Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Got the TC-01 running via RF on an old LCD TV. It boots directly into a machine code environment

Machine code monitor as the opening greeting lol. You can get elite and Chuckie egg for it I think.

Comment

I’ve just got a load of manuals and some discs, I think the drive head needs cleaning Yie Ar Kung Fu already to play as well!

Spent an enjoyable evening studying all the manuals. Even the dos isn’t built in as such, each disk when formatted holds the dos in system sectors. I guess you could tweak your own or access directly from machine code.

Comment

I brought Leon home

Comment

Willingly?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            Willingly?
            (covers pebble's head with black hood and shoves him into carboot)

When Z gets here....the party will begin.

Comment

Got a pad extension lead for the Saturn, an extra 1.8m. I've got extensions on pretty much all my old machines now. With bigger modern displays you tend to sit naturally further back than you did with typically smaller CRTs and I was sick of all the wires being too short. Dunno why I didn't get wire extensions years ago, so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                Got a pad extension lead for the Saturn, an extra 1.8m. I've got extensions on pretty much all my old machines now. With bigger modern displays you tend to sit naturally further back than you did with typically smaller CRTs and I was sick of all the wires being too short. Dunno why I didn't get wire extensions years ago, so much better.
                Yup, they sure make for great cable management. You can’t see the ends because of that Bud bottle in the way, but I’ve got two of each MD and SNES controller cables nearly tied together to the left of the telly. Thinking of going one further and sticking multi-taps there.

Also got the audio outputs from each console going into a headphone switcher off eBay and the active speakers I got free from the Insight Technology Show in Old Billingsgate.

Love my setup, I do, although the missus didn’t like the mess I made chasing power sockets and cabling into the corner. Looks great now though!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                  Yup, they sure make for great cable management. You can’t see the ends because of that Bud bottle in the way, but I’ve got two of each MD and SNES controller cables nearly tied together to the left of the telly. Thinking of going one further and sticking multi-taps there.

Also got the audio outputs from each console going into a headphone switcher off eBay and the active speakers I got free from the Insight Technology Show in Old Billingsgate.

Love my setup, I do, although the missus didn’t like the mess I made chasing power sockets and cabling into the corner. Looks great now though!

Loved that Mega-CD

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Loved that Mega-CD
                    Jp model with region-free bios

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      Jp model with region-free bios
                      # Respect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        I brought Leon home

Comment

Comment

I spy a Konami compilation.

What's the 'Zip Stick' like?

Love that apparition of Einstein on the manual's cover.

Comment

Zip sticks are pretty awful. I had one for
                              My vic. The top button makes a cool metallic thud when you hit it though. It’s like it’s not a switch in there, just 2 large ball bearings coming together. Peebs can confirm I imagine (unless I’ve confused it with an almost identical looking stick).

I need two joysticks for my c64. I have a quickshot 2 and an original commodore one but both are awful, possibly broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Zip sticks are pretty awful. I had one for
                                My vic. The top button makes a cool metallic thud when you hit it though. It’s like it’s not a switch in there, just 2 large ball bearings coming together. Peebs can confirm I imagine (unless I’ve confused it with an almost identical looking stick).

I need two joysticks for my c64. I have a quickshot 2 and an original commodore one but both are awful, possibly broken.
                                It does make a thud lol. Sadly not many Tatung sticks out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X