• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post

Managed to find this for £2.40.
    A classic game. Nice one.

Originally posted by importaku View Post

And this is after (with & without flash)

Looks much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      My quest for cheap (sub £5) PSP games continues.

My local CEX has a very poor selection of PSP games (unsurprisingly really), so I’m going to have to go further a field (L’pool) to see what I can find. In the interim, I’m scouring eBay for any bargains to be had.

Managed to find this for £2.40.

Bargain!!

Comment

My latest project, in need of repair - just ordered a replacement middle gear for the CD-ROM2 unit.

Already had the PCE and a System Card 2 - believe I can use a Turbo Everdrive as a System Card 3 so I can play more games.

Comment

Lovely! Do you have the lid too?

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
            My latest project, in need of repair - just ordered a replacement middle gear for the CD-ROM2 unit.

Already had the PCE and a System Card 2 - believe I can use a Turbo Everdrive as a System Card 3 so I can play more games.
            This is still the best looking version of the PC Engine to me. Just gorgeous.

Comment

Agreed, it’s a lovely looking setup.

Yup, got the lid for it, was grinning like a loon when I carried it from one room to another. Waiting for the middle gear to arrive and also an adapter cable so I can power the IFU unit.

Comment

My PC Engine case CD drive had the exact same gear issue. When I took the machine apart the original gear was all yellowed and brittle as hell. Most of it was in tinny bits inside the case. Its an ultra common problem with them. So common that a guy on Yahoo Auctions prints replacement gears from quality hard substance. I bought replacements two years back and haven't had a single days problem with the system since.
                Changing the gears was a little fiddly from what I remember due to a retaining washer but it is doable. I can't remember if my gear set came with a little tool to assist with the job or not.
                Last edited by Yakumo; 09-04-2019, 23:04.

Comment

That wireless controller is so good, I just need one for my NES & Saturn now

Sol-Feace has been fun so far and I love the artwork. Not tried Cobra Command yet.

Comment

Comment

Three classics. Isn’t there some theory that playing Tatsujin at 50Hz is closer to the speed of the arcade game?

Comment

No idea, never even seen the arcade game!

Comment

Just had a major paranoia moment, so I’ve been twaddling away with the Gamebit for the past half hour checking all these out…

And thankfully they’re all completely legitimate Especially good as the guy I purchased Ghost Chaser Densei from has a couple of Megadrive games I want too.

Comment

And at the opposite end of the spending spectrum I picked up this untested MD and pad combo for £15 off of eBay.

Not a thing wrong with either. Swapped the video over to 60Hz and swapped the crystal oscillator with an NTSC one (53.693175MHz) so it's basically just a US console right now. I'll grab an Mega EverDrive X7 down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                              Three excelent pick ups right there. Back in the day I could 1CC Thunder Force 3 on mania setting. These days I can't even 1CC it on easy. It sucks getting older.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                                And thankfully they’re all completely legitimate
                                All top games.

KiKi KaiKai 1 & 2 are excellent. Wild Guns is a great game. Magical Pop'n is a really nice platformer.

DoReMi Fantasy is such a charming hidden gem.
                                Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-04-2019, 09:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X