User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HD seems so much better that Wipeout 2048 to me, so much, also this and Injustice 2 are really the only 2 games ive played in 4k and HDR that's look so different to 1080P , so sharp and bright. the others not so much may Horizon apart.

Yeah, I prefer HD and Fury too and think they look much cleaner than 2048 with it's relatively messy track design and odd colour palette. Not surprising, I guess, given it's a Vita game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Yeah, I prefer HD and Fury too and think they look much cleaner than 2048 with it's relatively messy track design and odd colour palette. Not surprising, I guess, given it's a Vita game.
    Yeah; although 2048 is fun in its own way, design-wise it was a bit problematic.

They went with trying to create a middleground between WipEout's future setting and contemporary environments, but as WipEout is famous for its futuristic, smooth locations, that meant the backdrops in 2048 needed to be grittier, with detailed buildings and more realistic LED-style signage.

This meant that the visuals became "busier", which was doubly troubling because the game was designed for a smaller screen.

The ideal Vita game in the franchise would be something that focuses primarily on the "Zone" mode, and stuff like that, with more stylised visuals that get the best out of the small screen.

Interesting. I certainly can't imagine playing it well in A class (Phantom mode equivalent speed) on a tiny VIta screen.

I'm having a love affair with this game and have been listening to the soundtrack on Spotify. It's an absolute classic and I adore the track Double Edge - GeRM Remix.

There's a brief interview with the sound designer Loic Couthier, about the lengths him and his team went to for the music and audio. Loved that he revisited every soundtrack and SFX from the entire series to see what worked!

http://www.develop-online.net/interv...ection/0232822

Quote Originally Posted by dazza_cole View Post
    Zone mode in VR. Make it happen Sony!!!
    That'd be awesome - though I think it's why that game "Thumper" exists.

Elite passing the 2048 campaign is proving a right swine. Was a time I believed I was alright at Wipeout, but 2048 has run a sword through that little illusion. In fact, I can't even pass some 2048 trials, let alone elite pass them. Besides my want of ability, my only other thorn is the small online community. The game's only a week or two old, on a system that's sold... what, twenty million units? But I've not seen more than ten lobbies at any one time. And it can take a very long time indeed for lobbies to fill. Strange.
    Last edited by Zen Monkey; 21-06-2017 at 09:55 AM.