Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In contrast, I watched John Wick 2 and saw him kill 128 people.

Can't wait for Chapter 3!

Comment

Comment

Film 4 kicked off their Shane Meadows Season last night with Once Upon a Time in the Midlands.

It continues tonight at 11.10pm with This Is England followed at 1.15am with The Stone Roses: Made of Stone

Then finally at 11:15pm tomorrow, one of my favourite movies of all time, Dead Man's Shoes.

All good films.

Comment

The Gold Rush - after A Woman Of Paris, Chaplin is back in front of the camera as well as behind it, and for all it's charms it's nice to be back in familiar territory. This is another one I watched for the very first time yet some of the set-pieces feel so iconic it's like I've seen them a thousand times before. Very funny (one of the supporting actors is equal parts terrifying and hilarious) and sad in places too, Chaplin as the outsider watching everyone else have all the fun. Good job it doesn't forget to be heartwarming too

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post

Then finally at 11:15pm tomorrow, one of my favourite movies of all time, Dead Man's Shoes.
            I've been meaning to rewatch that for a while, cheers!

Comment

I've rented A Simple Favo(u)r and Spider-verse on Amazon Prime for £1.99 each so what did I watch last night?

The Other Woman on Film4 in SD with adverts.

Yup, I'm weird.

Comment

Mission Impossible: Fallout - it was ok, I preferred Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation. A pity Jeremy Renner wasn't in it, I thought his character was pretty good.

Thought Cavill, was a good

Comment

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
                  Pff, okay but entirely predictable and just kind of there.

Comment

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
                    A funny one this one, I feel the back half is decent but the first half is very 'through the motions'. It's enjoyable enough but Warners does need to have a think about the series if they continue with them as the films are in real risk of running dry. This one doesn't really leave it open to a third so they're probably best thinking about how best to exploit different franchise interpretations of it.

Comment

John Wick - Maybe it's been hyped a bit too much in the time it's taken me to finally get round to seeing it but I was a bit let down by this one. I like an action-packed revenge film as much as the next guy, and I think Keanu is ace, but it just felt a bit flat and soulless.

Comment

I rewatched Dead Man's Shoes, which is a tremendous film.

Comment

The Circus - another day, another Chaplin film. I didn't connect with this one on quite the same level as some of the others but it's not without it's charms. The set-up, The Tramp accidentally becomes the star attraction of the travelling circus, lends itself to some great set-pieces and pure silent comedy. Something I really like about his films is it's never clear if he'll begin a new chapter at the end or end up right back where he started.

Comment

Quality Chimps all time top films:

Armageddon
                            Deep Impact
                            Meteor
                            The Day the Sky Exploded
                            Asteroid

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Quality Chimps all time top films:

Armageddon
                              Deep Impact
                              Meteor
                              The Day the Sky Exploded
                              Asteroid
                              The Incredible Bongo Band makes everything better!

Comment

Just finished A Simple Favo(u)r.

I love Anna Kendrick.
                                I love Blake Lively.
                                Paul Feig has a nice sense of style.

I enjoyed it very much!!

Comment

Working...
                                X