PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Other than the bigger names in that list (AstroBot, Rez), are there any other gems?
    That Mars mystery one sounds interesting.
    I can’t stop evangelising about I Expect You To Die & Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes.

£15 for the pair is awesome.

Comment

Nice!
      I have KTANE, but waiting for some friends to come over to play it.

Comment

I finally got my hands on my move controllers yesterday.
        I tried out London Heist first (while rush of blood was downloading) and it's a much better experience, being able to pick up and light the cigar was cool, and changing Mags for the hand gun was much better. I did have problems reaching out to press the buttons on the keypad to unlock the diamond as well as some other tracking problems. I think I might have to either move further away or move the camera position.
        Rush of blood is very good. It felt very natural aiming in different directions and blasting everything in sight. I jumped out of my skin at some points too. I did find that one of the triggers was beginning to stick after so long. Not sure if that's a known problem with the moves.
        Had a quick go on Skyrim too. I think its going to take a bit of time getting used to the movement, not sure about it yet. Using the Bow was pretty sexy though.

Oh I also got Paranormal Activity. The controls are possibly the worst I've used in a modern game, its close to unplayable. Shame because It seems to have good atmosphere.
        Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 08-04-2019, 09:12.

Comment

Astro Bot's £15.99 for a physical copy at Amazon right now. Good time to buy if you've held out!

Comment

Arizona Sunshine is currently £9ish, so I looked for some reviews and have just been tittering like a loon at the exploits of this pair:

Comment

That was better than some walking dead episodes. I’d co op this with you mate. Bought it ages ago.

Comment

That video has so many comedy moments. When he tied to put the hard hat on the zombie was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  That was better than some walking dead episodes. I’d co op this with you mate. Bought it ages ago.
                  That's what I wanted to hear. I'll get it tonight. I don't think we're PS4 cyberchums are we? QualityChimp is my handle.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  That video has so many comedy moments. When he tied to put the hard hat on the zombie was brilliant.
                  Yeah, I laughed at that bit too. "Oh, that didn't work..."

Comment

Rush of Blood, AriZona Sunshine (+DLC) GET!

We'll try shooting some zeds on Thursday, [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION].
                    How does the mic work on PSVR?
                    I have the ear bud thing that came with the PS4. What does that plug into?
                    Is this best with Move controllers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      BIG EDIT: The above website worked a treat because it told me Argos got some in and I immediately ordered that sucker. Collect them on Monday.
                      Was just about to recommend Argos ... glad you got hooked up.

Comment

The coolest and most immersive way to play your games. Order Now: www.cybershoes.io/shop | Check out 'Cybershoes: A Step Into Virtual Reality Games' on Indiegogo.

Comment

Rush of Blood, AriZona Sunshine (+DLC) GET!

We'll try shooting some zeds on Thursday, @Brad.
                          How does the mic work on PSVR?
                          I have the ear bud thing that came with the PS4. What does that plug into?
                          Is this best with Move controllers?
                          Mic built-in to the vr headset, it'll switch to it automatically. You should have has some earbuds that connect to the VR headset in the box? Unless you have a v1 unit in which case I don't know.
                          I'm using the Aim controller so basically I run around with rifles, shotguns and machine guns!

Comment

I'm not sure if it's V1 (probably) as I won it, but I'm sure we'll work something out.

You can take the shotguns and I'll go twin handguns!

If it's half as fun as Dead Rising 2: Off The Record with [MENTION=4877]k0pp0[/MENTION], it'll be a blast!

Comment

In other news:
                              PS5 set for wireless PSVR headset with powerful next-gen graphics

"A new Sony patent reveals a powerful new PlayStation VR headset that looks set to launch alongside PS5

PlayStation gamers eagerly awaiting the Sony PS5 may have just got a tantalising glimpse into one of its biggest weapons in the next-gen console war against the Microsoft Xbox Two.

That's because a new patent, published on April 4, 2019, and belonging to Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Tokyo, has revealed technology designed for a brand-new PlayStation VR headset that includes an integrated eye tracker and delivers super powerful new "foveated rendering" graphics.

If you're unfamiliar with the term "foveated rendering", simply put, it's something that gamers should be very excited about. In a nutshell, by using a virtual reality headset with an integrated eye tracker, this technology will allow areas of a virtual world a gamer is not looking at to be rendered at a lower level of graphical quality.

As such, virtual worlds can be much more expansive – since not all of the environment will be rendered in high-resolution at all times, something that would make the world too much for most mass-market processors to handle. It also means the fidelity of whatever the gamer is focusing on can be more graphically impressive.

When you factor in the official Sony Interactive Entertainment patent published on March 14, 2019, which showed a completely wireless PSVR headset, an image of what the Japanese maker is apparently working on right now for the PS5 becomes clear.

An image taken from an official Sony Interactive Entertainment patent depicting a next-gen wireless PSVR headset.

Sony appears to be building a new PlayStation VR headset to be powered by the PlayStation 5 that not only is totally wireless but also capable of displaying wondrously huge, graphically impressive virtual worlds.

Virtual worlds that far exceed anything possible right now on a PS4-powered, wired, non-eye tracking, original PlayStation VR headset.

An insanely powerful new PS5 console was one thing Microsoft had to factor in when planning its strategy to counter Sony's next-gen assault, but a super-powered new PlayStation VR headset, too?

That could be a sortie too much for the next Xbox, which according to everything we know so far about the console and the wider Xbox Scarlett program, has no VR headset weapon in its armoury to counter with.

Could a new super-powered PSVR headset be the weapon that wins Sony the next-gen console war? If the technology detailed in these patents is brought to reality in a Sony PlayStation consumer VR product, it might well do, with Xbox gamers' heads turned.

For that to happen, though, the new PSVR headset with integrated eye-tracking would have to be sold for significantly less than the other headset recently announced with the tech, the Microsoft HoloLens 2, which is set to cost $3,500 at launch. You can check out the HoloLens 2 launch video above.

While Sony has pulled out of E3 2019, ruling out a reveal directly at the show, hopefully we will hear more about the PS5 and any potential PSVR successor at a dedicated PlayStation event, or later in the year at PSX 2019."

Comment

a powerful new PlayStation VR headset that looks set to launch alongside PS5

Comment

Working...
                                X