Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Just need Burnout 3 and Ninja Gaiden now. Guessing these OG Xbox games are still cheap as chips? Great console.
    Yeah 50p to a few quid here and there, still look excellent on a plasma too! Been rinsing OG Outrun 2. Pretty much everything is on my list it's a goldmine!, feels very modern compared to PS2.
    Last edited by Baseley09; 25-04-2019, 23:05.

Comment

I thought that too. PS2 is janky as hell. Xbox is utterly playable and looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        still look excellent on a plasma too! Been rinsing OG Outrun 2. Pretty much everything is on my list it's a goldmine!, feels very modern compared to PS2.
        Yeah, OG Xbox games just look a bit low-res and rough around the edges, but still attractive. I use mine in 480p through the HDMI adapter made by Pound.

Other reccomendations:

RalliSport 2
        Powerdrome
        Quantum Redshift
        Serious Sam and Second Encounter
        House of the Dead III
        Defender
        Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Comment

You’re missing Panzer Dragoon Orta, JSRF, Shenmue 2 and Soul Calibur 2.

Comment

Oh and GTA San Andreas.

Comment

Onimusha and Silent Hill 2... okay, not exclusives, but classics of the era.

Comment

Was KOTOR mentioned?

Comment

Stubbs the Zombie is a fun game with a sense of humour. Not cheap though.

Comment

More to keep an eye out for

Outrun 2: Coast 2 Coast
                    Spikeout
                    Tecmo Classics Collection
                    Otogi 1 & 2
                    Gunvalkrie
                    Wreckless
                    Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                      Grabbed by the Ghoulies
                      A really good game that's full of imagination and charm. The graphics are some of the most attractive on the OG Xbox.

Comment

Payday here which means going for a supermarket sweep style shopping spree through the halls of amazon japan. Managed to get nearly every release of beatmania brand new & sealed, refused to pay 26,000 yen for a sealed 6th mix so i got that one off ebay as a used copy but even used it was pretty expensive at £35. Apart from the best hits version i now have all of the ps1 library. Not sure wether to get best hits as it's just content from the other games condensed into one disk i doubt it has any unique features compared to just playing the others.

DJ station pro controller

Plus various mixes

Comment

Very nice! While I don’t find earlier Beatmania as exciting as IIDX I’m certain you’ll be having a lot of fun enjoying the songs on all those mixes. Nice get with the DJ Station Pro too, very nice controller.

Comment

Alternatively, the more time you spend with 5 key, when you step up to IIDX the more it'll blow your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Very nice! While I don’t find earlier Beatmania as exciting as IIDX I’m certain you’ll be having a lot of fun enjoying the songs on all those mixes. Nice get with the DJ Station Pro too, very nice controller.
                              Compared to IIdx they do look pretty primitive, hoping to hone my skills on a easier 5 button setup till I’m able to chart read using muscle memory alone then i’ll Decide wether to get the complete IIdx library for ps2. It’s quite a financial investment so I need to think it over properly.

It’s kind of nice having most of the bemani music series in my collection. Shamefully my switch hasn’t been touched in months since I started getting into ps1 again. Combined with arcade club practise on the real thing it’s been a blast.

Comment

I barely use my Switch or the Sony XG90 I just paid a lot for. It’s my little Sony MSX monitor that sees use lol

Comment

Working...
                                X