No announcement yet.

New old games thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m still waiting for my copy of Tanglewood to arrive, must be a couple of months now since I ordered it.

FX Unit Yuki for the Megadrive has shipped though and will hopefully be here within the next few days.
    Last edited by _SD_; 04-04-2019, 05:53.

Comment

There was an update on Sega-16 to say all orders have now been shipped so you should get yours very soon.

I ummed and arred over whether to get FX Unit Yuki but in the end decided against it. Watching YouTube videos of it suggests it has some pretty bad game design and looks quite repetitive too. I tend to only buy home brew/indie releases when I feel I’m going to get some enjoyment out of them as I’m not really into collecting for the sake of it.

Comment

The postman has just delivered my copy of Tanglewood And FX Unit Yuki arrived on Saturday. Hurrah

Comment

Canon - Legends Of The New Gods looks like a really cool SRPG for the MD.

It was originaly a Taiwanese exclusive but now Piko Interactive have the rights and are translating/releasing it.

I'm always a little nervous about these releases in regards to their quality but I think I'm going to give this one a try.

Comment

Beggar Prince is the only one I’ve played and it was okay other than the fact a crippling bug made the 40 hours or so I’ve ploughed into it completely redundant. I don’t have the energy to start it again.

That SRPG looks pretty good though.

Comment

God help me if that happens during a run!

I've been following a dev on twitter making a C64 RPG but more recently she's been putting a lot of time into a vertical shmup and it's shaping up really well.

It's still early days yet I'm sure but I'd love to give it a shot.

Comment

Super Fighter Team are releasing an English version of the SRPG Vixen 357 later this year…

Last edited by _SD_; 08-04-2019, 23:38.

Comment

New hori shmup for the DC - https://www.pixelheart.eu/armed-seve...1008-40591.htm

I liked the last Josh Prod title so I’m going to give this one a go too.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                    Super Fighter Team are releasing an English version of the SRPG Vixen 357 later this year…

http://www.vixen357.com/
                    Is this using the fan translation?

Comment

MD getting all the releases right now.

Comment

Apparently this got a very limited release a couple of years ago, but now they want to do a larger run with an upgraded version. Unfortunately, it’s a Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...xe-for-gb-gbc/

Comment

Where's the best place to pre-order Greylancer from? Nin Nin told me by email it was available for pre-order but that doesn't seem to be the case looking at the game's page.
                          Last edited by Cepp; 15-04-2019, 20:21. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            It's a shame the graphics aren't impressive or inspiring in any way. Cybernator on the SNES looks far nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              Where's the best place to pre-order Greylancer from? Nin Nin told me by email it was available for pre-order but that doesn't seem to be the case looking at the game's page.
                              Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer for Sega Mega Drive / Sega GenesisA side-scrolling sci-fi shooter, Gleylancer casts you as Lucia, a young pilot in the Space Fleet of starfighters that hijacks the experimental Gleylancer fighter to go explore the outer borders of known space in search of her missing father. Along the way, Lucia will have to shoot down dozens of enemies in standard shooter fashion, while avoiding destruction and collecting power-ups that extend her ship's energy, upgrade weapons and gather screen-clearing bombs. The Gleylancer comes equipped with two hovering satellites that can receive weapon upgrades of their own and can ...

Apparently there were 2,500 copies allocated to Amazon Jp and they all sold out pretty quickly. Not sure how many copies Play Asia will have but it might be a good idea to not hang around if you’re thinking of pre-ordering.

Comment

Working...
                              X