Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In their heads I mean. In their heads this was a way to make some sort of point. Maybe highlight their plight. I know Johnson and might and all the bankers will be fine. I don’t believe for a moment that it will achieve what they want but they were desperate. I can see why they did it.

Comment

Which is why they're going to be very disappointed when they find things haven't gotten any better

Comment

The Mail will just give them someone else to blame, probably people worse off than themselves while rich people get richer and richer.

Comment

Yup, for that portion of the public I don't think there was ever much expectation about thing getting better for themselves, I think it was more an attempt to scream out loud and bring everyone else down. It worked too.

Comment

Just snorted at the thread title change.

Comment

Corbyn continues to soften on 2nd Ref but still reluctantly

Comment

True to form Corbyn has now followed up his stronger support for a second referendum by saying it needn't have Remain on it as an option.

So no Remain, he doesn't support No Deal and despite what he thinks there is no renegotiation meaning his referendum would be between Mays Deal and... May's Deal. I swear, they need to get rid of this dead weight asap.

Comment

Have the recent elections shown him nothing? Sitting on the fence is killing him. They need to get him out and get someone in who can provide meaningful opposition. He had his chance long ago and he blew it.

Comment

Corbyn continues to flounce around the second referendum issue essentially taking the same fence sitting position on it that cost him the European Elections, he wants the support the stance would bring but without any commitment to one, saying if he was in power he still thinks he could renegotiate a deal rather than hold a vote

May also challenges her successor to scrap tuition fees and to bring back grants saying students shouldn't be burdened - this comes in the wake of a Tory report suggesting increasing repayment fees, lowering the pay threshold and expanding the pay period from 30 years to 40 years.

Comment

Got to love the cover of the latest Private Eye: https://www.private-eye.co.uk/current-issue

Now that I see it laid out nice and simple like that, it's actually making me think that Corbyn has been pretty good opposition as he has managed to get pretty much exactly an equal result for his side too.

Comment

I saw that cover in Sainsbury’s. It’s very eye-catching.

Labour has screwed this EU thing up. They are running scared of what some of their core voters believe. That’s why they’ve tried to be vague and conciliatory. Both main parties are terrified of being too decisive, whereas smaller parties can afford to take a polarised stance. Had Labour tied its colours to revoking Article 50, or calling another referendum, then its net gains in the polls may have been smashed by its net gains. As it happens, they’ve lost a lot of their remain/leave voters anyway, who wanted to make a decisive statement in the election.

It must be a horrible time to be the leader of a main party. Whatever you do, you risk losing an awful lot of votes.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          It must be a horrible time to be the leader of a main party. Whatever you do, you risk losing an awful lot of votes.
                          Not enough to push for electoral reform though. ****'em.

Comment

I don’t follow?

Comment

Thread crossover special edition as Trump arrives in the UK and immediately boosts Sadiq Khan's popularity by calling him names.

Meanwhile UKIP loses another leader. They should just shut up shop and transfer to Brexit Party, it's literally just a rebrand after all.

The Tory leadership contest is coming under fire as 13 candidates have now raised their hands exposing just how delusional and self serving they are in the face of Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                                I don’t follow?
                                It's just the idea that politics in general could be more agile if we pushed for electoral reform; if politicians really cared about the people instead of party politics, they would push for this. I kinda don't mind that it's a "horrible time to be a leader of a main party" when the main political bodies stubbornly refuse to consider this option.

Comment

Working...
                                X