User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rime PS4, Xbox one, PC, Switch

First and foremost it looks lovely and i was hooked from the very first area, it owes a lot to the likes of ICO, and journey but feels a lot more fleshed out and with more mechanics than the previous too. The puzzles while not super difficult keep you ticking on and moving through the world, and are all so far pretty inventive and really nicely put together. It rewards you for not just sticking to the main path with all sorts of secrets and collectables, it and i'm loving it so far.

If you fancy an old school adventure game with some fantastic looking scenery and a compelling story and world then you owe yourself to get this. I'm surprised this was released at a budget price with little to no fan fair as its reviewed brilliantly and Sony really did drop the ball letting this go as an exclusive.

As for me so far I'm about 4 hours in and its captured my imagination a lot more than the Last guardian did, it has none of the control issues of that game and its world if far more vibrant and engaging, lizards climbing the walls seagulls perching on the cliffs and rocks, swishy grass and lovely sun bleached ruins make way to all sorts of other wonderfull locals. Wild pigs and other animals can be seen running around the islands, and even feature in some of the puzzles too, it gives it a real organic feel to the world. the style and love spent on this world really shows and your fox companion is great too though a little hand holdy at times.

I really do recommend it as it already feels like its been overlooked at retail, when i went into Game to pick it up it was hidden on the bottom shelf among there PS4 A-Z and not even put out as a new release, it feels like a real shame considering it was one of the main games shown off when the ps4 launched.

Last edited by Lebowski; 12-06-2017 at 11:13 AM.

It's a nice price on Switch despite the terrible release gap. I'm hoping August is a placeholder still but I imagine I'll be proven wrong.

It's a lovely game. Like a more gamey version of Journey

And it wacks you right in the feels at the end like all great games should.

finished this eve, playtime is over the course of a few evenings, not a long game but one with beautiful art direction and music. a world I want to revisit to collect all the secrets and hidden items. What a lovely journey this game was

Second play through incoming

Finally played my copy. It's pretty. It has a beautiful score. And it's dull to play. It's a blend of Ico, Journey and Zelda The Wind Waker but with all the good mechanics and fun stripped out. The camera and controls are so sluggish that playing it was a constant chore. It's a textbook modern game: pretty but boring. Straight on eBay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Finally played my copy. It's pretty. It has a beautiful score. And it's dull to play. It's a blend of Ico, Journey and Zelda The Wind Waker but with all the good mechanics and fun stripped out. The camera and controls are so sluggish that playing it was a constant chore. It's a textbook modern game: pretty but boring. Straight on eBay with it.
    I think all the drugs and zen mumbo jumbo has made you dead inside how could you be bored exploring such a beautiful world? did you even get past the first area?

I'm not sure how you can say all the good mechanics of these games have been stripped out? Ico is a game about clambering about ancient ruins and solving puzzles to progress! this follows the exact same template, Also have you played Journey recently? that is just a game about moving forward through a world with hardly anything to do, if anything there is far much more going on here.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 08-08-2017 at 03:48 PM.

I completed it, man, so I've seen the whole game. But doing so was a chore. I was relieved when it was over so I could put it to bed. With regards to when I last played Journey, I play it every few weeks. It's one of my favourite games and my go-to-game when very, very high.

At the end of the day I don't know why I don't like Rime. I love Ico and Journey and Zelda Wind Waker. Maybe it's because the camera and controls are so slow. Maybe not. I dunno. I'm not really into analysing why I like/dislike things. Vivisection never improves anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    I completed it, man, so I've seen the whole game. But doing so was a chore. I was relieved when it was over so I could put it to bed. With regards to when I last played Journey, I play it every few weeks. It's one of my favourite games and my go-to-game when very, very high.

At the end of the day I don't know why I don't like Rime. I love Ico and Journey and Zelda Wind Waker. Maybe it's because the camera and controls are so slow. Maybe not. I dunno. I'm not really into analysing why I like/dislike things. Vivisection never improves anything.
    Maybe its just one of them games, some reviewers loved it some hated it, i really enjoyed its sun bleached ruins and chilled atmosphere. also i really liked my little fox spirit guide.

I loved those things too, and genuinely can't fault the art and music (both of which are absolutely gorgeous) or the premise. It's the gameplay I struggled with and ultimately soured my enjoyment. But, yeah, I can see why plenty of people love the game. There's much to love.

Started this yesterday, I seem to be about 30% of the way through so it seems like it's going to be a breezy game to get through. Very simple visuals but that's the art styles benefit as it doesn't suffer from the rough and dated look that Team Ico games tend to have. It's very much Ico-Lite, similar game but with enemies and hand-holding stripped out which suits me fine as it instantly elevates it above Last Guardian which was rough as the mutts nuts. It's a nice, scenic little game, not one that's winning me over yet on a narrative sense as the story seems to barely exist but as effectively a simple platformer/walking sim its alright.