Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May has lost on the Business Motion vote yet again meaning MPs remain unswayed and Indicative Voting proceeds

8 out 16 amendments will be voted on
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-03-2019, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      That should be on his tombstone:
      "I didn't think this referendum through..."

He'll be 200 when he pegs out going by that tombstone!

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
        He'll be 200 when he pegs out going by that tombstone!
        Ha, I did that on purpose as I made it.
        At first I was going to put next year, but that sounds a little bit like a threat, then I pictured him with some Etonian connections and he carries on to 200 as a head in a jar.

Comment

So none of the proposals fulfil the promises made. Though this is mostly because what was promised was impossible to fulfil.

Comment

One of the yes boxes should be green.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              One of the yes boxes should be green.
              I don't think that's the biggest issue depicted on that chart.

Comment

So May will step down if MPs support her deal, which is strange, because May being PM isn't the problem with the WA and won't change the WA if it happens.

However, it means if it happens that Johnson will more than likely become PM and if you thought things had gone badly so far, they'll get far worse with Boris in charge.

Comment

How does her stepping down suddenly make the deal nobody has liked so far more palatable?

Comment

This is what I don’t get. The only reason you could argue she should step down is for pushing this deal nobody wants. That’s the exact reason not to support the deal.

Comment

Anyone who changes stance on the deal due to her resignation will expose their real colours for the last time. It's a cheap move that changes nothing and will be a footnote in events done by a woman with nothing else left to give. Ergo Boris has already fallen. Disgusting

Comment

Social media is getting scary. People saying unless Brexit happens they are going to stop paying taxes. Although PAYE might make that a little tricky...

But anyway. Whichever way things turn out, I wonder how long it will take for people to stop being fractured. How long will the "told you so" go on.

Comment

People say a lot of things online! Rarely does it carry over into the real world. Cameron has divided the nation though. Congratulations you massive bellend.

Comment

Well the indicative votes were a waste of time.

Comment

Complete waste, not a single one of them had a majority.

May got 242 votes last time, so

Ken Clarke’s - Customs union 264
                              and Dame Margaret Beckett’s - Confirmatory public vote 268

Are the only ones higher and then only marginally so.

They should have done the voting with STV
                              Last edited by MartyG; 27-03-2019, 21:52.

Comment

This kind of thing should have been done from the start. Then you can begin putting together the ideas that hold the higher votes and build an actual plan. This late in the day just seems pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X