X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An illustrated guide to all 2,339 deaths in 'Game of Thrones'

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      The bit where they were riding the dragons felt like a Harry Potter movie scene.
      I couldn't have put it better. Twitter seemed to love that bit but I'm with you. We've been waiting for Jon to ride a dragon ever since it was clear he was a Targaryen and when the time comes he just hops on and goes for a flypast like it's nothing.

I can't help but resent the massive pacing change of the final two series. I get why they have to do it, but it was a cumpilation of an episode reunion wise.

Comment

Originally posted by D J Kix View Post
        This would be a complete betrayal of Jon's character, who has shown no ambition towards any position of power in the entire series.

I reckon he will share what he knows with Dany, and ask everyone to forget it and focus on the coming war. If (or rather, when) anything happens to Dany, that will be the moment he asks people to step aside.
        I think this is the most likely scenario given Johns consistent moral attitude in the entire shows running, it won’t change now.

Comment

I doubt any of the main players for the throne will still be alive come the end of the series. stupidity cruelty and recklessness is always punished on this show so that puts most of them in the firing line.

My prediction is Jamie to kill Cersi leaving him mortally wounded dying soon after, Tyrions punishment for stupidly trusting Cersi will no doubt get a lot of key players killed I'm thinking grey worm, leaving a guilty and broken Tyrion as the last surviving Lanister.

John and Dani are heading for a massive mis-trust scenario her forces are far bigger then Johns giving her the upper hand in that situation if she doesn't recongnise johns claim. I fully see her making a stupid decision that gets her punished and her redemption ark is a final but fatal blow that takes out herself and the night king.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 17-04-2019, 13:29.

Comment

Can't wait for the final episode confrontation when the final twist is unveiled as Jon faces off against the last remaining threat...

Comment

Second episode:

Enjoyed that one too, I think this will end up being a solid and consistent final run overall which is nice given the bumps the last few seasons have sometimes had. Largely nothing surprising in this one but a lot of great character moments paying off 7 proceeding seasons of storylines.

Looks like they're bedding in Jon and Dany as well, that her face fell on his reveal and her first thought was about his claim to the Iron Throne said everything he and the audience will ever need to know about her character

Bonus points for the Giants Wife story as well

Comment

Lead fan theory is....

The battle at Winterfell will start in the Crypt, with the wights raising the dead.

The Night King isn't at Winterfell - he's on his way to King's Landing on the dragon.

He's gonna raze King's Landing, kill Cersei, but Bron is going to do something and stop him.

Comment

My gut feeling is that the Crypt aspect is being heavily overplayed by fans. I can imagine the white walkers get in there and there's an element of it once they breach Winterfell but I expect a simple sequence with little worthwhile dead raising in there.

I can imagine the King's Landing aspect though, it allows so many plots to play out in a much more interesting way than any other scenario pans out and it reverses the battle. The ep would basically end with the Night King sat on the Iron Throne and Winterfell becoming the attacker.

I'm doubtful Bron will be that important in the end, a continuation of his 'there but largely irrelevant' arc.

Next episode or the one after though... Jon and Dany are coming to heads

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

John and Dani are heading for a massive mis-trust scenario
                    I thought she was going to pull out a dagger and kill him. I expect that sort of thing when watching GoT.

Comment

loved the whole lady brianne becoming a sir and a knight, the look on her face afterwards was fantastic

Comment

Does anyone else think that Bran sounds like Ken Korda from the Adam and Joe show?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post

loved the whole lady brianne becoming a sir and a knight, the look on her face afterwards was fantastic
                          Dead in the next episode you'd imagine.

Comment

Just a heads up, don't go to the frontpage of Reddit, its littered with spoilers for ep3. Even on a rapid scroll to avoid them I learned too much.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Episode 3

I feel like the execution of the episode in terms of the battle goes without saying but... I can't escape the feeling that it was underwhelming. Too many questionable moments logically speaking thanks to 'plot armour' and it didn't end in a way that was satisfying, instead it felt like it rendered a large chunk of 7 seasons mythology as redundant. It was fine but pulled its punches and made the White Walkers more an inconvenience than a threat. Feels like we're headed into the last three eps now with the least interesting set up

Comment

Working...
                                X