No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizzy Caplan is set to play Annie Wilkes, the nurse from Stephen King’s “Misery” whom Kathy Bates played in the 1990s film, for the upcoming second season of Hulu’s “Castle Rock”. Garrett Hedlund, Tim Robbins, Elsie Fisher, Barkhad Abdi, Yusra Warsama and Matthew Alan have also joined the cast. The self-contained second season of the […]

Hulu's Castle Rock has added Lizzy Caplin and Tim Robbins to its cast for Season 2, the link describes the synopsis which clarifies it won't follow on from the thread the first season left which would have seen it sequalise the events of The Shining

Comment

British actor Sam Strike (“Nightflyers,” “Leatherface”) has been cast as Roland Deschain the Gunslinger, and Finnish actor Jasper Paakkonen (“BlacKKKlansman,” “Vikings”) is the Man in Black in “The Dark Tower” TV series for Amazon. The Media Rights Capital-produced series was initially going to tie in with the 2017 film adaptation starring Idris Elba as Roland […]

Amazon have cast Sam Strike as Roland in their adaptation of The Dark Tower

The series will no longer connect to the failed Idris Elba movie and will instead aim to more faithfully adapt the books

Comment

Apple is to announce its streaming service today as it goes about seeking how to better monetise users amidst falling phone sales. The link contains 22 projects they're working on for the service. I'll need trailers as they largely sound dull from the descriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          as it goes about seeking how to better monetise users amidst falling phone sales.
          Insert gif of Woody crying into his money only the actual amount of money exceeds the amount of dollars shown if every instance of that gif being used ever worldwide was counted.

I kind of feel like anyone who is making a fraction of what Apple make and could make even if their profits were slashed to bits should be happy with that. Without wishing to derail the entire thread, the idea that this wouldn't be good enough feels like it's largely what's wrong with big chunks of our modern world. Not having a go at you - instead this is aimed widely at unchecked capitalism*

*who clearly also reads this thread.

Comment

It was being discussed on the radio this morning and, like you said, it just screams of everything that's wrong with the way businesses operate. The idea that a company earning say $100m every year is a bad thing is insane. The concept of earnings rising and falling isn't bad either due to demand changes but instead it's the $100m>$200>etc till collapse model which is madness.

Comment

Yep. It's the idea of endless growth. But when you have sold an iPhone to literally every single person on the planet who will buy one, of course you're going to see a slowdown.

Comment

Does anyone have Disney Life? Seems like it isn't well known. Have a baby and it seems like a good investment, but there is very little information online and you can't browse without signing up.

Found this https://www.justwatch.com/uk/provider/disneylife
                Last edited by cutmymilk; 25-03-2019, 14:50.

Comment

So Apple enter the arena... well, they announce they will enter the arena in the Autumn which is very unlike them to put so much distance between an announcement and the launch. So I'm guessing the announcement was really for the shareholders more than the public. Lots of subscriptions, not a lot of details. I know the subscription model is working great for companies but I still maintain that a household will only sustain so many and so the model isn't going to work for everyone. Sometimes it's easier to get people to make many of what they perceive as a one-off purchase than it is to have them consider what that costs them for an entire 12 months. Like, if people saw a Mars bar subscription that cost €200 a year, I'm guessing they'd not go for it and would probably cut back on their Mars bars. When you turn a product into an ongoing service, you draw attention to its larger cost.

Comment

I saw the line up and wasn't impressed, I'd never have pegged Amazon as a content maker of shows etc so Apple may do great but considering the scale of the competition their opening salvo doesn't seem very compelling

I think the thing that showed the most of their mindset was the Apple Credit Card

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      I'd never have pegged Amazon as a content maker of shows
                      I would be very surprised if Amazon's shows were doing much except costing them money at the moment. It's just a bonus to a shipping company, like the way a random insurance company will give away a tablet if you sign up to them, but on a much larger scale. I suspect their shows are somone's vanity project. And it could end up being the same for Apple.

Comment

The DC Universe streaming service just held their WonderCon panel this evening where they made several announcements, along with revealing the first look at Brec Bassinger as the title character in the “Stargirl” series which will debut early next year. “Stargirl” centers on high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore (Bassinger), who inspires an unlikely group of […]

The DCU Service line up has been revealed:

-Swamp Thing Season 01 will launch on 31 May 2019
                        -Titans Season 02 will launch later this year
                        -Harley Quinn: Animated Season 01 will launch later this year
                        -Stargirl Season 01 will launch early 2020

First image from Stargirl

Comment

Netflix blatant Quiet Place rip-off The Silence will arrive on 10 May 2019

In a surprise release, Netflix has not only picked up the Blumhouse Productions horror film “Mercy Black” but they’ve launched it on their streaming service today. Fifteen years after stabbing a classmate to conjure an imaginary phantom known as Mercy Black, Marina Hess (Daniella Pineda) is leaving psychiatric care and coming home. In that time […]

Whilst they've also surprise released the horror film Mercury Black

Comment

Yeah, this was a weird event. I’m not really impressed by what they’ve shown so far. This feels like a totally Wall Street driven decision rather than one driven by inspiration or creativity. What’s unusual about it for me is that they don’t seem to have told us a single way it will be different to what’s already out there. It’s unashamedly ‘me too’, which is incredibly dull.

The most interesting product from the event is honestly the credit card. 2% back on everything spent via Apple Pay is pretty good really, particularly if you already do a lot of your spending via the service. And the numberless physical card is the ‘Apple’ piece of hardware they’ve released in quite some time.

Comment

Actor Curran Walters has been upped to a series regular for the second season of the DC Universe & Netflix series “Titans” reports The Geeks WorldWide. Walters guest starred in the first season as Jason Todd, the new guy wearing the mantle of Robin in the wake of the departure of Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) […]

Titans: Season 02 has upped Jason Todd to a series regular

Comment

Trailer for Youtube's Cobra Kai: Season 2

Comment

Working...
                                X