No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nowhere did I say there aren't maintenance costs - what I said is Microsoft charge for Gold because they can get away with it - the same multiplayer games have no online play costs on PC.

Comment

Another +1 for the PC, all those Xbox exclusives... no Gold charges. Bazinga!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Another +1 for the PC, all those Xbox exclusives... no Gold charges. Bazinga!
        Well, year, MS once again shooting themselves in the face with an elephant gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
          Fair enough. I think the cost of matchmaking and content servers is paid for from the massive profits they make from online digital sales alone. How much of that money do third-parties see, when you potentially spend most of your time on their servers.

I regard the PS Plus and Live Gold as a tax, where as I am genuinely fine paying for services like Game Pass, TESO or Humble Bundle as I think they offer value for money.

Personally I'd like to see their just be one subscription with the benefits of Game Pass/PS Now merged with Gold/Plus premium features and everyone allowed to play online for free. Not going to happen because the current mandating online fees is near pure profit for the platform holders.
          This is a good shout, make me pay £60 a year instead of £50 and include Game Pass and Gold in the same Sub. Sony could do this too with PS Now and PS Plus in same sub. For Xbox Next and PS5 I think MS and Sony should consider this.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
            This is a good shout, make me pay £60 a year instead of £50 and include Game Pass and Gold in the same Sub. Sony could do this too with PS Now and PS Plus in same sub. For Xbox Next and PS5 I think MS and Sony should consider this.
            I think there's more chance of Microsoft considering it, because of Sony's current dominant position. That said it would give MS a massive USP over its rival if it considered it. I was interested to see others thinking the same: Resetera.

That said I think the costs would probably end up going up, i.e. £9.99 or £100 pa sort of thing. But I think the market has changed so much where many games are online or multiplayer only (whole genres now) that there shouldn't be a paywall on the access part. I would rather see a Spotify-like model where there's a free service but with massive limitations, and then one or two premium services which remove those limitations. The current free Xbox Live service basically doesn't do anything.

Third-party publishers would gain massively from that 'paywall' being lifted too.

I also think that separate subs for multiplayer (Gold), subscription content (Game Pass) and potentially streaming (xCloud) is messy. It's confusing and a barrier for some consumers. Of course we don't know how MS will bundle or price for streaming yet.
            Last edited by Digfox; 30-03-2019, 10:32.

Comment

Sony belches out May 2019's offering

Overcooked

and

What Remains of Edith Finch

[Source]

Comment

Edith Finch is an awesome game. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Edith Finch is very, very good. I've already got it though.

Pleased to receive Overcooked, but I wouldn't describe it as a red letter month.

Comment

My sub just automatically renewed for fifty whole notes and I can't help but feel it's a waste of money.

Comment

Yeah, not sure you’d enjoy Edith Finch QC. Distinct lack of ninjas and giant robots

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Edith Finch is an awesome game. I highly recommend it.
                        It's one of the better examples of the walking simulator (I'd argue The Stanley Parable is the king) - the whole experience is over in under three hours though. It's worth a look, for the experience, but some of the character stories are better than others.

Comment

Hasn't Edith Finch been a freebie already? I have it and I'm sure I didn't pay for it, unless I'm mistaken...

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            Hasn't Edith Finch been a freebie already? I have it and I'm sure I didn't pay for it, unless I'm mistaken...
                            Not on PS+ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_(PAL_region)

(or Games with Gold https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ith_Gold_games)

It was on Game Pass, not sure if it still is.

Comment

Must be that then.

Comment

What Remains of Edith Finch came out as a Epic Game Store free game. The same games do appear to be cropping up on GwG/PS+ and even EGS.

Comment

Working...
                                X