Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Here's the website for the japanese one
    1988年に誕生した、セガ5番目の家庭用テレビゲーム機「メガドライブ」。そのメガドライブの発売から約30年を記念して、当時の思い出を凝縮し、手のひらサイズで再現した、セガがおくる新しいゲームマシン「メガドライブミニ」の登場です。

Think i'll be going for the single pad set as it has a nicer box lol, love the jpn md logo

although the double pack is still pretty nice

The game selection interface looks great too

please let this be hackable
    I’m with you provided that you can buy an extra controller separately. 6B controllers with Rev. 1 hardware just doesn’t work on boxart.

It’s got to be hackable surely. Time will tell I suppose, but I’ve now negated buying an Analogue Nt and Sg just on this news.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I wonder if the selection of games will be so different across regions as to be the reason for bundling 3-button / 6-button controllers accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
        I wonder if the selection of games will be so different across regions as to be the reason for bundling 3-button / 6-button controllers accordingly.
        Nope. Already a sellout in the west. Comic Zone is better with 6B.

I’ll be going for JPN natch, but it reminds me of BITD for once when Japan has the better option.
        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 31-03-2019, 10:44.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Hopefully 8BitDo bring out a receiver so you can use the M30 or whatever the equivalent is by then.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Nope. Already a sellout in the west. Comic Zone is better with 6B.

I’lol be going for JPN natch, but it reminds me of BITD for once when Japan has the better option.
            SEGA is really going for authenticity, then.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Well so far that first portion of the Japanese selection isn’t too bad but I’m hoping it will be hackable as I want all the wonderboy games on there and magical flying hat as that’s my most loved md game out of everything.
              Apart from Vampire Killer its not much we haven't seen before. I like to see titles like Wonderboy IV, Gleylancer, Gynoug, Star Flight, Buck Rogers, Sub Terrania . Some of the MD best titles that not a lot of people will have played

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Apart from Vampire Killer its not much we haven't seen before. I like to see titles like Wonderboy IV, Gleylancer, Gynoug, Star Flight, Buck Rogers, Sub Terrania . Some of the MD best titles that not a lot of people will have played
                Do you mean Monster World IV? Shame that it's only available in English on PS3/360
                Last edited by Nico87; 31-03-2019, 11:40.

Comment

The Japanese MD mini site states 480 and 720p outputs with no mention of 1080p. Makes me wonder what level of hardware is inside this? My C64 mini only does up to 720p but it still looks pretty decent on a 1080 panel. I suppose it didn’t affect SFC mini sales.

This may be wishful thinking on my part but I would to see Sega licence Wolfenstein 3d from Bethesda and include gasega68k’s incredible MD port.

Last edited by CMcK; 31-03-2019, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    The Japanese MD mini site states 480 and 720p outputs with no mention of 1080p.
                    I guess it's because old 240p games scale to 480 and 720p perfectly. You get some visual anomalies with 1080p. I guess a low resolution will also make sure performance is fine.

I use my Framemeister at 720p and it looks great.

Comment

I doubt there will be many games on here that haven't featured in the Megadrive Collections for PS2, PS3, PS4, Switch and PSP. So unless it's hackable, I don't think I'll bother with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        The design of the console looks really good, so if it turns out to be a decent piece of kit, I'll try to grab a Japanese version. Fingers crossed.
                        I will do you a swap for a PAL one.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                          I will do you a swap for a PAL one.

Comment

I'm pretty keen on this, given the news.

While some will say the 3-button-pad thing in the west is a shame, personally I'm happy with it. I had a 3-button pad for my Megadrive from the moment I got it until the moment I sold it in the run-up to the release of the Saturn, and that was fine for the games I wanted to play. Additionally, it'll be a bit nostalgic playing Street Fighter II CE on a 3-button pad, using the Start button to swap between punches and kicks That being said, I'm aware that this is going to be a bit of a problem for those of you who were used to the 6-button pad.

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                            I doubt there will be many games on here that haven't featured in the Megadrive Collections for PS2, PS3, PS4, Switch and PSP. So unless it's hackable, I don't think I'll bother with this.
                            Yeah, Sega will hopefully consider this as they announce more games. The SNES Mini is still one of the better examples of this, as it had a game on it that never officially came out, a game which never came out here in the UK, and several games which did come out here but were rare as rocking-horse ****, even back in the 90s. We could debate the choice of games (I mean, we did, for pages) but no-one could dispute that they'd at least put thought into it. Conversely, the PSMini was totally the other way; we couldn't understand their choice of games at all, and generally came to the conclusion that they were left with a bunch of also-rans after failing to clear licensing for some reason.

I hope it has Alien Soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I hope it has Alien Soldier.
                              And Contra: Hard Corps.

Also, a Mega Drive Mini should have quite a few shooters -- seeing the machine has loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                And Contra: Hard Corps.

Also, a Mega Drive Mini should have quite a few shooters -- seeing the machine has loads.
                                I suspect it'll have Zero Wing, due to its notability irrespective of the quality of the game itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X