Snow?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo's taken Friday.

I'm working in Bremen (Germany) at present. So far the snowfall has been ok, but it's more the cold that will be of concern over the next coming weeks/months. -20? is not unusual in Jan apparently

Walking to the office 07:30

Walking back in the afternoon, someone has been busy!

Comment

We had a couple of -8?C degrees in central Switzerland but since yesterday temperatures have risen between positive 6-8?C and rain is washing of the snow. Hope this continues till new year so I can go visit parents without worries.

Comment

Currently 3:45am and the view outside my window is so nice, finally a decent covering. Love living in front of a massive wood, creepy most nights but in winter it looks lovely hehe.

Comment

Been pretty heavy here for about the last 4 days and is still snowing now

Comment

There goes my trip out to Newcastle today

Comment

Did someone steal your car?

Comment

Snow?!?

buses were off this morning here and walked to train station, saw a few people on mountain bikes.

I did think about going to work on mine but the snow was quite deep

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Did someone steal your car?
                  Haha no that's the other door

Comment

Well it is upon us once more. This weekend is wall to wall snow forecast. It's really starting to come down and I can't wait to take my walk to BestBuy this evening out in it

Comment

In an effort to prove global warming wrong, Switzerland is having a snowfall right now.

Comment

Awesome. I’m off to photocopy stuff and burn some tyres in a coal pit!

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          In an effort to prove global warming wrong, Switzerland is having a snowfall right now.
                          That's why it got re-labelled Climate Change instead. The argument against can't be "but it's not getting warmer".

It snowed all day yesterday here too. But then again it is Canada.

Comment

There's nothing new about snow at this time of year even in the south of the UK. Snow after Easter (late March/April) and as late as June has been recorded even in London. I seem to remember about 30 years ago Hampstead Heath had a significant snowfall in April.

I've just Googled and the UK Met Office site shows that some cricket matches were called off because of snow on 2nd June 1975. Remember too that was just a year before one of the most famous longest, hottest, driest summers in UK recorded history.

In short: cold weather at this time of year is not "more evidence of climate change" if that is what is being claimed.

Climate change is a natural phenomena and it is going to happen however much of our money the Canute like idiots decide to use trying to stop it. In fact that is a bit disparaging to Canute whose story, apocryphal or not, about trying to stop the tide coming in was actually him making the point to his sycophantic court that even a king can not stop the forces of nature.
                            Last edited by fallenangle; 05-05-2019, 13:52.

Comment

Reminder: never attemp a climate joke when announcing it's snowing off-season.

Comment

There are only two stances when it comes to climate change:
                                - We should try to minimalise our impact on the environment.
                                - It's not our fault so **** it.

"J/K" is not acceptable!

Comment

Working...
                                X