No announcement yet.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s worth pointing out that designs aren’t everything. It’s entirely possible to have a hideous Sonic and still have a great movie. Paddington for example was one where I really didn’t like the first trailer at all and yet the movie was gorgeous. Even the designs of some of the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu have been a bit like that picture of Homer Simpson with real skin, but the second trailer really won me over and I’m really looking forward to the movie.

But the difficulty here for me personally is that everything that isn’t Sonic looks as bad as Sonic. I could get past that design probably quicker than I could take Carrey’s bit with the soldier guy who is in stuff but I don’t know his name.

Comment

The worst thing about the trailer is the music.
      Sonic the Hedgehog = Gangsters paradise OF COURSE!
      It doesn't fit, its repeated strangely and its edited even more weirdly.

Is it the only song they got licenced to use and wanted to make the most of it?!?

Comment

I am so hyped for the video game adaptation of this film!!

Comment

@DoggThang

It's Neal McDonough. He's been in loads but the role that springs to mind is the bowler hatted soldier in Captain America.
          Last edited by teddymeow; 01-05-2019, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            @dogg Thang

It's Neal McDonough. He's been in loads but the role that springs to mind is the bowler hatted soldier in Captain America.
            Ah that’s right! Weirdly when I see him I think of a Street Fighter movie that I think he is in but I never saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
              I am so hyped for the video game adaptation of this film!!
              Oh yes. Sonic the Hedgehog movie-game. I wonder if it could be worse than the street fighter movie-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Looks great.

No words could adequately describe what I think of it.

I won't dignify its existence with thoughts. That would be too painful. Must forget it exists.

Comment

It's like they wanted to have a sega version of super mario bros the movie (i.e utter garbage). It looks truly vile in every single way and yet the mouthbreathing masses will lap this crap up like all the other bottom feeder style animated films.

It's just cringe after cringe in that trailer, burn it with fire then burn the ashes to make doubly sure.

There is a silver lining though, this film has the potential to furnish the internet with about a decades worth of terrible meme screenshots, hell they are already coming thick & fast.

Last edited by importaku; 01-05-2019, 01:22.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    It looks truly vile in every single way

The look on Tails' face sums up perfectly the deep feeling of horror this movie manages to inflict.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    It's just cringe after cringe in that trailer, burn it with fire then burn the ashes to make doubly sure.
                    Cringe after cringe would be like heaven compared to how soul-destroyingly hideous this creation is. At least "cringe" can be funny in some way.

Even Jim Carrey, who is a comic actor I often appreciate, doesn't work as Robotnik/Eggman. They couldn't even be bothered to use prosthetics to make him look like the character. And how he comes across -- plus his lines -- are off key.

I thought the Super Mario Bros. movie was terrible, but it's at least just a crazy mess next to this monstrosity.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 01-05-2019, 06:39.

Comment

This has a very staggered release but currently its biggest openings are the US one which is around a week and a half before Frozen II first bows and the UK and some other major EU countries where it will be going toe to tow with Star Wars Episode IX. This is going to get crushed. The best hope in its favour is that it's a $90m movie but fans should hope it fails just for the chance of a remotely better done reboot.

Genuinely, there isn't an objective level on which this adaptation doesn't fail. It's only successful and faithful to the franchise merit is that it successfully adapts the games Sonic Cycle theory to the movies as well.

Comment

I don't understand whats going on with James Marsden. I don't believe he's that bad an actor to have to do **** like Hop and Sonic (which seem remarkably similar at this point). The guy either needs a better agent or need to have some self respect.

Comment

Looks as good as the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Looks as good as the games.
                            You take that back!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              You take that back!
                              Ha!!! Never been a Sonic fan. My daughter liked Sonic Adventure a bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I won't dignify its existence with thoughts. That would be too painful. Must forget it exists.
                                It's looks OK mun. It's Sonic and SEGA you can tattoo mug on my head (even my nickname is Sonic) . But me and 3 of the girls in work are looking forward to it, we'll be there to watch it on day one lol.

Don't like the design mind and wod have liked a design more like Shuna Sassi, for the spikes lol
                                Last edited by Team Andromeda; 01-05-2019, 10:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X