This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I have been game-hopping on Switch and can't settle on any game. Made that mistake of buying games before I had finished other games and now I'm not hugely motivated to play any of them (no disrespect to Wargroove, which I think is brilliant)... so I dug out my Vita and started playing Final Fantasy VIII. Haven't played it since back in the day but already really enjoying it.
    I love this.

Problem: Too many games
    Solution: More games

That sums most of the forum up

Comment

I really enjoyed playing Darkest Dungeon on Vita whilst I was away.
      Well, "enjoyed" is possibly the wrong term, as I was terrified to even attempt the levels as it's so tough and imposing.
      I've survived every run I've made, but somebody always comes back borderline insane and I have to send them back into the pub/asylum for help.
      However, I'm thinking a lot about the game and what to level up and how to make things a bit easier on my people.

What's surprised me is how big the player base is.
      There are videos, apps, forums and Facebook groups just talking about this game I'd initially written off as a shallow Flash game.
      The artwork is unique and fits brilliantly and the narrator is just brilliant and totally makes it.

I can play on the projector via PS4, but I think the Vita is a perfect fit.

Back home, so I'm back in the RDR2 saddle.
      Still faffing around seeking bits for trinkets and found one in the frozen wastes and I needed a necklace, which could be found at Aberdeen Pig Farm.

Hooooh boy!

Anyone asking you into their house in RDR2 sends alarm bells, but it's all part of the experience, so I went in (after saving!)...

A portly, but friendly fellow asks you if you'd like some food and his buxom wife comes to the door, to sweeten the deal.
      I went in, she goes upstairs to change and he asks you to go and check on her when she takes a while.
      She's changing, but reeeeal friendly, but asks you to go back down and wait.
      When she returns, the two are all over each other and feeding each other.

They explain that "it used to be a pig farm when our parents were alive..."

Parents.

Our parents.

I really laughed when Arthur looks at the two siblings as the penny drops.

You can leave at that point (which I did at first) or stay and drink.
      If you stay, they take all your money, you pass out and wake up in a shallow grave with a corpses on top and all around you.

Obviously, I went back to recover my hard-glitched gold stash.

I snuck in and roped the sister, but it wouldn't let me rope or disarm the brother, so I had to kill him.

I left with her tied up, and with all of their and my belongings.

After that, I got the talismans from the fence and started actually doing some missions as I'm started to get heckled by my mates who've recently finished it.

Comment

Dirt 2. I think its the best Rally game made since the Colin McRae days on the PS and PS2. The support for the Logitech force feedback wheel is sensational too

Comment

Still playing Destiny2 and I’m on the exotic hunt, still missing loads.

Completed the Shattered Throne dungeon for the first time last week, just fooking outstanding design from bungie on this it really is a work of art and a lesson in level design and world building.

Did Whisper of the Worm for the first time last week as well, again as above just a brilliant example on how to build secret missions the right way.

Still the best FPS gameplay wise by a country mile, every time I shoot a gun it’s fun, be that testing a new roll or playing with old favourites.

Comment

I’ve ditched Destiny 2 until Season of the Drifter launches, Black Armory killed my mojo.
            Totally agree about Shattered Throne and Whisper, they really are two incredible sections of that game, hard to believe not a lot of people have played Shattered Throne because of the rotations. Attempting Worm pre-forsaken was a killer, a time gated level you would run through and have 2 mins left to tan all the bosses, loved it, love the pressure it puts on the team and unlocking the worm was a proud moment. POLARIS LANCE FTW!

I’ve been in and out of Apex Legends, still amazing to play. Tetris 99, SO addictive. Crackdown 3, MUST FIND ORBS! Far Cry: New Dawn, I loved FC5 and this is more of it with a continued story and trying to gold all of Trials Fusion but I have no skillz.

