No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These arrived yesterday. The SFC carts needed a good scrub down from smoke and grime. The top two I've cleaned up nicely, I'll do the other two tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Hehe nice one danstar you do realise though you are now going to be bombarded by people asking you to get them stuff lol.

Have a rob sat here with block & gyro sets but amusingly no famicom to use him on but even if i did i could never get him working as my tv is not a crt. I'm tempted to mod him into something usb related to use with my pc. I have enough robotics experience to use an arduino and make him directly be controllable. He's such an iconic thing i want to have him out of his box doing something.
      I know exactly what you mean. The games are total guff once you take ROB out of the equation; he deserves better use.

Have you seen that '8-bit Xmas' NES homebrew cartridge released in 2014? It makes ROB dance to Christmas music.

...I reckon you could probably do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        Just some odds and ends. The best F1 game ever created and Stranglehold (and yes, I do count this as retro now). I watched Hard Boiled and really wanted to play this. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere digitally.

I finally grabbed an Audigy 2 along with a midi connector which I probably won't attach to it tbh. I need to find/build a Y-split CD-ROM to sound card cable for this card and my Soundbaster. Bleem has been fun to mess around with although its interesting to note that even with games that are fully compatible, sound effects are music are off.

F1 was one of those games that I played quite a bit of the demo (on PS1), but never actually got the full game. I rented F1 97 at a later date though, and that was decent (although arcade mode with bouncy collisions and powersliding... no thanks).

Never tried Bleem, epsxe was my only PS1 emulation experience back in the day really. Thing was I could live with the odd graphical glitch, but broken/glitchy audio would always put me off using it. Having said that I've always found decent audio/soundtracks for games allow me to forgive a lot of other faults with them, so I guess that's indicative of my personal preferences.

Have fun with the Audigy 2, decent card. Should be able to find a suitable driver package on vogons drivers. Recently bought an Audigy 1 (which much like yours includes the gameport bracket that I'm unlikely to use). Not sure what you need the audio splitter for... using two soundcards in one setup? If your optical drive has both analog and digital outputs then you could use analog for the [guessing older] card, and spdif on the Audigy. Cables are redundant if you use WDM drivers, though VXD drivers are better performing it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
          F1 was one of those games that I played quite a bit of the demo (on PS1), but never actually got the full game. I rented F1 97 at a later date though, and that was decent (although arcade mode with bouncy collisions and powersliding... no thanks).

Never tried Bleem, epsxe was my only PS1 emulation experience back in the day really. Thing was I could live with the odd graphical glitch, but broken/glitchy audio would always put me off using it. Having said that I've always found decent audio/soundtracks for games allow me to forgive a lot of other faults with them, so I guess that's indicative of my personal preferences.

Have fun with the Audigy 2, decent card. Should be able to find a suitable driver package on vogons drivers. Recently bought an Audigy 1 (which much like yours includes the gameport bracket that I'm unlikely to use). Not sure what you need the audio splitter for... using two soundcards in one setup? If your optical drive has both analog and digital outputs then you could use analog for the [guessing older] card, and spdif on the Audigy. Cables are redundant if you use WDM drivers, though VXD drivers are better performing it seems.
          It's more for DOS CD games with my Soundblaster Pro. I am actually using the WDM drivers with the Audigy 2 (Windows 98 wouldn't detect the VXD drivers for some reason), I forgot you don't need the audio cable when using them. It's stable and the system's already overkill for late 90s gaming so it can handle the overhead.

Heading to vogondrivers for the install CD was the first thing I did. What a god send that site is

Next step is finding a low profile X-Fi card for my DDR PC. It's running Windows 10 but it'll be a good XP machine for those games that took advantage of sound acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            It's more for DOS CD games with my Soundblaster Pro. I am actually using the WDM drivers with the Audigy 2 (Windows 98 wouldn't detect the VXD drivers for some reason), I forgot you don't need the audio cable when using them. It's stable and the system's already overkill for late 90s gaming so it can handle the overhead.

Heading to vogondrivers for the install CD was the first thing I did. What a god send that site is

Next step is finding a low profile X-Fi card for my DDR PC. It's running Windows 10 but it'll be a good XP machine for those games that took advantage of sound acceleration.
            Yeah, that site is pretty invaluable as a reliable source for getting older hardware up and running. Would have struggled a bit without it, a lot of places are purging all their older software (Intel in particular as of late).

I have an Auzentech X-Fi Forte that I've not used in some time, which is a low profile card, but unfortunately I don't have the low profile bracket so it won't be of use to you. I'd guess you'd be limited to the XtremeGamer card (unless I've forgotten about some other low profile variants?).

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
              These arrived yesterday.
              Goemon 2 is awesome. Fatal Fury Special is an impressive port. Puyo Puyo 2 is a nice puzzler. Magical Quest 2 is a great looking platformer.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-11-2019, 01:34.

Comment

Couple of things picked up on my lunch break today. Indulged my fetish for translucent plastic by getting another cartridge thing for the Playstation, even though I already have a plain grey GAME HUNTER one. These really take me back to playing CD-Rs of Gran Turismo and Tenchu 2 back in the day, with a stick jammed in to press down the lid closed button because I'd lost the spring my action replay came with Got a free dodgy copy of Spiderman thrown in, so if it works I'm looking forward to checking out the 'What If?' cheat mode which I remember being absolutely ridiculous

Grabbed the Master System pad because it's in pretty good clean condition, and I realised it's the same 9 pin connector as the Mega Drive so I've finally checked out the Master System compatability of my Everdrive MD. Well, I had a go of Alex Kidd, lost the rock paper scissors and gave up. (Any unmissable game recommendations?)

Comment

Originally posted by Limitless View Post
                  (Any unmissable game recommendations?)
                  Wonder Boy III, Psycho Fox, Alien Syndrome, Enduro Racer, Castle of Illusion. The Sonic games are also good. I also have a soft for Hang-On, which still plays well.

Comment

Black Belt, Shinobi, Master Of Darkness, Action Fighter. The MS versions of Lemmings and R-Type are also great.

Comment

Aleste/Powerstrike and Powerstrike 2. Fantastic shmups from Compile. Also The Ninja, The Newzealand Story and the SG-1000 shmup Gulkave also by Compile.

Comment

Outrun, Fantasy Zone 1 and 2, Phantasy Star, Secret Command, Choplifter, Impossable Mission, California Games, Dynamite Dux, Castle of Illusion, Ghostbusters, My Hero, Golfamania (second best golf game after turf masters), Time Soldiers, Vigilante.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                          Master Of Darkness
                          An overlooked gem of a game

Comment

captain silver

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Outrun, Fantasy Zone 1 and 2, Phantasy Star, Secret Command, Choplifter, Impossable Mission, California Games, Dynamite Dux, Castle of Illusion, Ghostbusters, My Hero, Golfamania (second best golf game after turf masters), Time Soldiers, Vigilante.
                              Fab list. Golfamania and Time Soldiers are amazing. I'll also add WonderBoy (awesome port and the best in the series for me) PaperBoy, Master Of Combat

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Fab list. Golfamania and Time Soldiers are amazing. I'll also add WonderBoy (awesome port and the best in the series for me) PaperBoy, Master Of Combat
                                Stand and bang, Master System defence force!

*Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja Double Pose*

Comment

Working...
                                X