No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gravitating closer and closer to 12 months PSNow being a better buy than 12 months PS+, if you're not online MPing a lot then... not really worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I really wish PlayStation would do a Game Pass type thing. I'm happy to get MW, but yeah if you've already go it, then pantaloons. Sure I have the Witness game through Plus before, maybe it was a demo? It reminds me of Myst a little, so I'll take a proper look at this.

But yeah, get a Game Pass type model going Sony!
      The have PS Now which includes c.200 downloadable (mostly PS4) games. It does have a number of games on it that are also on Game Pass as well as some big titles. However it doesn't have new indie titles or newer first party games and cost 40% more a month (similar price when purchased for 12-month sub) but does have streaming for all games available.

I was surprised by just how much PS Now has on the service. But for me it's monthly price is too high and it doesn't make any advantage of Sony's great heritage and include PS1/PS2 games from their catalogue. They also suffer having no backwards compatibility.

Comment

"Big" tittles like Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and I think PUBG and ne Forza hit Game Pass. PSNow doesn't get that fresh.

Comment

To be fair, Sony don't need to

Comment

Yeah but if they did, Sony would nab the final 6 Xbox users.

Comment

Yeah but if they did, Sony would nab the final 6 Xbox users.
              game pass letting you play mediocre first party xbox one games for £15 a month, its high profile recent releases have all pretty much sucked bar forza. and what really sucks is there was so much potential, ive nearly pulled the trigger three times now and three times high profile releases have all pretty much sucked.

State of Decay massive potential for team play and co-op in a walking dead style game world, shared scavenging base building and zombis hunting completely wasted.

Sea of Thieves, a skeleton of game only now getting to a point where there is actually something to do in the game world

Crackdown 3, A game that literally came out 10 years too late with a barebones campaign and ten year old gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                game pass letting you play mediocre first party xbox one games for £15 a month
                Game Pass is only £7.99 per month.

Comment

Regardless of their quality, brand new titles piped down a subscription service looks good on paper. But makes you think if something that looks good on paper was put on the service for a reason i.e. they knew these games gonna be sub par, so they put it on Game Pass to look good.

Imagine such a service where the games were great.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  game pass letting you play mediocre first party xbox one games for £15 a month, its high profile recent releases have all pretty much sucked bar forza. and what really sucks is there was so much potential, ive nearly pulled the trigger three times now and three times high profile releases have all pretty much sucked.

State of Decay massive potential for team play and co-op in a walking dead style game world, shared scavenging base building and zombis hunting completely wasted.

Sea of Thieves, a skeleton of game only now getting to a point where there is actually something to do in the game world

Crackdown 3, A game that literally came out 10 years too late with a barebones campaign and ten year old gameplay

Comment

Regardless of their quality, brand new titles piped down a subscription service looks good on paper. But makes you think if something that looks good on paper was put on the service for a reason i.e. they knew these games gonna be sub par, so they put it on Game Pass to look good.

Imagine such a service where the games were great.
                    The 'quality' of the games isn't why they are being put on a service, like Game Pass (or indeed PS Now). Both services have a range of games that are considered critical successes to those that have reviewed more poorly.

Comment

Of course, the services house older and great titles, I was talking about the brand new releases that hit Game Pass specifically. I'm sure it's just a coincidence most of those were not well received.
                      Last edited by hudson; 28-02-2019, 12:24. Reason: my 'w' key is dying

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                        Game Pass is only £7.99 per month.
                        If you're not bothered about keeping an ongoing subscription, you can usually get that to under £4 for a month if you wait for the offers (I got 12 months for £47).

Shadow of the Tomb Raider recently got added to the available titles, which is neither old or bad.

It's not like they hide what's available until you sign up (unlike Netflix): https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games if you can get it for £4 a month it's well worth it.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 28-02-2019, 12:25.

Comment

Of course, the services house older and great titles, I was talking about the brand new releases that hit Game Pass specifically. I'm sure it's just a coincidence most of those were not well received.
                          That's not really true. There have actually been some very good, highly praised games that have hit the service: Mutant Year Zero, Ashen and Hellblade, for example. It some cases day and date with their release. Obviously from smaller studio's or indies but it's certainly not true to say all of the new games hitting Game Pass have not been well received.

The pattern is that you won't see new Triple AAA releases on the service. They are either partnered with MS in some way, first party or indie.

Comment

Yeah, that's what Sony should do. Add up and coming games to Now. Like Days Gone and new Last of Us etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              If you're not bothered about keeping an ongoing subscription, you can usually get that to under £4 for a month if you wait for the offers (I got 12 months for £47).

Shadow of the Tomb Raider recently got added to the available titles, which is neither old or bad.

It's not like they hide what's available until you sign up (unlike Netflix): https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games if you can get it for £4 a month it's well worth it.
                              The RRP is £7.99 a month tho. Just responding to the '£15 a month' statement.

Absolutely there has been lots of deals for GP, but that might be something that stops or becomes less. I managed to eek out the first 6 months for less than £15. I also picked up 12-months for £47 from Amazon.

Comment

Yep, that price tag is definitely going to ramp up quickly once Game Pass gets a foothold. So far for me it's only worth having when a first party major release is launched i.e not often and not for long.

So far:

Forza Horizon 4: Used my free trial
                                Crackdown 3: 2 months for £2 offer that they refunded when I cancelled it after finishing the game
                                Gears of War 5: Already accrued enough points for 1 free week when the game comes out via using Bing

MS have so far lost £150 I would have spent before just on me

Comment

Working...
                                X