Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Sonic is a car?

Comment

Apparently because it would be too easy to win if he ran.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Apparently because it would be too easy to win if he ran.
        The real reason is similar; it's to normalise the playing field, not just in terms of speed, but in other areas like the size and rough footprint of their vehicle. Sumo's guys used to answer this question all the time.

I still don't personally go for it; I think it's a shame the characters aren't running like in Sonic R or Rivals... Though admittedly neither of those games were that good.

Comment

Delayed till Spring 2019 *tumbleweed*
          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-10-2018, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Delayed till Spring 2018 *tumbleweed*
            Was it a good game?

Comment

I'm going to hold off until last summer to give it a try.

Comment

It's probably knocked back to avoid getting crushed but I'll be curious if any last minute fan pleasing gets added

Comment

Comment

Still looks better than before, still looks worse than Transformed

Comment

I played this and the problem with the team aspect is that you can't do much to help team mates that need it most, who are going to be well behind. Adds depth I suppose but makes a simple racing game needlessly complicated.

Comment

US Switch store has this live for those region hopping.

The more of this I play the more I quickly feel that it's very solid but absolutely infuriatingly misguided as a follow up to Transformed.

Comment

It's the Switch version you're playing? Is it pretty? Does it handle very similar to Transformed or is this really a whole different game?

Comment

Switch version, I'd never get round to playing it on PC with everything else I have. To Sumo's continued credit it's a really solid version, doesn't seem that compromised to fit on the system and looks good. The fuss about 30fps isn't much either, they've largely refined Transformed handling with some tweaks like the camera tilting as you drift. Rubber banding is in full force but is only really a major pain in Hard mode.

There will be defenders but the game definitely takes a big hit for dropping other Sega licenses. The track design is good but I think there's about 20 tracks over about 4 or 5 themes so it quickly starts to feel samey because it's either recycled theming from Transformed Sonic courses or falling back on Heroes theming again. There doesn't feel like much point in the different racers either, there's about 15 but in just 3 types that are very similar.

Dropping the other licenses definitely makes no sense, it's limited the variety a lot and is a huge missed opportunity. No genuine good reason for the decision and I think people will find TSR broadly plays the most solidly of the three but is easy to move on from as a lot of these course themes etc were in the last game.

Comment

That doesn't sound great, especially with the limited themes. I'll probably give it a miss for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                That doesn't sound great, especially with the limited themes. I'll probably give it a miss for now.
                                It's also 30fps on Switch, so you'll want to steer well clear.

EDIT: That is also legitimately true, I should add. I wasn't planning to buy it full whack regardless though.

Comment

Working...
                                X