No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in that bubble that Sony is creating like Venom, no direct references as yet but once Sony's current contract with Marvel expires in 2021 they plan to role Holland's Spider-Man over into these franchises for Venom 3, Morbius 2 etc. Technically more like the Marvel Cinematic Extended Universe in a way

Comment

Berlin Station Epix has cancelled its espionage drama “Berlin Station” after three seasons. The news comes a month after the S3 finale and leaves the Ashley Judd and Richard Armitage-led spy drama ending on a cliffhanger. No word whether producer Paramount TV is considering shopping the series for a new home on cable or streaming. […]

Agents of Shield Season 6 begins on 10 May 2019

Comment

Endgame tickets are now on sale and demand has crashed several cinema chain websites:

Comment

“Stranger Things” and “Hellboy” star David Harbour will join and Rachel Weisz is said to be circling a role opposite Scarlett Johansson in Marvel Studios’ “Black Widow” stand-alone feature. Casting on the film is heating up as it heads towards filming kicking off in June in London under the helm of Australian filmmaker Cate Shortland […]

Stranger Things star David Harbour and Rachel Weisz look set to join the cast of the happening yet still unannounced Black Widow

Comment

The future is definitely woke as “Captain Marvel” has just become the seventh MCU film to cross the $1 billion mark worldwide – pushing the total of the twenty-one films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to a collective $18.5 billion to date. The announcement comes as Disney showed off a new clip from “Avengers: Endgame” […]

As an extension of that, Black Widow looks to be filming in June with filming on The Eternals starting in August which sets both of them up as Marvels 2020 releases.

Comment

Appearing as part of Disney’s CinemaCon presentation, 21st Century Fox exec Emma Watts talked a bit about the future of the former studio’s franchises now that they’ve been absorbed into the Mouse House. Disney showed off a sizzle reel of big franchises they now own which included footage of “Alien: Covenant” and “Predator” while Watts […]

Though already a given, Disney has confirmed Deadpool's next film is on the way, the question now being whether it stands separate or mergers into the MCU

Comment

What’s The Eternals? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that. Well known in comics?

Comment

I don't think it's one of the main comic lines, there's supposed to be some sort of loose connection to Thanos but I strongly suspect that this project came about because Marvel planned to make The Inhumans only to have that project ruined by Marvel TV. Eternals was likely set up as a replacement before they learnt they were getting the X-Men franchise back as both deal with genetic evolutions of humans.

Comment

That makes sense. I know DC have been doing well on TV but I feel that Marvel are pretty much just wasting characters there given how well they do on film. Like a movie-sized Daredevil could work great now and the Inhumans could have fit right in with the cosmic stuff they have going on.

Comment

I'm still expecting Marvel to one day sever all non-Disney+ service series from the Marvel canon. There's rumours Deathlok will be the second MCU character to appear in a film having already been in a series but without the TV actor. Like you say, they're wasting properties and it feels unlikely they'll forever ignore characters like Daredevil, Punisher and Ghost Rider or be beholden to those series they weren't directly overseeing

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        That makes sense. I know DC have been doing well on TV but I feel that Marvel are pretty much just wasting characters there given how well they do on film. Like a movie-sized Daredevil could work great now and the Inhumans could have fit right in with the cosmic stuff they have going on.
                        Netflix did just fine with all their marvel programs and are all worth watching. It was everything else that was/is complete crap.

Comment

I only made it half way through Daredevil and I know it was popular so I don't want to dismiss that but I don't think it was doing what they can do with characters in the movies. I think a character like that will ultimately bring much more value in the movie universe than TV.

Comment

Going to come in from the other perspective and say I never liked the Marvel Netflix shows. I tried to start them a few times and just couldn't get into them, which wasn't helped by Marvel out-and-out declaring that they wouldn't directly rub shoulders with the "proper" cast. It falls into that DCU "well, technically..." answer to "are they connected" that just pulls me right out of the experience.

Comment

Season 1 of Daredevil was good. I couldn't get into the other ones. Just found them slow and almost gritty-for-the-sake-of-it.

Comment

Jessica Jones first season was good. I didn't really like much else.
                                Daredevil seemed OK, but it never grabbed me. I was spoilt by reading the Brian Michael Bendis Daredevil run anyway which is just too good for words.

Comment

Working...
                                X