but this is squarely on EA for pumping out a clearly buggy as fook game thats not fit for use by the sounds of it.

Comment

I wonder if we've blown this out of proportion ps4s must break all the time, we've so far had one post on the Anthem, reddit saying the game had broken this persons ps4 with the only evidence being this guys word. Anthem has crash bugs so we Immediately think Anthem must of bricked his PS4, but what if it was on its way out anyway? would we blame god of war or resident evil 2 if his machine shut down while playing and refused to turn on or would we blame the console and put it down to hardware failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X