Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    I’m up against Shinobi Owl.
    Is that a shinobi named Owl or a owl with shinobi as a profession? Because if it's the latter, this game would be the raddest.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      Is that a shinobi named Owl or a owl with shinobi as a profession? Because if it's the latter, this game would be the raddest.
      The former sadly. The protagonist is Shinobi Wolf.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        I’m up against Shinobi Owl. I assume that he is the last story boss as I made a choice to fight him. I’m going to farm and come back to him later I think. “Emma’s Medicine: Aroma” and “Flowing Water” will definitely help against him.

The trophy you’re missing is “Master of the Arts”. Save up for Shadowrush basically.
        Ah, right, yea, he’s tough.
        Don’t have any good strategies for him unfortunately. His moves cut through you and don’t really give you any kind of advantage on parrying them.

Only guaranteed opening I found was when he throws 2 shurikens and does a jumping attack, you side step this and can get a charged R1 on him.

Only other tip I have is when he kicks you, you go into a stagger state so you need to re-press block to block the next attack or you’ll remain in the stagger.

Definitely a slow fight this one.

After this you get the items to move to the last area.

Also, it’s worth re-visiting places...

I noticed an idol in one of the areas I’d been to had greyed out and when I revisited the area things had changed and another boss had turned up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
          Ah, right, yea, he’s tough.
          Don’t have any good strategies for him unfortunately. His moves cut through you and don’t really give you any kind of advantage on parrying them.

Only guaranteed opening I found was when he throws 2 shurikens and does a jumping attack, you side step this and can get a charged R1 on him.

Only other tip I have is when he kicks you, you go into a stagger state so you need to re-press block to block the next attack or you’ll remain in the stagger.

Definitely a slow fight this one.

After this you get the items to move to the last area.

Also, it’s worth re-visiting places...

I noticed an idol in one of the areas I’d been to had greyed out and when I revisited the area things had changed and another boss had turned up!!
          I worked out the R1 thing. It’s probably the biggest damage window against him. I go with Mortal Draw as you get a chance for two hits. You can get a hit in when he drops his status bomb too. I’ll get there eventually.

There are a few bosses that turn up if you revisit areas. I’m quite sure that I’ve done everything that I possibly can so far though. It’s Owl or nothing now.

Also, if you need to do any farming, I’ve found the best place to be Ashina Castle: Upper Tower - Antechamber. If you return to there once Ashina Castle is greyed out, you can get major Exp and Sen in a relatively short time. It’s actually quite fun, and you don’t even need to do any fighting. Basically equip the Puppeteer Ninjitsu, get the first guy and then the one-armed guy on your side, then the Samurai in the back room and then sit back and watch all hell break loose. When your Spirit Emblems restock, you can either go up to the Dojo and get another one-armed guy; or go down towards the Old Grave and get another one-armed guy (before he starts fighting the twirly fire blade guy). Finally return to the main area and there are two guys and a final one-armed guy in the side room.

The whole thing takes about five minutes, but you end up with around 2000 Exp and 500 Sen per run.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 31-03-2019, 16:11.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Another tip I saw on a Vaati video was to leave all money on the ground and once you’ve cleaned out a whole area, pop a Mabu balloon for boosting Sen and then hoover it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
              Another tip I saw on a Vaati video was to leave all money on the ground and once you’ve cleaned out a whole area, pop a Mabu balloon for boosting Sen and then hoover it all up.
              I never thought of that. Good plan as it goes.

Anyway, after farming for those two extra skills, I went back and took out Owl on my first attempt. I was just too resilient to his attacks for him to bother me and when you heal now, you get almost a full bar each time. One of the easiest bosses in the game if you’re set up correctly.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Struggling against the damned dirty ape. Firecrackers mean I can get to stage two maybe 30% of the time, but he’s a pain in the arse with his terror attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  Struggling against the damned dirty ape. Firecrackers mean I can get to stage two maybe 30% of the time, but he’s a pain in the arse with his terror attacks.
                  Hold run the entire time. Keep him at medium distance. He has a wind up before he does the AOE attack. If you can’t see it, just run backwards after your fourth hit for safety. You want to wait for him to do the forward dive. Jump over the sword and you can get up to five hits in. You can also get about five hits in when he does his tantrum rolling thing. Either get in front of his head or his balls and smack him hard.

When he he does the overhead smash, Deflect it and it will stun him. You can do massive damage to him then. Five hits max though. Four for safety.

If he does the jumping red kanji attack just run backwards. It has unfair range and priority.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So the real, actual last boss is two guys with four bars between them. I had a little try, but I’m not ready. However, I’m not sure that any extra skills can help here.

This is practice upon practice.

Can I farm for something to make it easier? Likely not. I perhaps should have taken the easy way out earlier.

Fear not though. I’m fully equipped to absolutely DESTROY this encounter, I just have to learn how to do it.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh really, I’m not a fan of multi-boss fights.
                      Makes things 10 times more drawn out as you have to wait for an opportunity where one has left themselves open AND the other isn’t attacking.

Smough & Ornstein, melee only, used to take like 20 mins a shot!

J0e, did you get the Demon boss in the Castle outskirts? I read that he is optional boss at the end and it’s possible to miss him.
                      Getting to him was the last thing I did yesterday.

Comment

Lone Shadow Longswordsman almost made me snap my pad last night. He's not that difficult as an actual enemy so much so i almost got him first time. Whats is tricky about this fight is how the camera is constantly fighting you as your fighting him. The area you fight him in gives you zero ability to take a breather as hes constantly on you, so healing is really risky affair. it's the gaming equivalent of a trying to fight a boss in the Small box room of your house. he''s pretty easy to parry and counter if you can keep your lock on but because of the small space the camera spins widely around or gets stuck. Up until this fight every death felt fair but getting two hit because the camera flips out on you was just not funny.

rant over

Comment

Is that the one in the underground pit? If so, try the combat art

Ichimonji

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                            Is that the one in the underground pit? If so, try the combat art

Ichimonji
                            Yeah i beat him by making sure i stayed away from the fog wall as it completely obscures your view and countering absolutely everything he throws at you. you can even stomp the lunge with a forward and circle and that takes a massive amount of posture off him. i was just surprised by how broken this encounter was after everything else being pretty solidly done.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 03-04-2019, 07:43.

Comment

Finished it today. Loved it.
                              Loved the last boss too. He’s overwhelming st first but like s lot of the bosses, once you figure things out you can do whole phases without taking a hit.

Comment

I’m still getting to grips with him. His first stage is the most difficult I find. The second and third, he leaves himself open to damage with the leaping attack. Sometimes even Genichiro takes me out too.

More practice until I get it.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X