No announcement yet.

Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna call them up before I pay the bill and ask them to specify what that charge actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      I’m also using a 55” 4K TV. The Mega Drive outputs 240p so setting the SG for 720p means line tripling then a further 3 times scale provided by the TV. 240 to 1080 isn’t a neat integer scale it’s a 4.5x scale.
      Hows it look and play on a 4k set?

Comment

It’s glorious. My television is a few years old so the input lag isn’t quite as low as later models but at 30 odd ms it’s fine.
        Probably best not to sit too close though. These are low resolution games designed for much smaller screens. That much movement isn’t for everyone.
        The contrast, vibrant colours and sheer clarity are a treat.

Comment

Nice. I need to get a 4K set but was wondering if I should leave the older stuff on my 1080p set.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
            Nice. I need to get a 4K .
            When I upgrade my 1080p screen, it will be for a 4K OLED. I think the deep blacks of OLED will make retro stuff look extra nice -- with the graphics popping off the screen. But I've heard that OLED screens aren't great for gaming. So I hope that can be improved over the next few years.

Comment

Finally got to actually using mine today, and really impressed with it. I've not gonna too hard into the settings, but I love its design, and as something I've been able to plug into my bedroom TV and chuck carts into, it's great! Looks and sounds way better than I'd have expected. The M30 pads are a wonderful match for it too.

Comment

Yep, the Sg is so, so good. If they make a PC Engine one next I'll cry. Doubt it though as I don't know how popular it is. Would die for a 3.5m port on the Super NT. Would buy one in a heartbeat. I know I can buy an audio breakout thingy but still.

Comment

I think Analogue will do a Neo Geo next. It has the prestige and is better known worldwide. Plus they already have a 68000 core and replicated a similar FM chip in the SG.
                  I think when go for the PCE it’ll have to be a full Super Grafx plus Arcade card setup. You can’t really do the PCE justice without CD-ROM support so some form of ODE will be required. Is there enough space on the FPGA they use at present for all of that?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    I think Analogue will do a Neo Geo next. It has the prestige and is better known worldwide. Plus they already have a 68000 core and replicated a similar FM chip in the SG.
                    This has been my exact thinking regarding their next system. It’d be awesome if such a beast had dual slots for both AES and MVS carts.

Comment

Yeah, Neo Geo would make sense. Used to have a consolized MVS but the NG has way too many of my second least favorite genre behind racing games: fighting games. Metal Slug is great but available basically everywhere.

Comment

And be hacked to play games from the SD card..

Comment

Yeah everdrives for neo cost loads

Comment

I'm considering getting the Mega EverDrive X7 for my Sg. I think I need save states in my life. Last night night I was 80% done with Ristar and kid woke up Same with Rocket Knight Adventures the other day.

Comment

I'd really love Analogue to do a duel AES/MVS FPGA system...but I just don't see it due to it being such a Niche system, cost to return wouldn't be too good unless the price was through the roof

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                                . I think I need save states in my life.
                                That's the feature that convinced me to spend more. I wish all Everdrives had a 'save state' option.

Comment

Working...
                                X