E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY gonna steamroll?

My my pal just told me about the PC master race or whatever you call it. Do I? Don’t I?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      SONY gonna steamroll?

My my pal just told me about the PC master race or whatever you call it. Do I? Don’t I?
      See how expensive you can make one!

Comment

Actually forgot about that, DoubleFine acquisition seems savvy.

Comment

As a mainly pc gamer the game pass is looking good, especially as I can play metro for £1! And phantasy star coming back to console could temp me back into console gaming.

Comment

Game Pass as a whole came off brilliantly today. The PC announcement, all those day one indies/middle tier stuff and a few more big hitters this month.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              See how expensive you can make one!
              £15,000 so far. Seems a bit overkill to me?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not even sure how you spend that much on a PC lol

Comment

Not even sure how you spend that much on a PC lol
                  My MacBook Pro was £13,000. I just go on Facebook with it.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Anyway, what are we looking at console-wise? Just faster or a big jump?
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      My MacBook Pro was £13,000. I just go on Facebook with it.
                      That's what happens when you ask Apple for a 8GB RAM upgrade.

Xen 2 is a pretty big leap over the Jaguar cores, but need more details really. We still don't know that much about AMD's Navi yet.

Also I think everyone has signed up for £1 Game Pass as the site has died.

Comment

I was only able to spec a MacBook Pro to half that on their website. Is it gold plated?

Comment

The Xbox show was a mixed bag for me. Game Pass came off very well indeed, SO much stuff announced for it. I love the look of Flight Simulator, 12 Minutes and Blair Witch Project too.

Information on the new Xbox was even more scant than I was expecting though. Anyone expecting a full reveal was fooling themselves, but as it stands what Sony showed of Spiderman running without load times feels more concrete than anything Microsoft showed today.

The big tentpole games were more than a little disappointing too. No gameplay for Gears 5's campaign, when it's out in 3 months? What we saw in the cinematic trailer didn't really wow me either, looks very much like an extension of 4 - an OK but not incredible game.

And as someone not steeped in series lore, the Halo Infinite trailer didn't resonate at all. It also didn't look particularly next gen, despite being annoounced as a launch game.

Forza Lego looks like a lot of fun though
                          Last edited by wakka; 09-06-2019, 22:07.

Comment

Flight Simulator making a return is a real nice surprise. Shame there was no Fable, maybe next year.

Comment

Those graphics look insane though. I remember thinking that Ridge Racer was photo-realistic.

I’m a console man. Always will be. Call me an elitist prick as much as you want, but this stuff looks incredible.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I was only able to spec a MacBook Pro to half that on their website. Is it gold plated?
                                Employee-only. I got it to almost £7,000 by myself. Hopefully the butterfly keyboard holds out.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X