PS3 vs. 360 exclusives - fight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 vs. 360 exclusives - fight!

Following something that was discussed a bit in the Playstation 3 retrospective thread, I've reformatted the NeoGAF list that was linked there into a comparison table of Xbox 360 and PS3 exclusives, broken down by year.

I think this might be a bit off as the PS3 list ends in 2014, and in my experience the PS3's exclusives went on a bit longer than that (whereas I think the 360s pretty much stopped by that point) but it's still a pretty good list for years 2005-2014.

Which machine did you feel had the best exclusives, looking back on the entire generation?

EDIT: Also feel free to point out any missing examples. Already I can see that Valkyria Chronicles is not in the list, so there are presumably others that are missing.

Xbox 360
    Playstation 3
    Kameo
    Amped 3
    Project Gotham 3
    Ridge Racer 6
    Dead or Alive 4
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Far Cry Instincts Predator Ridge Racer 7
    Rumble Roses Genji Days of Blade
    The Outfit Resistance: Fall of Man
    Full Auto Gundam Crossfire
    Bomberman Act Zero Full Auto 2
    Saints Row Untold Legends
    Moto GP 2006
    Tom Clancy GRAW
    Over G Fightersy
    Chrome Hounds
    Ninety-Nine-Nights
    Dead Rising
    Import Tuner Challenge
    Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2
    Halo 3 Motorstorm
    Forza Motorsport 2 Lair
    Crackdown WarHawk
    Tenchu Z Uncharted
    Kengo Legend of 9 Heavenly Sword
    Beautiful Katamari Time Crisis 4
    Project Sylpheed Eye of Judgement
    Dance Dance Revolution Universe Folklore
    Fuzion Frenzy 2 Formula One Championship Edition
    Bullet Witch Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Ace Combat 6
    WarTech
    Blue Dragon
    Project Gotham 4
    Lost Odyssey Haze
    Culdcept Saga MotorStorm Pacific Rift
    Too Human Hotshots Golf 5
    Infinite Undiscovery Metal Gear Solid IV
    Viva Pinata Trouble In paradise Siren
    Fable II SIngsstar
    Gears of War 2 Disgaea 3
    Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts Resistance 2
    Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2 SOCOM Confrontation
    Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 Little Big Planet
    Kingdom Under Fire Circle of Doom SingStar Vol.2
    Operation Darkness Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
    Spectral Force 3 Buzz Quiz TV
    Zoids Assault Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    Guilty Gear 2
    Scene It? Box Office Smash
    Lips
    You're in the Movies
    Naruto Broken Bond
    Halo Wars Killzone 2
    Halo ODST Infamous
    Onechambara Bikini Samurai Squad Cross Edge
    Magnacarta II Uncharted 2
    Forza Motorsport 3 Ratchet and CLank: Crack in Time
    Lips Number one Hits Demon souls
    Indie 50 Evolution Afrika
    Race Pro Katamari Forever
    Stocked Buzz Quiz World
    Qubed
    Ninety-Nine Nights II MAG
    Lips Party Classics Eyepet
    Crackdown 2 Yakuza 3
    Halo Reach White Knight Chronicles
    Morphx 3D Dot Game Heroes
    Naval Assault Gran Tursimo 5
    Modnations Racers
    Trinity Universe
    Atelier RoRora
    Heavy Rain
    God of War 3
    Time Crisis Razing Storm
    Last Rebellion
    John Daly Golf
    Gears of War 3 Little Big Planet 2
    Forza Motorsport 4 Killzone 3
    Otemedus Excellent SOCOM 4
    HALO CE Anniversary Yakuza 4
    Motorstorm Apocalypse
    Diagaea 4
    Infamous 2
    Ar tonelico Qoga
    Uncharted 3
    Bleach Resurrection
    White Knight Chronicles 2
    Resistance 3
    Trinity Souls
    Atelier Totori
    Ratchet and Clank All 4 one
    Halo 4 Twisted Metal
    Forza Horizon Atelier Meruru
    Akai Katana Starhawk
    Time and Eternity
    One Piece Pirate Warriors
    Little Big Planet Karting
    Ratchet and CLank Frontal Assault
    Yakuza Dead Souls
    Gears of War Judgement Ni No Kuni
    Atelier Ayesha
    The Guided Fate Paradox
    God of War Ascension
    TLOU
    Beyond Two Souls
    Tales of Xillia
    Hot SHots Golf 6
    Mugen Souls Z
    Disgaea D2
    One Piece Pirate Warriors 2
    Pupeteer
    Gran Turismo 6
    Atelier Escha & Logy
    Magus
    Tales of Xilia
    Witch and hundred Knights
    DrakenGard 3

PS3 without even a hint of contest. Starting in 2014 I have to dial back to 2008 to hit a 360 exclusive I'd even remotely care about that wasn't part of the usual trio franchises the console relies on.

