No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are already mods that do that though.

I'm weirdly looking forward to this. I loved Crisis Core. I just hope we get a PC version so that I don't have to buy a PS4 to play at 30fps.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
      Release date finally getting announced at e3 apparently! At last
      I'm gunna say March 2020 for part 1...and 2022 for part two.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        Still episodic https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fi.../1100-6467078/

Got to say though when it came to a remake i would have been happy if they Just took the exact same game and redone the graphics and that was it
        Really worried that part 1 is just up until they leave Midgar... Because in that case, I'm concerned part 2 won't come out until 2038.

Comment

The rumor was it went up the part of Aeriths death. We shall see. If its just Midgar its not going to have a great deal of play time.

Comment

Actually I'm a little afraid they will steer towards the sterilised story that came with the borked Western translation rather than the more cryptic and psychological themes found on the native release (and thus the 1:1 fan translation), if only to appease Sephiroth fan service.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              The rumor was it went up the part of Aeriths death. We shall see. If its just Midgar its not going to have a great deal of play time.
              Hmmm, but isn't that the other way around? If it goes up to Aeris's death, wouldn't that be the opposite way? Wouldn't most of the game be done? I don't remember that being the "mid-point"... But then it's been 20 years since I played it through.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Hmmm, but isn't that the other way around? If it goes up to Aeris's death, wouldn't that be the opposite way? Wouldn't most of the game be done? I don't remember that being the "mid-point"... But then it's been 20 years since I played it through.
                End of disc 1 I think.
                But you are right. She dies at the promised land, which means most of the world map is covered by that point.
                Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 01-06-2019, 16:55.

Comment

I’ve seen very very brief snippets of people playing the original game over the years... however, I’m still yet to play FF7, and know very little about the game, by the time I owned a Sony console to play it, I was already playing the latest FF game. I’m probably not going to play this game until all episodes come out, so probably looking at well in the future before I finally play FF7.

Although I’ve seen the movies and anime, I high I will admit, I have no idea what is going on...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    End of disc 1 I think.
                    But you are right. She dies at the promised land, which means most of the world map is covered by that point.
                    I thought the end of disc 1 was when you left Midgar?

In retrospect I was playing the old disc-based PC version, so the distribution of the discs may have been different.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                      I’ve seen very very brief snippets of people playing the original game over the years... however, I’m still yet to play FF7, and know very little about the game, by the time I owned a Sony console to play it, I was already playing the latest FF game. I’m probably not going to play this game until all episodes come out, so probably looking at well in the future before I finally play FF7.

Although I’ve seen the movies and anime, I high I will admit, I have no idea what is going on...

I honestly wouldn't gamble with the quality of this remake. Get the Steam version and install the HD and re-translation patches then you're as good-to-go as can be.

Comment

Does it pass the ‘test of time’ Dave? In terms of playability, from modern day standards?

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                          Does it pass the ‘test of time’ Dave? In terms of playability, from modern day standards?

It's got one of the best systems in terms of traditional JRPG customisation, or RPGs full-stop. The Materia system was never really bettered by Square in any of the other games, in my opinion. The magic, utility and summons are based around gems (Materia) that you find/purchase - you slot them into gear and armour to combo and multiply their effects. Besides EXP which level up your characters you also score AP which levels up your Materia, so sometimes it makes more sense to grind against AP heavy foes. A Materia gem usually has five stages of growth - each stage allowing a further use in battle (Fire lvl1 can only be used once, lvl2 twice, etc.) Once a gem is capped it'll spawn a brand new one for another one of your characters, or to re-level after selling off the 5* one for tons of money.

A lot of people can't stomach random battles these days. I don't mind them. Actually I think you can speed up encounters on the Steam version to bypass that a bit.
                          Last edited by dataDave; 02-06-2019, 13:56.

Comment

The story and music are of course exceptional, but I strongly urge you to play with the 'Beacause' re-translation. The official one is a mess with massive plot holes all over the shop.

Why a re-translation:

Issues:
                            - The original English translation suffers from grammar, spelling and context errors and mistranslations.
                            - A lot of the errors point to a rushed job with little communication with the original authors.
                            - Many of the errors miss out on specific references to people, places and mythology.
                            - Some errors slightly alter the plot; one or two, severely.
                            - Some errors have been adopted as canon by SE, and some have been modified in later media.

Comment

If I buy this, will I be able to use my PlayStation save with a golden chocobo and Knights of the Round materia?

Comment

FFVII still makes me think of these:

Comment

Working...
                                X