No announcement yet.

Pacman quarter arcade replica review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! No honestly, it would be for her... mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Have you opened it up and looked at the guts [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]?
      Nope i have no intention of opening mine don't want to tempt fate, but if you're curious heres a vid, skip to 12:30 mark to see it naked.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Any idea when these might be coming out? My wife is a huge Ms Pac-Man fan and this could make for a great birthday present next year. I mean, she'll curse me because we have nowhere to put it but she'll also love it.
      Sadly not, there's no timeframe announced yet apart from them all coming in 2019

Comment

Seems they sold out of the initial batch, looks like they are releasing them in waves next wave won’t be till feb next year now. Going to guess they are making them in smaller batches to keep the quality under control as let’s face it. As wonderful as the replicade centipede cab was their quality is hit & miss as a lot of people online got duff ones, grateful mine was ok but they could have done with making them in smaller batches too. Someone on YouTube has commented that these Pac-Man cabs have had a load of problems which is strange as I have been following it very closely and have seen no such mention online, gonna guess someone salty but I have asked him to show me them receipts lol. Only problem I ever heard mentioned in preview vids when the prototypes were sent out was the scaling was uneven and the sound was not right, both issues which were fixed.

Comment

While browsing the facebook fanclub page i came across proto pics of the galaga cab they are doing next. EB games in australia had leaked the pic as they had put up preorders way early than they should have. Looks pretty sweet

Comment

That looks great! Even the box is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              That looks great! Even the box is nice.
              Yeah they really do know how to make a nice looking item, hope they can get more licenses for potentially future cabs would be a huge shame if they stopped at just 4. They did mention that they would love to get hold of ones from Nintendo but no luck so far. Shame really as stuff like Donkey kong would be amazing at this size.

Comment

Wish I'd seen this before Chrimbo, may have asked for one. So are they reasonably playable?
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                  Wish I'd seen this before Chrimbo, may have asked for one. So are they reasonably playable?
                  Your cabs are getting smaller and smaller, mate!

Just admit you want to build a model village!

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                    Yeah i had no problem controlling pacman with that stick, its small but the stick is pretty responsive. Not sure how it would cope with a multi hour long session as the longest i have played is about an hour in one stitting but had no control problems at all. As much as i like pacman i find i get a little bored after a while on any arcade where it's the same level over & over about an hour is where i stop. Not that i can keep going on the same credit as about screen 6 the ghosts destroy me lol, i still havent learnt all their patterns well enough to anticipate as it speeds up.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Your cabs are getting smaller and smaller, mate!

Just admit you want to build a model village!
                      Just trying to feel better about my *ahem* shortcomings in other areas bud
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Looks like Numskull are making more than the anticipated 4 they just announced today that they are making another wave to go with the 4 announced there will be track & field, space invaders & dig dug. Galaga is been released in september with ms pacman & galaxian down for november release the others been released in may next year. Going to be an expensive couple of months as i want all of them apart from track & field.
                        Last edited by importaku; 26-06-2019, 11:29.

Comment

That Track & Field is going to crumble beneath the frantic button mashing!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            That Track & Field is going to crumble beneath the frantic button mashing!
                            Lol you are not the first person to mention that, numskull better be making that cabinet out of something super strong. Personally it's not a good choice as the buttons are not going to stand up against that kind of abuse. But that's one im not too keen on as im not a sports game kind of person the rest however i will be preordering but at £149 a pop it's not a cheap hobby but they look soooo nice i can't resist.

Some bigger pics

Last edited by importaku; 26-06-2019, 11:36.

Comment

The Space Invaders one looks class. What's the sound like on these things? I'd want to hear some of that booming bass with Space Invaders.

Comment

Only have pacman to go off at the moment but the speaker is reasonably large in it so it does give out some meaty sound effects, it helps that the cabinets are wood as that provides a good base to resonate off. They can get pretty loud at full volume.

Comment

Working...
                                X