Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I'm on that as long as it makes it over here
      Hope we might see a few more in the line

Neil

Comment

I was totally indifferent until I clicked the spoiler tag

Comment

Gegege no Kitaro doesn't often get proper figures usually cheap gashapon type sets. Seems the current anime series is getting some cool merch. Behind Doraemon Gegege no kitaro is my second fave all time anime series, decisions time is this set worth 15,000 yen hngggg. Already have the set that was released to celebrate his vintage look but i do like his 2018 redesign
          Last edited by importaku; 18-02-2019, 20:24.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            I was totally indifferent until I clicked the spoiler tag
            Up on Kapow & TFS-Express
            Coming in at around the £45 mark which is a bit high I think
            Not sure I'll get him at that price tbh

Neil

Comment

Almost done with Siren (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Comment

This model took longer than I expected...and in fact many of my expectations weren't met.
                First the box, in volume, is roughly as big as a Sinanju Master Grade, and I was expecting Siren to share a similar size to Bandai's MG...after completing a few subassemblies I realized it wouldn't be the case, and it wasn't until I assembled the head I realized I was looking as something much, much smaller than I thought. Siren is non-scale, and the model alone is as tall as your typical 1/144 Gundam model. A bit disappointing, to be honest, especially when you consider the price point is just shy of 9000yen.

Detailing is good, with well-sculpted panel lines, no warping or malformed sprues, and many coloured sprues. There are clear green parts, clear parts, the faceplate is in ABS, preassembled and coloured, and of course you have the...uhmm...wings of light and the halo, printed on clear PVC. There are no polycaps for joints, and mobility is rather limited. You can mode the arms around, rotate the torso, play around on some smaller parts. The arms jutting out of Siren's waist are fixed and you are given only two positions. The head is on a pivot but due to its and the shoulders' design, it can't really swivel around. Feet are pretty much fixed the way you see in the pictures. Legs can bend at the knee and move around a bit at the waist, and attaching them was a nightmare: even right now I'm not sure they are as intended, but their joint simply won't go farther than it is, and I'm afraid I could snap something if I apply more force. One the legs are in position, you'll keep them as they are because the slightest movement might cause them to fall off.

Placing correctly the halo was another nightmare, the two backpack elements can turn around only one axis, and you have to find the correct angle at which the halo won't flex. It's not a particularly friendly process, and for a time I thought to leave Siren without those. The fact these are printed on clear PVC rather than being supplied as separate plastic pieces is disappointing: the high price point comes into play again, and I would have really loved for Kotobukiya to include something printed as Hresvelgr (linky-link to a previous posty-post). Even standard clear pieces would have looked a lot better.

But my biggest problem are the water decals. I'm used to water decals since I was a kid as airplane models would only use those, and I'd still love to see Bandai go for those in Gundam kits. Naturally, I'm happy that Kotobikiya use water decals in their kits (Frame Arm Girls use them too), but I wish they'd use better adhesive film. There are two decals for the rear skirt, and each "shield" portion uses three decals: two for the border gold trim, and one for the inner element. Hresvelgr had small decals on her suit, and I remember they would come out if you'd touch them even after hours left drying (of course dry them with cotton buds or similar after applying them), so I first applied one decal, waited for a few days, and then went for the second decal. The moment I touched the old decal with the wet one, the older decals would immediately detach as if was freshly applied. Even after carefully drying all excess water, decals would still move around when trying to further dry them by softly pressing a cotton bud on them. So yeah, if you plan to build Siren I would strongly suggest to cut yourself a mask for the gold parts and paint them, it'll be much easier.

But I had my share of fun building Siren. It's not a particularly difficult model, although there are two minor parts that need glue. There rest is a rather good snap model with tighter fits than other Kotobukiya models I assembled, and it even comes with a base with articulated hands to support the robot. Still, I'd wish for a lower price point or less cheap-looking "special effects" parts.

Comment

Quick build of the day: Asra Ninja (Megami Device series, from Kotobukiya)

Comment

Damn you all. I've ordered the Ectotron GBxTF figure

Comment

Yes!

Oh, what's this?

It's a conversion of X-Transbots Boost to look like KITT.

Comment

I'd totally buy all the movie crossovers

Comment

Missed their was a comic coming as well

Comment

This is awesome but dear god that 76,000 yen pricetag. And that's it's discounted price on amazon J too not even a reseller marking it up that's the retail cost lol.

Comment

Had these preordered since january (bottom row first 4 on left), finally arrived from the states. Totally unofficial yet higher quality than any so called official licensed merchandise. Hand made by a talented lady in Russia then shipped over to the usa, was super relieved that the arrived with no damage to them as they are resin & super fragile. Wish i could have every character from gravity falls in figure form, the one western animated series that i absolutely love.

Comment

Sooooo you remember some pages ago we saw that there was going to be a Ghostbusters / Transformers Crossover in the form of a transformable Ecto-1??

Well it appears that that was just the tease to the main course & today shots have surfaced for the main dish itself...a Masterpiece MP10 Optimus Prime re-issue in full on Ghostbusters colours

He looks frankly amazing.

Comes complete with Trailer & Roller...who is recoloured as a Ghost Trap too

Even the packaging is something special...it's a blasted proton pack design

No details on final price but TFS-Express have him up for order with a £50 deposit...paid mine earlier lol

Definitely having this in the collection

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X