Comment

360 without even a hint of a contest, for me.

I've sunk hours into the likes of Gotham Racing, Dead Rising, Gears of War, Perfect Dark Zero, Import Tuner, EDF 2017, Crackdown and Katamari.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Gotham Racing,
        Microsoft allowing Bizarre to go under was a real shame; I loved their games.

Import Tuner,
        This was good? The only one I've played was the Dreamcast one.

Crackdown
        Yeah, maybe my early-360 highlight. Really enjoyed it. It showed a bunch of stuff that felt next-gen; the scale of the city, the scale of the action, the 2-player online co-op, but also other things like how it was one of the first console games to really benefit from DLC. We'd had all the "horse armour" crap from Oblivion, and new levels etc. in games were nothing new, but this added new vehicles, new weapons, new features... It was wonderful, really

Comment

The Cave stuff alone gets the 360 a clear win from me. Coming from a period of flirting with a supergun set-up it was like a dream come true.

Comment

I chose an Xbox 360 and was happy with the decision. A lot of dual format releases in the early days were better on 360.

I think that list just shows how similar those 2 consoles were.

The games I would have liked to have played exclsuive to PS3 were Last of Us and the Motorstorm games.

My favourite 360 exclusive was Dead or Alive 4. I still play it now. I also like Deathsmiles, Dead Rising and Crackdown.

Comment

As I said in the other thread, I feel like the 360 had an easy lead in terms of exclusives early on.

Dead Rising, Crackdown and Gears of War all blew me away - they were way ahead of what was possible on previous consoles. All the zombies on-screen! All the jumping over skyscrapers! All the magnetising to cover!

By comparison - and I know some people like these games - but I thought Motorstorm, Resistance, Lair, Heavenly Sword etc were all pretty bobbins.

PS3 did have Ridge 7, but I already owned and had loved Ridge 6 from launch, so I wasn't too envious.

Over the course of the next few years though, I feel like the 360 starts to fall away, and PS3 had superb stuff like MGS4, Yakuza 3 through 5, Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2. It also had TLOU which, honestly, I think is probably the most overrated game ever, but was nonetheless something that the Xbox really didn't have an answer to.

In the end, I think the PS3 has the stronger line-up of exclusives. It's a shame Microsoft took their foot off the gas, as in the first 3 years they were really doing a fantastic job of creating exciting new IPs which made good use of the technology.

EDIT: It's not an exclusive - it was kind of a timed one I guess, since it came to PS3 a year or so later - but Oblivion was the greatest thing ever on 360. When I emerged from the sewers my mind was comprehensively blown. What a frickin' awesome game that was.
              Last edited by wakka; 25-07-2019, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                In the end, I think the PS3 has the stronger line-up of exclusives. It's a shame Microsoft took their foot off the gas, as in the first 3 years they were really doing a fantastic job of creating exciting new IPs which made good use of the technology.
                It's easy to do that when you have millions of people paying you a fiver a month (they quoted 8 million in the late 2000s; since then is tricky as they just give "live users" now which includes things like people who created accounts on Windows Phones), on a service with operating costs measured in the thousands.

Comment

Yep, but it’s bitten them in the backside big time.

Comment

Thinking about it, the X360 probably does a stronger job of highlighting just how bad the XBO line up has been. It's had 1 Gears, 1 Halo (neither considered that amazingly if we're honest) with Forza doing a lot of the heavy lifting to the point it's had to take a year off. 2019 - It took forever to get Crackdown 3 which, let's be honest, has fun to be had but is pretty much the final nail in a wasted franchise then... Gears 5... it's really painful, like pulling teeth. It's a positive sign of things to come yet still depressing when Microsofts biggest First Party reveal this gen is arguably that it's going to start investing in First Party software in time for next gen

Comment

Nothing beats Ninja Blade or Chromehounds

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Nothing beats Ninja Blade or Chromehounds
                        Yeah, whatever you might say about the PS360 era, Chrome Hounds really stood out as something unique and clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Yeah, whatever you might say about the PS360 era, Chrome Hounds really stood out as something unique and clever.
                          As did Demon's Souls!

Comment

As per the other thread, for me Xbox 360 wins, although I don't think it is particularly one sided either way.

I think Xbox 360 represents Microsoft's most creative and commercial strongest console. And PS3 represents Sony's weakest PlayStation to date (ignoring handhelds). In those first five years some of those MS studios were firing on all cylinders. Before the misdirection and rot of new management begins to set in that culminated in Xbox One. Sony did produce some standout games though.

Comment

Bayonetta may as well have been a 360 exclusive, seeing as the PS3 version was so awful. It was a rushed Sega in-house port after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X