Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really good. Astounding, tbh. I can't get my head around how good the current gen consoles look, even my lowly XB1. Consistently astounds me in many little ways.

Currently on Symphony of the Night. Am onto the inverted castle and I'm glad of more level grinding but I remember playing this the last time back in late '97 thinking this inverted part was weeeeeak and unmemorable. But I'm glad of more game so I won't complain.

And it has more choonz!!! I've truly developed a better appreciation for the tuneage of this game.

**FLAWLESS VICTORY***

Even though it's like 22yrs since I last proper played it, the subconscious has remembered my routes thru the first castle so it hasn't been a hassle.

Anyhow. Inverted castle it is. Don't like the upside-down-ness but I can't wait to jazz it up with my Alucard tomoz, I got the Joseph cloak so I can change the inner/outer colours of me cloak and this *really* makes this game a beautiful thing to behold.

(still find the nonchalant Technicolor Dreamcoat reference quite cool and amusing)

Comment

I lie.

It's NOT weeeeeak.

It's amazing because I want MORE MORE MORE.

MORE of a brilliant thing. The purest digital crack.

Comment

How do you access the inverted castle? I've finished SOTN a few times but never figured it out.

Comment

You have to equip the Holy Glasses when fighting Richter then attack the thing that isn't Richter. And when you beat that, voila. And it took me about half an hour to realise you can press/hold Up at the point you beamed in to beam back down to the uninverted castle.

I used too many words there but that's the method!

Comment

Making good progress through Gears of War 4. I'm currently at Chapter 4, Act 3. I haven't played that many new games this generation but it truly is gorgeous. I'd love to play an RPG in this setting.

I'm not a fan of the tower defense type stuff though. The AI is too dumb for one. I was hunkered down during the last one heading to the bottom of the mines but my teammates kept running outside and getting hurt. I was untouchable in that room with my turrets.

I didn't realise achievements were still intergrated with newer games as well. It's quite cool seeing my old friendslist pop up and very slick.

Comment

It's beautiful, innit. I've been playing through the Gears recently and I've especially felt with GoW Ultimate and Gears 4, they have an impressive graphical infrastructure that's just begging to be explored...

...what I was thinking is the debt this series owes to Resi 4...except it strips all the adventuriness and tinkering out.

What I'm basically trying to say is that Gears should become Gearsident Evil. But better and bigger and ballsier.

Imagine crossing Gears with Resi 4/5. Imagine.

Or some spin-off. GoW4 already reminds me heavily of Dead Space 2...which is basically a reskinned Resi 4/5.

Anyway, listen to me.

It'll be goooooooooood.

Comment

I'm still hammering Another Eden on my phone and Battlefield V on my PS4. Also been checking out Gods Unchained on pc. I'm officially ****house at card battle games.

Comment

MGSV: The Phantom Pain

I bought this on sale for the PS3 a few years ago but it was a horrible mess and made me realise I needed to stop living in the past and get a PS4.

So I did.

And MGSVPPPP was on sale recently so I bought it. I played Ground Zeroes again and then moved on to the main event.

I've just finished the hospital bit and am in Afghanistan, ready to jihad some sheep.

Comment

-GRID
                    -Contra: Rogue Ops
                    -Monkey Hero King

Seeing if I settle with them atm

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      -GRID
                      -Contra: Rogue Ops
                      -Monkey Hero King

Seeing if I settle with them atm
                      How do you rate the contra?

Comment

After playing all the Metroids (see thread in the Retro section) and the lovely Link's Awakening, I am now being forced by my kids to play Undertale. Still very early on in it but it's quirky and fun so far.

As they will only let me play it while they watch, I have also started Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. I missed this back in the day after total FF burnout but it always had one of my favourite soundtracks so I always meant to go back and play it. So far, I'm finding the combat a bit weird and I don't really like that yet, but maybe I'll get used to it. But the world and the feel is amazing. There is a layer of polish over the game but its PS2 roots are still apparent and yet not in any way a negative. It's really very beautiful and it's already presenting a very immersive world. The character faces are a little smudgy and strange but, otherwise, it looks lovely. It is a world I want to spend time in so I'm hoping it will keep my interest.

Comment

Despite telling myself I won't rinse Arkham Knight, I'm finding myself doing just that, up to the point where I have to progress the plot to unlock extra bits.

Got some sweet upgrades and it's making the game a lot more fun.
                          I'm still doing the odd circuit of beating up the firemen kidnappers, but still confused how some will let me use the multi-takedown (from way up high) and others won't (practically standing on their heads).

Comment

Finished Diablo 3 and Necromancer DLC (Eternal Collection). Dumbest genre I've ever encountered, this ARPG loot-em-up or whatever it is. Set it on expert and every enemy and boss spontaneously exploded in a shower of loot at the merest touch of a button. Plot was 100% atrocious from top to bottom, including voice acting, script and world lore. Even so I strangely enjoyed it. If you fancy playing a game that's about as much effort as TV and watch masses of critters die in attractive fantasy dioramas, it's alright.
                            Last edited by Golgo; 22-10-2019, 15:15.

Comment

I've been playing two things.

1) Hitman - Season One

I started playing this after Observer left Game Pass. It's a lot of fun. Ostensibly a game about killing, really a game about solving abstracted puzzles, there's tremendous scope for varying your approach to completing the objective. Each level is like an intricate box of moving parts, with you as the variable. Very clever!

At the moment I'm just following the 'Opportunities', which are set methods of completing the level which the game provides to you. But I'd really like to start experimenting with going my own way.

Also, this game is heavy on the disguises. You disguise yourself all the time. Really, that is so underused in gaming. The last game I can remember disguising myself in was MGS 3.

2) CoD Mobile

Slightly shameful, this, especially as I've got Apple Arcade at the moment which has actual, proper games in it, not designed around a Skinner Box.

But - it's actually really well made! This particular effort is made by Tencent's Shanghai studio, and they've done a great job of nailing the CoD feel on mobile. It runs beautifully at 60fps, and it controls surprisingly well. It's a grab bag of fan-favourite levels from over the years - I'm far from a CoD expert, having only played the very first game, Modern Warfare 1, and Black Ops 1*, but there are lots of levels I remember in here.

So far, I've not hit the classic F2P brick wall where you're up against people who've sunk loads of cash and can't proceed without doing the same. So, it's a lot of fun. It's exactly what I wanted Black Ops Declassified on Vita to be, something that enabled me to do a quick couple of deathmatches on the bus or while waiting for a mate in the pub. That game was an abomination, but this one, I must say, is very nicely put together.

*oh, and Black Ops 3 through in couch coop over a weekend, but that was rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                Finished Diablo 3 and Necromancer DLC (Eternal Collection). Dumbest genre I've ever encountered, this ARPG loot-em-up or whatever it is. Set it on expert and every enemy and boss spontaneously exploded in a shower of loot at the merest touch of a button. Plot was 100% atrocious from top to bottom, including voice acting, script and world lore. Even so I strangely enjoyed it. If you fancy playing a game that's about as much effort as TV and watch masses of critters die in attractive fantasy dioramas, it's alright.
                                Expert is mentally retarded chinchilla mode. You've been playing it waaaay beneath your character level. Try working up towards Torment XIII instead. That's the endgame. It turns into a bullet hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X