X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Edit - beaten!

First one won't get through, second one may, third probably will but that fourth one desperately needs to
    Possibly the second and the forth should get through given the voting last time. But it all depends on whether they're whipped and DUP votes against it.

1st and 3rd amendments won't get through.

Comment

Lidington seems to map out that if May's Deal isn't agreed by next Wednesday MP's will face indicative votes to map out the means by which an A50 extension would be requested thereby having to make definitive decisions for once.

Comment

Labour considering whether to whip its MPs not to vote in favour of the second referendum.

The People's Vote group says it doesn't tell people how to vote but then tells them now isn't the time to vote in favour of the second referendum

100% - I believe that by the time Labour and TPV believe the timing is right it will be too late and they'll never get their opportunity.

Comment

Tide starts to turn against Labour due to their cowardice

Comment

The People's Vote group says it doesn't tell people how to vote but then tells them now isn't the time to vote in favour of the second referendum.
            Please excuse my ignorance but I was under the impression that the People's Vote group were actively pushing for a new referendum? Is not right?

Comment

That's right, except for when it's tabled as a real option it seems. They're like everyone else involved in the process, forever kicking the can down the road as they see it as a second referendum being a final solution to Brexit. So they'll only actively move on it when every other option has been exhausted... which will never happen, No Deal is what will happen. It's two weeks till Brexit and another window like this won't happen for another 7-11 days, how now isn't the time... though I suspect Labours utter failure to support it either is also driving the stance. Thing is, Labour never will, it's becoming more and more obvious it was an empty gesture.

Comment

They're like everyone else involved in the process, forever kicking the can down the road as they see it as a second referendum being a final solution to Brexit. So they'll only actively move on it when every other option has been exhausted... which will never happen, No Deal is what will happen.
                That's exactly it. This seems so weird.

Comment

There's another second referendum amendment being held back presumably for late next week, Labour have just been tasked to ask if they'll bottle that one too and have pointedly say that they will support the next one. The second amendment will effectively say the party will agree to May's Deal as long as it's put to a referendum.

Comment

The DUP leader has just indicted that the party may be about to cave in like wusses and agree to May's Deal

Comment

I guess it's about time the DUP agreed to something.

Comment

Best for Britain, the pro-referendum group, have added their voice deciding what's best for Britain is also voting down todays pro-referendum amendment

Comment

Even Donald chuffin' Trump knows it's not going well!

"Here are some fuller quotes from what President Trump said during his photocall with Leo Varadkar, the Irish prime minister. (See 3.52pm.)

Trump said Brexit was “tearing countries apart”. He said:
                          "It’s a very complex thing right now, it’s tearing a country apart, it’s actually tearing a lot of countries apart and it’s a shame it has to be that way but I think we will stay right in our lane."

He criticised May’s handling of Brexit, saying he was “surprised how badly it has all gone”. He said:
                          "I’m surprised at how badly it has all gone from a stand point of negotiations but I gave the prime minister my ideas of how to negotiate it, she didn’t listen to that and that’s fine but it could have been negotiated in a different manner."

Trump, of course, was a supporter of Brexit.

He said he thought Brexit would have to be delayed. He said:
                          "I think they are probably going to have to do something because right now they are in the midst of a very short period of time, at the end of the month and they are not going to be able to do that."

He said he thought the UK could do “a very big trade deal” with the UK after Brexit."

EDIT: I still think Trump is a narcissistic douche.

Comment

Once Trump has sorted out his deal with Kim Jong-un, perhaps he'll be in a position to provide advice

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

He said he thought the UK could do “a very big trade deal” with the UK after Brexit."
                              That's the solution! We only trade with ourselves!

Comment

First amendment on 2nd referendum defeated - MPs really don't want one: 334 against votes to 85 for

The Benn amendment has been defeated by 314 votes to 312

Third amendment falls by 318 votes to 302 - a majority of 16.

Forth amendment withdrawn - so basically May is now free to have a third vote on her massively failed WA motion

Motion to extend article 50 passes with 412 in favour, 202 against, a majority of 210

So now the UK better come up with a good reason for the EU to let them when it goes cap in hand to ask.
                                Last edited by MartyG; 14-03-2019, 17:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X