No announcement yet.

Joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Happy” and “You Were Never Really Here” actor Dante Pereira-Olson has been cast as a kid Bruce Wayne in the upcoming “Joker” film at Warner Bros. Pictures. Pereira-Olson will appear alongside Brett Cullen in the previously announced role of Bruce’s father Thomas Wayne. Additionally, Douglas Hodge (“The Night Manager,” “Penny Dreadful”) has joined the cast […]

Dante Pereira-Olson has been cast as a very young Bruce Wayne whilst Brett Cullen will be playing Thomas Wayne

Comment

Ahead of the trailer launch online in a bit over twelve hours, Warner Bros. Pictures used its CinemaCon presentation to show off the first footage from director Todd Phillips’ “Joker” movie which screened to a very good response. Phillips was also on hand to say that while there has been a lot of talk about […]

The first footage of the film has received a positive response and the first teaser trailer will release later today. Director Todd Phillips says that the film is still taking shape and the genre type he would classify it as is 'tragedy'

Comment

Really looking forward to this one. It just feels like it's going to be something special.

Comment

Here's the trailer. I have no idea what this is. It's definitely interesting. Looks like a film from decades ago somehow. The timing could be very right or all sorts of wrong for this. On the trailer alone, I admire them making this but I can't imagine I'd go see it.

Comment

It looks BRILLIANT!!!!!

Comment

Looks suitably arthouse.

Comment

It looks decent but at the same time I'm getting the vibe that it really didn't need to be about the Joker and making it so... I don't know. It's currently a one off project so in light of the DCU it just feels counter intuitive to the rest of DC's output and its current direction. Not yet sure if making this will work out well for them in the grand scheme regardless of its quality.

Comment

Reminded me a bit of Taxi Driver, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a bit, as well.

Comment

I still say there should never be an origin for him.

Comment

I'm all up for as many Joker origin stories as people want to make! That looks right up my street. Not literally, I live on a cul-de-sac.

Comment

I won't lie, an origin story for Joker - especially one that detaches him from the Batman mythos - is a hard sell. The one potential concern from the trailer is that it paints his origins as being largely informed due to getting shoved around and because he loves his mummy too much. Hopefully there's much more to it as that would be an awful angle to take.

Comment

That looks class. I cant wait.

Comment

I am thinking Falling Down 2: Joker

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking Falling Down as well. It's only a first trailer but it just looks like a guy gets upset and takes it out on the world. And we get that enough in real life and I don't know if I need to see that without it being about the person who stops him. The connection with the Joker character seems tenuous but I don't really have an issue with that in itself but, if it the title wasn't Joker making some sort of Batman connection, I'm not sure this would be a film that many would go to see.

It does look arty though and old and those things in themselves are brave.

Comment

Oof, I hope not. Falling Down was terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X