Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is, MP's utter failure to move forward on anything today provides final conclusive proof that they're unable to galvanise any support for anything going forward, especially when the deal on the table is less supported than two other options May will tomorrow call a failure herself. When MP's reach a dead end so conclusive and will not abide a No Deal scenario they only have one justifiable option which is to return the issue to a referendum whether they like it or not, it's literally the only stalemate breaker option in play unless they cave on May's Deal and good luck selling that idea to the public going forward if they do, the march to the demise of the two parties continues.

Top three options:

Custom Union, most of the bells and whistles of being in without control, taken back to a referendum....

Therefore you muppet MP's CLEARLY WANT TO REMAIN. There's utterly no point leaving under the most popular option and the public voting for it most likely would solve every bloody problem except a percentage of the population being upset which is far, far too gone and issue at this point so why sodding care about that anymore?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-03-2019, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      So May will step down if MPs support her deal, which is strange, because May being PM isn't the problem with the WA and won't change the WA if it happens.

However, it means if it happens that Johnson will more than likely become PM and if you thought things had gone badly so far, they'll get far worse with Boris in charge.
      Boris has decided, all of a sudden, to support May's deal. But there's no connection between his change of decision and the likelihood of a leadership contest. None, whatsoever.

THEY ARE ALL JUST IN IT FOR THEIR OWN CAREERS. BUNCH OF SELF SERVING INSERT SWEARWORDS

Comment

Starting to get a nagging feeling that maybe this Brexit thing could be just a touch more complex than giving a binary vote to a misinformed public.

Comment

Indicative Votes Results Come In

"There's nothing here! Why didn't the Cameron tell us... why did he lead us down here?"

"To leave. That was his mission"

"There was never any stopping it."

KRZGHH** "Hello?" **Crackle KRAHRRZZZ "This is the Eurotunnel connection to Calais. Somebody please come in. Rumours of MP's failing the nation" KRZRR** "Command and control have broken down. Somebody please come in. Please, it's... it's happening... Is anybody there?" BRZZH**

"I am"

"Brexit Secretary? Can you help us?..."

-Stirring melancholy music-
          "By the time MP's became self aware, despair had spread into millions of citizens across the kingdom. Ordinary people in office buildings, dorm rooms, everywhere. It was No Deal, in mid-April. There was no consensus. It could not be shut down. No Deal began at 0:01am, 13 April just as Mogg said it would.

Brexit Day

The day the United Kingdom was nearly destroyed by the Referendum they'd run to free themselves."

"I should have realised, our incompetence meant we were never going to stop No Deal. We merely have to survive it...

"... together.

The public knew. They tried to tell us. But we didn't want to hear it. Maybe the future has been written, I don't know. All we know is what the Maybot taught us. Never stop infighting.

And we never will"

"Brexit has just begun"

Comment

Well to be fair to them, I think the votes show they are against No Deal. And also against a deal. And not leaving. And maybe even leaving as well, it’s hard to keep track of what they don’t want but it seems like everything.

It’s a shambles. Your government look like a right bunch of tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I think that's been evident for some time.

Comment

The DUP last night confirmed that there is no visible way they could ever come to support May's deal. As a result Mogg cowered and changed position for the second time in 24 hours, now opposing the deal again too.

In a way it buys her more time, if her Deal isn't voted for then she doesn't need to resign as fast.

Comment

I'll be honest, you're starting to wind me up with all the use of "you" and "your" in your posts.

I didn't vote for them, I didn't vote for Brexit and I didn't vote for their leader.

I get what you mean, but can you stop associating me with them, please?

Comment

? Your government is as in the country's government.

It is our government whether you voted for them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I'll be honest, you're starting to wind me up with all the use of "you" and "your" in your posts.

I didn't vote for them, I didn't vote for Brexit and I didn't vote for their leader.

I get what you mean, but can you stop associating me with them, please?
                      Sorry, [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. Yes, I get what you mean. As Marty says, I mean it as in your country’s government. Really they SHOULD be representing you but I know of course they don’t and, yes, I can see why my wording would be frustrating. My apologies.
                      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 28-03-2019, 10:08.

Comment

I know what he means, he's just making me want to wash.

How can Boris even be in the running? Seriously. He can’t be the best you’ve got.
                        He's not the best we've got.
                        He's an option of leader that the Conservatives have got.

If May steps down, the new leader of the entire country won't be decided by us, it will be within the Conservative party.

This is what I mean by the "you" thing bugging me!
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-03-2019, 11:14.

Comment

Sorry, [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. Yes, I get what you mean. As Marty says, I mean it as in your country’s government. Really they SHOULD be representing you but I know of course they don’t and, yes, I can see why my wording would be frustrating. My apologies.
                          No government represents 100% of the people 100% of the time, in fact I'd wager no government ever represents 100% of the people, it can't given 100% of the people don't elect it.

Parliament more wholly is better representative but without proportional representations it'll never achieve 100% representation.

Currently, the government doesn't appear to be representing very many people at all. The indicative votes, however, do show that parliament is as divided as the people on what they want and I'd suggest that was far closer to representation of the people.

Comment

This is just historic levels of naval gazing, political observers will spend years pulling it apart.

MP's don't want the only deal on the table
                            MP's don't want to leave with no deal
                            MP's don't want to leave under any of the alternatives
                            MP's don't want to cancel and remain

Assuming they kill May's Deal again and assuming they remain steadfast in their opposition to No Deal they are literally left with either accepting the 'vassal state' option they despise or remaining. They just can't justify enough support for any option going forward, especially when they're expected to back that option for the next several years during phase two of negotiations which the EU will dislike and won't tolerate retroactive attempts to unpick the withdrawal agreement during those stages. Same for the backstop, you can't take a deal without accepting it or not accept it without destroying the Good Friday Agreement neither favourable.

They literally need a new clear mandate from the public to override the MP stalemate. They can't afford to go to General Election because they'll most likely end up in a worse situation than they're currently in and also can't campaign during the elections for an outcome as they can't agree on one. Therefore, there literally only is a second referendum left as an option in any circumstance if they don't want to procrastinate themselves into No Deal.

They need to pull their heads out their backsides now. All these MP's plotting to take over from May won't last 5 minutes themselves if they can't take charge right now.

Prospects of the third vote on May's Deal happening tomorrow are sinking, if May misses the EU's deadline of Monday at the latest then all involved need to close the door on her deal for good.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              ? Your government is as in the country's government.

It is our government whether you voted for them or not.
                              Actually, no one voted for either our current government, nor our prime minister, they just decided amongst themselves and divied up who wants what.

Comment

Dominic Raab actually says 'I think it's the time for realism' and says what should happen next is the UK goes back to the EU and says it wants changes to the backstop. That is the level of sheer incompetence we're dealing with here.

It's now looking like May's third vote will happen tomorrow and will this time be solely on the Withdrawal Agreement excluding the Political Declaration. However, the EU's Withdrawal Act says both must be voted on together so it could be for nothing. MP's are already berating the attempt and you would hope, given it's borderline illegal, the Speaker would block it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X