No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realised i spy the headphone socket at the front so it looks like the volume slider isn't just for cosmetics. Or maybe the hole at the front is just cosmetic. Hope it's not & it is indeed a working headphone jack as that would be pretty cool.

Comment

@importaku @Nu-Eclipse

Comment

Cheers speedy, just put my preorder in. Be aware people that amazon is initiating their no cancel policy on this one so if you preorder you can't back out. Not sure if they will ship it direct as i have gotten mine to be sent to my tenso address.

Here's the links just in case the tweet vanishes.

1 pad version

2 pad version

[edit] looks like the 2 pad version is now out of stock from amazon and the ones left are from scumbag resellers at 24,000 yen F that lol

Double edit: seems if you select the non amazon preorder bonus version there are a lot more sensible prices from marketplace sellers but still around the 14,000 yen mark.
        Last edited by importaku; 03-04-2019, 06:36.

Comment

Im torn about getting one of these. I still have a working mega drive which I could spend £70 on and get a raft of games and stuff. Or do I get one of these?

Comment

You'll get next to nothing for £70 on MD. Probably best to go jailbroken Mega Sg tbh.

Comment

Or put the £70 towards an Everdrive.

Comment

That's for sure. The X7 is the bees knees. Likely going to get one of those once the MD1 I bought yesterday arrives and I get it all sorted for NTSC. Might do a recap too.

Comment

I've got a UK one on pre-order but seemingly dropped the ball with the Japanese ones; by the time I got to Amazon JP the 2-pad ones were just scalpers. I'll wait a bit and grab one when they're not quite so scarce. That said, I'll also continue with the MegaSG and getting a nice little collection of less obvious numbers - I'm sure the full list of 40 on these things is going to be great, but I also don't see it being full of Toaplan numbers, for example.

Comment

I cancelled my P-A pre-order and went with Nin-Nin instead. I had a £10 voucher to use there, so it ended up at £88 all-in for the same shipping method. That's a £42 saving over P-A. Go me.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

From phil just telling me he preordered from amazon japan direct so it seems at least to the uk they will ship directly.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        From phil just telling me he preordered from amazon japan direct so it seems at least to the uk they will ship directly.
                        I've ordered both versions of the Japanese version from Amazon Japan. The 2 pad release is now only available from scalpers

Comment

I'm quite happy with my Chinese HD Megadrive 2 and Everdrive combo (especially as I mainly play NBA Jam and Micromachines in 4 player) and ideally I want an EU model for the nostalgia, so I think I am going to wait and see A - if it get's hacked B - if I can pick one up on here.

Fingers crossed Sega don't f-it up as usual though.

Comment

Now if it also had the mega cd add on, that would sell it to be on looks alone.

As it stands, i'll give it a miss.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION].

It appears that I missed the JPN 2-pad RRP pre-orders. I’m not actually that fussed though...I’m kind of in two minds about ordering one now although it’s probably better to have one now than risk it being a Nintendo Classic Mini drought situation.

Might just order a JPN 1-pad version...

Comment

Given you can still locate Nintendo's more rationed approached Mini's I'd assume this one will be plentiful once the initial shipment is out the way. The variations are odd though, no sidestepping how worse off the EU/US versions are by comparison of the JP version. Main issue is that with modding these newer ones are mostly for the sake of the shell and controllers.

Comment

Working...
                                X