No announcement yet.

Trainers and stories involving trainers - remember to do pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a review of the shoe that I wore for a 10k PB in February. https://gearselected.com/on-cloudflash-review/

Comment

Great review, Charles. One of my secret fetishes is watching trainer reviews on YT. I even found a long vid on failed football boot technologies and found myself gripped! So much good tech in the footwear biz these days, it's good research to find the bestest shoes for one's feet. Let us not forget they are cars for the foot.

As for them Copa, the red ones look well good. I wouldn't buy them cos I like a superbouncy shoe but they look very striking and sleek, I could imagine a Russian Gangster in a tracksuit fighting Jean Claude Van Damme in a pair of them.

As for SD, in general just be educated about what you buy. A lot of "brand-name" stuff in there isn't built to last. Sports Direct bought out a lot of old brands and manufacture the stuff themselves, often looking the same but using cheaper materials. And you often find more budgety shoes from your Nike and Adidas. Bit like stuff you get in Deichmann.

But have had some good ish from there. Them Nike Versitile from there were ace for work. Until front air bubbles went and made a noise like a tiny, hissing snake.

And last time I went in they had this really suave pair of Puma Suedes in all navy upper with gum bottom for about £30. They looked really smart, really cool colour scheme.

And of course, the classic, huge SD mug. Got one in front of me.

Comment

But steer clear of Gelert or Karrimor walking boots. I bought the former for work, mate bought the latter, soles ended up splitting after about a month. Like, totally and horizontally across. Imagine if it was piss-wet out, total soakage. Not very good. Apparently, Gelert used to be high quality until SD bought them out and injected their cheap materials into the mix.

Comment

Karrimor are cheap dross. May as well throw your money in the toilet.

Comment

Aye, I got a pair of Gelert boots from SD, I only need them for walking around a field on Saturday's but already I can feel they are far too spongy on the front part of my foot, there should be a lot more stiffness for support.

If I was getting a pair of walking boots for actual walking I'd get a decent pair, wife got a pair of GoreTex Brasher's in about 2003 and are still going strong - well I say that but they haven't been worn in a few of those years so could well have rotted and fall apart the next time she wears them.

Comment

Off to Whitby with the guys at work for a coupla nights tomoz, gave me the excuse to quickly grab a pair each of Nike LunarConverge and GTS 16, both in black and white, from the Nike outlet store, me ending up about £70 lighter.

Neither are amazing, black n white is hardly thrilling but I'm hoping the LunarConverges impress, I've only tried them on but they aren't as comfy as the LunarCharge (which was my fave shoe of 2018, I love their ease, lightness and comfort).

The GTS 16s are a basic, 80s-style skateboardy/tennisy shoe, basic but sleek, they fit my thin feet nicely. I like them. But nowt amazing. They'll be decent for Whitby.

Comment

Anyway, I had a quick browse in SD today to check if those lovely navy/gum Puma Suede were still in (it was gonna be an impulse grab) and they'd gone.

What I *did* notice, however, were lots of funky-looking new Puma trainers, all around £30-£40, all using their new Ultraboost-style foam.

Apparently, they got some impressive boost foam tech, Adidas-rivalling. And don't forget the guy who started Puma, Rudolf Dassler, was Adolf 'Adi' Dassler's bro. And they were bitter rivals. So they're fighting again.

I am very curious about the Puma boost. If it's decent, they're selling it to the masses at a nice price. Damn it, next payday I'll likely have a pair, bejaysus I don't need 'em!!!!

Comment

Also bought three pairs of jeans, I need a few new pairs. To my disbelief, both pairs of kicks look ace with all three pairs!!!

B-B-B-B-Brucie B-B-Bonus!!!!

Comment

Jeezis, everything I'll be wearing tomoz will be brand new. Even got some Pac Man pants from ASDA Living. They were quite expensive tbh, think it was £7 or £8 for two pairs. I will have them on my balls tomorrow.

Comment

Them GTSes look boss. I try not to wear uncushioned-style trainers but these look suave as fa-hark. More I look at 'em, more I really like 'em.

Oh man, don't ya ****in LOVE trainers??!!!!!

They are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

JazzFunk's trainer blog signing out.

*FARTS LOUDLY AND GRAPHICALLY*

PFFFFffffffbbbbrrrrRRrrrrrttttffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFf ffffffffff...fffftrrrrrrfffffttttttsssss.....

(the sound of an actual fart)

Comment

PS Gelert can GEL the fERT outta here!!!

The dirty, plastic boot-making *****!

Comment

*shartage occurs, change the underpants*

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Anyway, I had a quick browse in SD today to check if those lovely navy/gum Puma Suede were still in (it was gonna be an impulse grab) and they'd gone.

What I *did* notice, however, were lots of funky-looking new Puma trainers, all around £30-£40, all using their new Ultraboost-style foam.

Apparently, they got some impressive boost foam tech, Adidas-rivalling. And don't forget the guy who started Puma, Rudolf Dassler, was Adolf 'Adi' Dassler's bro. And they were bitter rivals. So they're fighting again.

I am very curious about the Puma boost. If it's decent, they're selling it to the masses at a nice price. Damn it, next payday I'll likely have a pair, bejaysus I don't need 'em!!!!
                              Had a look for those Adidas trainers in SD you mentioned and they didn't have any, neither did they have the Asics ones the daughter wanted BUT, they did have some other Asics that aren't on their website, they really are a load of amateurs.

Anyway, we ordered a pair of the ones she wanted from Asics Outlet, a couple of quid more expensive than SD but got free postage and they are on Quidco - get in!

Comment

Need some new red puma suedes as I’ve worn these ones out. Any suggestions as to cheapest place to pick up a pair?

Comment

Working...
                                X