Possible Cps2 collection coming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Looks like they’ve decided to use FBA without permission. Classy!

Has reminded me of the Darksoft CPS2 though, yum.
    Oh, apparently they did indeed get approval from FBA. Modern Vintage Gamer apparently spoke with a dev that said that they weren't contacted. Bad communication perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      That's certainly..... an interesting design choice?
      Yeah it seems to be very much aimed at table top use. Which isn’t exactly on the lap friendly especially if you’re playing solo. If there’s a good heavy base that might not be quite as bad though.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Yeah it seems to be very much aimed at table top use. Which isn’t exactly on the lap friendly especially if you’re playing solo. If there’s a good heavy base that might not be quite as bad though.
        Perhaps, I find it really garish looking and ugly though so the above wouldn't be enough for me.

Comment

It looks a crazy design, and as pointed out numerous times already, lacking in titles.

It matters not to me.

Amazon pre-order placed.

Perhaps someone could do a poll to see where people stand today on purchasing one, and then doing another near release.

Comment

Last night the prospect of Progear had me ready to order but the form factor is putting me off. I’m not even sure where I would store that in my living room.
            No doubt as the release date grows nearer I’ll cave in and buy one.

Comment

It may... may be valuable as a collectors piece in time but otherwise this is awful, simply awful

Comment

I think that it may be the greatest video game system of all time as far as aesthetics go.

Designing a unit the same as your logo is taking the ****ing piss.

The games included are way beyond lacking, but it’s worth £200 just on the hardware alone. They surely can’t be making much profit off of it.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 16-04-2019, 22:58.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I don't understand why people would buy this. I already own this console in super plus alpha mode. It's called a PC with sanwa arcade joystick running FBA. Has hdmi out and a cool front end.

Comment

I think it gives Capcom fans a nice piece and is a casual friendly. In that it provides easy plug and play access to some old Capcom arcade classics (albeit at a price). As mentioned I like the concept, just not sure about the design.

I also don't understand the points about 'less if more'. In that I don't see the issue in having a full(er) CPS/CPS-2 library on there. If even just opening up the number of SF2 versions (as everyone has a favourite).

If it can also work as a normal joystick for Windows or Linux as well via that USB port then that might make the price more palatable given the quality Sanwa components.

Comment

I love it when they claim "accurate" software emulation...

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        I don't understand why people would buy this. I already own this console in super plus alpha mode. It's called a PC with sanwa arcade joystick running FBA. Has hdmi out and a cool front end.
                        You could say also say that about the mini consoles too. But retro is cool and in vogue. I think it looks quite nice.
                        I'd love to see SEGA do much the same with a mini Astro can along with some of their System 32, ST-V and amazing Arcade games that have never been ported.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          You could say also say that about the mini consoles too. But retro is cool and in vogue. I think it looks quite nice.
                          I'd love to see SEGA do much the same with a mini Astro can along with some of their System 32, ST-V and amazing Arcade games that have never been ported.
                          But the mini consoles are reasonably priced and mini-sized, this thing might use premium components but it's expensive and huge. Not to mention ugly. They should have gone for a layout similar to an Astro City, single place, with the ability to plug in USB controllers for extra players.

Comment

15 emulated roms for 200 quid seems like an awful lot for so little gaming.

Comment

Hang on, its £200 for this? I'll stick to emulating...

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                I also don't understand the points about 'less if more'. In that I don't see the issue in having a full(er) CPS/CPS-2 library on there. If even just opening up the number of SF2 versions (as everyone has a favourite).
                                I hear you. For me there's a sweet-spot between a fair selection of games and something like an xbox with thousands of games on it, which would feel worthless to me. The Capcom Home Arcade should really have double the titles it does, but I wouldn't want to fill one with scores and scores, personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X