No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an xbox x, connected to a 4k screen (Oled C8 55) When watching 4k content streamed on my apple box or netflix it doesnt look nearly as good as games do. Are 4k blueray the way to go? Any reccomendations as a test? I think the LG is quite good as a mid-range TV, so would love to try a 4k movie locally. I think streaming reduces quality.

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]: I hunt down 3D releases all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
        [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]: I hunt down 3D releases all the time.
        I wish I’d known about that one. Already bought the 2D blu ray.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
          I have an xbox x, connected to a 4k screen (Oled C8 55) When watching 4k content streamed on my apple box or netflix it doesnt look nearly as good as games do. Are 4k blueray the way to go? Any reccomendations as a test? I think the LG is quite good as a mid-range TV, so would love to try a 4k movie locally. I think streaming reduces quality.
          You have a way better than midrange TV let it shine with UHD discs. Stick with the ISF modes and try 2001 A Space Oddessy. Or if you want something newer the Marvel UHDs are excellent as is Luc Besson’s Valerian et Laureline. 4k streams are lower bitrate than a good Blu-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION], had to go the German release to get the 3D version:

Plan on watching it in 3D tonight.
            That picture needs a 56K warning!
            It's about 8.3Gb in size!

Anyway, rinky-dink-link, please, I'm looking for a region-free 3D version as there isn't a UK release.

Comment

EU is the same region (at the moment) so don't worry about that. If it is region free I would like to know though...

Ouch, 4500yen for the Japanese one. Not looking forward to those prices again.
              Last edited by kryss; 05-05-2019, 12:28.

Comment

Marvel-ous.

Comment

Wow didn't realise there was a 3D Spiderverse
                  Looks like I also won't be getting it now either...€140!!!!!!!!!!

Neil

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION], [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION], [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]: Hold your horses fellas! CANCEL ANY ORDERS!
                    I watched it last night and there's an issue! My Bluray player is configured for English (obvs!) and as expected, it correctly selects the English audio track. However, having not seen the film since Xmas, I forgot that it is chock full of Miles Morales thoughts, in the form of comic strip text boxes.... you see where I'm going here... so yeah, those are all rendered into the film.... in GERMAN.
                    Last edited by gunrock; 06-05-2019, 07:03.

Comment

Ich bin Spider-Man

Comment

[MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]: Achtung! Meine hände sind klebrig!

Ok, so hold tight, I've just found out there is a 3D release in the Nordics (there wasn't before), so I've ordered that. I live in Denmark and the movie was in English at the cinema, so hopefully we'll be 2nd time lucky. I'll keep you posted.
                        Last edited by gunrock; 06-05-2019, 07:51.

Comment

[MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION] Du brauchst Seife

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION], I've now cancelled that copy for €140!

Comment

Guys what you need is the Tongan release. 3D and 4K in one and it comes inside a massive ball of spider web you have to dig through with your hands.

Comment

It looks like the Italian version is confirmed to be all English.

Spider-Man : Into The Spider-Verse 3D Blu-ray (2018) [Region Free] READ FIRST POST 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Comment

Working...
                                X