User Tag List

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate

Dangun Feveron (PS4)

I've taken on the perhaps suicidal task of playing this in order to review it for you lovely folk. It's a Japan-only D/L to my knowledge and I can safely say it's one of the most bonkers games I've ever played.

Does anybody else have it, and if so do you have any tips for a beginner? From what I gather, it is one of the most difficult Cave titles. I am playing it under the original arcade settings with the option to continue switched off. I've considered trying it wearing PSVR, but I fear my cranium may explode.

Turn on continue until you've seen it all and then start again with it off!

Glad someone on the forum has taken the plunge on Dangun. I would like to hear more about it before signing up for a Japanese PSN account.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    Turn on continue until you've seen it all and then start again with it off!
    There is a beginner Super Easy mode available. I'll give that a crack in that case.

It is indeed very silly; I've not played for a number of years (we had a PCB kicking about briefly), but I don't remember too much of it. There's a strat thread on Shmups here which you might be able to glean some juicy nuggets from.

Always found it abit boring tbh. Too easy and rather daft as well. Looks good though.

I bought it on release and have been playing it on and off in short bursts, because time's a bit tight at the mo. I've got absolutely no idea about the scoring system for the time being, but I'll have a gander at that Shmups thread.

Beyond that, it's standard Cave fare, but also a marked change of direction, at least stylistically. I actually quite like the disco theme and it makes a nice change from mechas and sexualised schoolgirls.

I've never played any of them so I don't know, but is Dangun somehow inspired by/an homage to the Cho Aniki games? There seems to be a common theme of not taking things too seriously.

I've played this on Mame Emulator. It was one of the continuing rotation of Cave Shmups I'd play. It's great. I seem to remember it having good sound. The opening 'DANGUN FEVERON!' has to be one of the Loudest introductions in videogame history. 😂

Anyone else read this as Duncan Ferguson at first glance? Visions of a Dynasty Warriors style game, but on the football field, where you go round assaulting the team's players.