Playstation (hacked and now) Classic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Haha ***glances at SNES Classic*** ... ain't that the truth.
    Exactly! To think that I spent an entire weekend downloading everything to make my SFC Mini look stock and then never play it is insane.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

One of the harder things regarding this hack is getting a compatible usb stick as if it draws too much power through the front usb ports of the classic theres a chip inside that will block it as it's there to limit the amount of current that can be drawn through the front usb ports. You can get around that by using a powered usb hub which is the current method i'm using now however there is now another way there is a mod that you can do direct to the motherboard that disables the current limiter chips on the classic so you can unlock the front ports full potential so pretty much all usb sticks should work.

I opened up my classic to see just how small the solder points are, umm yeah they are the size of a head of a pin, no chance in hell im risking putting that much heat into such a small point it will fry the components in seconds. You can however use a conductive ink pen to do the same thing and bridge the resistor points to disable the chip, means a lot nicer look around the front as you can plug in a tiny usb stick and not have a hulking great usb hub dangling out the front of your classic.

Comment

Autobleem or Bleemsync? Which should I use if I only want to play PS1 games, have zero mod skills and a MacBook?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          [edit] more games tested

Doko demo issyo (works but needs a pocketstation boooo)
          Needs a PocketStation you say...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
            Autobleem or Bleemsync? Which should I use if I only want to play PS1 games, have zero mod skills and a MacBook?
            Have an iMac and planning on going down the Bleemsync route tomorrow.
            Will update with my progress

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
              Have an iMac and planning on going down the Bleemsync route tomorrow.
              Will update with my progress
              Thanks, let me know how you get on.

Comment

I'm in the same boat (MacBook + limited mod knowhow) so I'll be watching this too.

Comment

Ok, tried this afternoon, decided to go the AutoBleem route.
                  AutoBleem allows you to not have to install anything onto the actual PS classic, you just have everything on a USB stick so you can remove it and use it as default PS classic without anything in it.
                  Downloaded the files onto the root of my usb2 sandisk cruzer stick.
                  Then copied the PS1 games I had on my Mac into the games folder, you create a folder for each game.
                  That’s all you need to do.
                  Then insert into PS classic and it will auto load into the AutoBleem setup and scan your stick for games and add them to your existing 20 games.
                  Had a few issues with a couple of my games which weren’t bin and cue files.
                  So managed to find some replacements online.
                  I then removed the old games on the stick and replaced with the newer versions.

However, now when I insert into the PS Classic it won’t recognise any of the 30+ games on it (which it did before). There is a game manager where you can see the individual games on the stick to configure settings etc. And all the games are there.

So I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong, but I’m going to format my stick tomorrow and give it another go as it is pretty easy and quick to do, the only time consuming thing is the copying of games onto the stick.

The software is still beta so it could be a bug or maybe I added too many games? When it did work I had about 20 additional game, I then added another 10 or so so maybe I broke it!

Comment

Yeah it's a bit finicky if you fiddle with stuff, i havent tried using the hack since it first came out so i have no idea what the modern method is like. The fact you got stuff working before means you should be able to do so again even if it means formatting your stick, the annoying part is the games take so long to move onto the usb stick. But it's worth it to redeem the turd sony put out, once hacked it is rather good.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Yeah it's a bit finicky if you fiddle with stuff, i havent tried using the hack since it first came out so i have no idea what the modern method is like. The fact you got stuff working before means you should be able to do so again even if it means formatting your stick, the annoying part is the games take so long to move onto the usb stick. But it's worth it to redeem the turd sony put out, once hacked it is rather good.
                      Yeah, The fact that it is so easy to try things out means I’m not worried about mucking it up as everything is done from the usb stick I know I’m not going to brick my £16 purchase!
                      I’ll just re-format and repeat the steps I did previously today and see if things improve tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                        Ok, tried this afternoon, decided to go the AutoBleem route.
                        AutoBleem allows you to not have to install anything onto the actual PS classic, you just have everything on a USB stick so you can remove it and use it as default PS classic without anything in it.
                        Downloaded the files onto the root of my usb2 sandisk cruzer stick.
                        Then copied the PS1 games I had on my Mac into the games folder, you create a folder for each game.
                        That’s all you need to do.
                        Then insert into PS classic and it will auto load into the AutoBleem setup and scan your stick for games and add them to your existing 20 games.
                        Had a few issues with a couple of my games which weren’t bin and cue files.
                        So managed to find some replacements online.
                        I then removed the old games on the stick and replaced with the newer versions.

However, now when I insert into the PS Classic it won’t recognise any of the 30+ games on it (which it did before). There is a game manager where you can see the individual games on the stick to configure settings etc. And all the games are there.

So I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong, but I’m going to format my stick tomorrow and give it another go as it is pretty easy and quick to do, the only time consuming thing is the copying of games onto the stick.

The software is still beta so it could be a bug or maybe I added too many games? When it did work I had about 20 additional game, I then added another 10 or so so maybe I broke it!
                        So you create a games folder then in that folder you need to create a folder for each game? So if I add 50 games I need to create 50 sub folders?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                          So you create a games folder then in that folder you need to create a folder for each game? So if I add 50 games I need to create 50 sub folders?
                          Pretty much.
                          Although the games folder is already there when you copy the download onto the stick.
                          If you download the “full” option of AutoBleem it will have all the artwork for all regions in case you have uk/us/japan games in your folder

Comment

UPDATE:
                            OK, I re-formatted my USB stick this morning and re-installed the autobleem files onto the stick.
                            I then added about 8 games at a time and then tested on my PS classic to see if all ok before I added more.
                            I did this in blocks of about 8 games until I finished adding all the games I wanted and ended up with 51 new games in the end!

After my attempt yesterday I wondered if I had a dodgy game which buggered up my stick, but it seems all is ok. Only 1 game wouldn't be recognised and it wasn't one I was bothered about anyway.

So I would recommend AutoBleem as a simple method of adding new games to your PS Classic.
                            The software I'm using is AutoBleem v0.6.0b3 (the current latest build) so it may have bugs in but seems good so far

Comment

Loving some PlayStation memories
                              it was really terrible out of the box but what they’ve been able to get out of this is pretty spectaucular
                              currently running autobleem 7.01 and it’s getting better with each release
                              have a HD plugged into otg in the back and about 400 games to mess about with
                              Finding some Japanese gems that I missed back in the day
                              only thing I’d like from autobleem is a folder option so I can sort games by genre
                              having 80+ schmups on there would be nice all in separate folder. But it’s a small inconvience to endure

Comment

Literally haven't used my PS Classic since I copped it for a firesale price from Argos @ Sainsbury's two years ago.

Man, looking at the back of the box made me realise that I'd forgotten just how truly awful the pre-installed game compilation on this thing was. Shockingly bad choices.

Apparently from what I understand it's in a much better place for haxx emulation of other systems although PS1 emulation is still a largely hit/miss affair, unless I'm mistaken?
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-09-2021, 16:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X