User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arms (NSW)

Arms (NSW)

Only had a quick play so far, but it has been great fun.

Did the tutorial, then won a couple of fights with Ribbon Girl, with no difficulty, on the lowest skill level. Whacked the difficulty up a few levels and was beaten senseless.

This looks like an amazing good-for-a-few-minutes-at-a-time game, and complements Tekken 7 perfectly.

Nobody else playing it? If you like fighters, I'm sure you'll like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Arms (NSFW)

That's all I see.
    Only reason I clicked!

If this fully playable with with the pro controller?

Reluctantly got it using nectar points so technically it was free !!! It's actually pretty good fun , a lot better than I thought . Only played for half hour or so seems fairly limited but it's too early to say just yet
    The other half just remarks the theme music sounds like homes under the hammer
    Last edited by Junko; 21-06-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Yes. That's how I play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Junko View Post
    The other half just remarks the theme music sounds like homes under the hammer
    One of the greatest in daytime TV themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    You can't curve punches with the pad.

On anything higher than default difficulty you'll find that range is key, to make the most out of your range you'll need to curve punches or you'll never be able to zone your opponent as effectively otherwise, and that's before you even try hitting them.

Curving punches is essential, in the same way that blocking is essential in Street Fighter. So I'd argue that no, it's not fully playable with the pro controller.

Half-way through Rank 7 GP now. It's almost like real boxing, only you get awarded points (meter) for throwing punches rather than landing them. Most of my matches end in a very close time-out, both against this rank 7 CPU and online rank mode.
    Last edited by dataDave; 22-06-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    You must be able to, surely?

EDIT: Seems you're right, you can do some curving but not as fluidly as with the motion controls.

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post

On anything higher than default difficulty you'll find that range is key, to make the most out of your range you'll need to curve punches or you'll never be able to zone your opponent as effectively otherwise, and that's before you even try hitting them.

Curving punches is essential, in the same way that blocking is essential in Street Fighter. So I'd argue that no, it's not fully playable with the pro controller.

Half-way through Rank 7 GP now. It's almost like real boxing, only you get awarded points (meter) for throwing punches rather than landing them. Most of my matches end in a very close time-out, both against this rank 7 CPU and online rank mode.
    Cheers for confirming gameplay is handicapped using the pro controller. I guess I'll have to pass on this one. Pity, but I suspected this would be the case. Not gonna moan about it.