Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    The ms exclusives have turned out to be poor vs the Sony ones which have been good and Sony have more of them and they have vr and they didn’t go on about tv at launch or the mythical power of the cloud or not being able to lend games to friends. For next gen ms need to make fewer of those sorts of mistakes. They’ve been buying up studios aplenty so are on the right track I think.
    Depends on the genre. Forza is now better GT, Halo is better than the mess that was Killzone IV and when have MS ever been able to better the output of Nauty Dog?

Don't get the point of Sony VR, it's only sold in Mega CD numbers and like the Mega CD has huge issues with support. But I guess that's the price of a high cost add on

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Don't get the point of Sony VR,
      But you said Ace Combat 7 in VR was one of your greatest gaming experiences. Without PSVR you'd have never had that experience.

Surely that's the point of PSVR? Giving you an amazing experience you couldn't elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        But you said Ace Combat 7 in VR was one of your greatest gaming experiences. Without PSVR you'd have never had that experience.

Surely that's the point of PSVR? Giving you an amazing experience you couldn't elsewhere.
        Yeah and so it was play Lunar or see the scaling in Batman . That couldn't change the ratio of Mega CD sales to the Mega Drive and its much the same of Sony VR to the base console . How many of Sony's AAA In House games even support VR?.

Comment

Looks like Halo Infinity has been pushed back to the next Xbox. So no new Halo for the xbone.

Good going MS, that gives people, erm? Nothing, to look forward too.

Comment

I thought it was always next Xbox?

Comment

Think the big Xmas game for MS will be Gears 5, then. Can’t see much else coming from them apart from that though. I’m a little disappointed Halo Infinite won’t be this year if it’s true.

Comment

To be honest I think it's the right thing to do. I love MS first party... Mainly Gears, Halo, Forza... But with them fumbling this gen and 2020 most likely being whenever get the next console they might as well wait.

With the new studios delivering content as well it gives them the best chance though it does leave a huge gap is still probably the right decision.

Comment

I think MS holding Halo back and getting all the studios they have developing games for the next Xbox could mean it will have a stonking line up at launch.

Comment

Yeah, I hope so. I’m excited to see MS’ response to spending this gen on the back foot.

Wonder what Gears 5 will be like. I’ve been playing Gears 4 recently and it’s fun in coop, but VERY old school. It feels like a 360 gen game really. I hope it’s not another Crackdown 3, and instead properly steps the franchise forward.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Looks like Halo Infinity has been pushed back to the next Xbox. So no new Halo for the xbone.
                      In all fairness it was never confirmed for Xbox One.

I think it's the right thing to do, this gen for MS was royally shafted due to their own poor handling of various things.
                      Best thing to do is to launch into next gen with the full force of what will always be a killer app, a new Halo title.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        In all fairness it was never confirmed for Xbox One.

I think it's the right thing to do, this gen for MS was royally shafted due to their own poor handling of various things.
                        Best thing to do is to launch into next gen with the full force of what will always be a killer app, a new Halo title.
                        I think it’s safe to assume it was going to be a XBone game, but MS must be struggling for launch games for their next system so have pushed it back.

I mean itle sell systems, but has doomed the Xbone in the process for any meaningful console sales bump for a massive exclusive release.

Comment

The Xbox is already doomed, a Halo game isn’t going to changes it’s fortunes, especially as Microsoft have been taling about next gen for 6 months already

Comment

I wouldn't say the Xbox is doomed, I wouldn't even say it was a failure... It's just MS tripped up from day one and has never recovered. It's sold decent numbers but when you compare it to the PS4 it's not even a close race.

Right now you've got decent 4K machines which are fully backward compatibility with a massive library of game, are capable media players and with game pass have a great subscription service.

So yeah mistakes were made, huge mistakes... But in my eyes MS haven't made any major mistakes recently and it'll be interesting to see if they will bring surprises at E3.

Comment

...and are number 3 in their two biggests territories. Whilst Nintendo go sailing past Xbox One's LTD figures this year, and Sony release their 100m Special Edition PS4's.

Halo Infinite makes sense as a launch game (with cross gen support). Microsoft needs games just for its hardcore fans to invest in new machines as well as parrying Sony's new hardware. Even in a service world.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 24-02-2019, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                I wouldn't say the Xbox is doomed, I wouldn't even say it was a failure... It's just MS tripped up from day one and has never recovered. It's sold decent numbers but when you compare it to the PS4 it's not even a close race.
                                It's going the way of the PSP, which sold very well, and was only a failure in the context of outselling the DS, but is often referred to as an utter failure in terms of sales.

Comment

Working...
                                X