The Occupation is out next week and I can’t wait to explore that.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              I’ve ditched Destiny 2 until Season of the Drifter launches, Black Armory killed my mojo.
              Totally agree about Shattered Throne and Whisper, they really are two incredible sections of that game, hard to believe not a lot of people have played Shattered Throne because of the rotations. Attempting Worm pre-forsaken was a killer, a time gated level you would run through and have 2 mins left to tan all the bosses, loved it, love the pressure it puts on the team and unlocking the worm was a proud moment. POLARIS LANCE FTW!

I’ve been in and out of Apex Legends, still amazing to play. Tetris 99, SO addictive. Crackdown 3, MUST FIND ORBS! Far Cry: New Dawn, I loved FC5 and this is more of it with a continued story and trying to gold all of Trials Fusion but I have no skillz.

The Occupation is out next week and I can’t wait to explore that.
              I had good month and half of no PS4 so by the time I got it back from Sony repair all the forges were unlocked and I just went through them. Managed to get Jotünn on my 3rd radiant frame in the last forge, which was useful for the Whisper quest big time.

Shattered thrown I almost soloed until the rafter section where I got stuck in the geometry of the rafters and fell off. So i then used the app for get a team in for my second run.

Plus I still have all the Raids to go through bar the first one so have saved all the best content till last.

Comment

Played a whole evening of Overwatch. Took me a while to get back into it. Lost skillz. Should have been working.... Plonker.

Comment

Just touches of BallisticNG here and there. There are some serious optimisation issues on the VR side of things. The dev has acknowledged them and is looking to fix for v1.1.

Come to think of it none of the racing games on the PC are anywhere near optimised enough for 90fps VR. This is the main issue when things are not built exclusively for the platform.

Comment

Still on FFXIV. Literally just dinged 60, about 7 levels above where I am in the main story quests. I think I am about 4 quests away from where I gave up last time!

Comment

At work I'm about halfway through Bendy and the Ink Machine so far

At home, last night I started Kingdom Hearts III, watched the archive videos and started the game before falling asleep before the gameplay eventually began so hopefully some progress will begin this weekend. Man it's an overly self indulgent franchise.

Comment

SPAAAHDERMAYYYAAANN

This game done knocked me outta the stadium, shot a coupla web stringy things and pulled me back to the batting plate, y’all.

I just beat the first boss(with much difficulty) and stopped after that. Pant-wettingly gorgeous to look at, and the web slinging is so much fun. I feel like a grandma, not really sure what I’m doing and fluking it but hopefully I’ll get the hang of things once I’ve calmed down over how great it looks, sounds and feels.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          SPAAAHDERMAYYYAAANN

Comment

Still plodding through AC Odyssey. At around the 40 hour mark and I'm ready for this to be wrapped up in the next 10 hours or so ... which should link up rather nicely with The Division 2.

Comment

Been playing Wolfenstein The Old Blood upstairs on the 'bone, got past annoying prison guard bit and it's all good.

Then, PS3 downstairs, had a decent crack on Operation Raccoon City, which only cost 99p. I had this on 360 years back but never persisted past the dull start, which is a pity as once Birkin appears, it's rollicking good fun, stage 2 with the zombies is proper gaming jazz. It's a bit janky and not proper Resi but it's fun, looks good in parts and has a nicely cheesy vibe. Even though the darks are TOO dark. But it only cost 99p, should I complain?

Now, a bit of New Vegas. I love this game, haven't played it for like two years. Atmos is already better than Fallout 4, that game felt barren and Boston is dull as fark. It's got a bit of life to it. But it's weird not being able to run. I don't think you can, anyway. But who cares, lovin it lovin it lovin it.

Comment

Haha, just entered some crappy robotics factory with nowt in it of value bar some sensor modules. Exit the place and get ambushed by three silver-haired old grannies in pink dresses armed with rolling pins, 'Irate Ida', 'Malefic Maud' and 'Rancorous Ruth'. I'm afraid to say I blew all their heads off with a rifle, they were quite ferocious for old ladies.

Comment

Working...
                                X