This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    FFX (International) is the best Final Fantasy game ever made. Admittedly, I was the owner of a BB Navigator setup when it came out, but I ploughed almost 400 hours into it. My best friend at the time watched the intro with me, and then the next time he turned up, he watched the outro with me.

I’m not sure that I could devote myself again like I did, but that game was played heavily for almost two years solid by my good self. I have great memories of it.
    I met a guy on holiday who went on about it for ages. Said great things about all the side-quests/side-bosses. I said I'd try it out finally over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I met a guy on holiday who went on about it for ages. Said great things about all the side-quests/side-bosses. I said I'd try it out finally over the summer.
      Your good self might appreciate its nuances. When you can one-shot a “Weapon”, it would amuse you like it amused me...
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        FFX (International) is the best Final Fantasy game ever made. Admittedly, I was the owner of a BB Navigator setup when it came out, but I ploughed almost 400 hours into it. My best friend at the time watched the intro with me, and then the next time he turned up, he watched the outro with me.

I’m not sure that I could devote myself again like I did, but that game was played heavily for almost two years solid by my good self. I have great memories of it.
        Is it BB Navigator enhanced or is that just an unrelated flex?

Edit: Ah, I see there’s an install option. Interesting.
        Last edited by speedlolita; 06-05-2019, 08:00.

Comment

Capcom will be releasing the original DMC on Switch this Summer.

Capcom haven’t actually specified but I’m assuming that it will be the 2012 HD remaster (strange that Capcom aren’t bothering to just release the entire trilogy remaster in one go).

Might be worth a pickup if a physical version is released but this is Capcom and the Switch we’re talking about so I personally won’t be holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            (strange that Capcom aren’t bothering to just release the entire trilogy remaster in one go)
            You know why they aren't doing that

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
              You know why they aren't doing that
              Lol, indeed!

In fact, it didn’t take Capcom long to confirm that DMC will be digital-only - they have no plans to release a physical version.

Ergo, I now have no plans to purchase this.

Comment

More PS2 hand me down releases for Switch.

Comment

I had to lol at DF commenting that Virtua Racing ran at 60fps on Switch. Wow. Flat polygons at 60fps. Incredible...

Dragon's Dogma runs quite well on switch though. Text impossible to read in handheld mode though. Also I mapped my lantern to the Left dpad but it doesn't work and instead makes my character call for help.

Comment

Nothing stopping you from opening a JPN Nintendo Account, getting a JPN eShop money code from Play-Asia and having it right now.
                    If you have a Japanese 3ds you don’t even need to deal with playasia you can just use your credit card. I never realised till [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] mentioned it but you can buy eshop funds on your 3ds and then use the funds on your switch as long as both are linked using the same nnid shop profile. It gets around the fact the Japanese switch eshop is a pain to pay for as foreign credit cards and PayPal are not accepted. Tried it this past weekend to buy the dlc for my Japanese copy of captain toad on the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      I had to lol at DF commenting that Virtua Racing ran at 60fps on Switch. Wow. Flat polygons at 60fps. Incredible...
                      I watched that DF Retro vid over the weekend. You laugh and jest but Virtua Racing on Switch looks fantastic imo. It is clearly the definitive version of the game to the point that it might actually be M2’s greatest work to date. A stunning port.

I sincerely hope that Daytona and/or Sega Rally get the M2 SEGA AGES treatment in the near future.

Comment

I watched that DF Retro vid over the weekend. You laugh and jest but Virtua Racing on Switch looks fantastic imo. It is clearly the definitive version of the game to the point that it might actually be M2’s greatest work to date. A stunning port.

I sincerely hope that Daytona and/or Sega Rally get the M2 SEGA AGES treatment in the near future.
                        I watched it all too. It looks fantastic!!!! But, as it should do. The Switch can do about 2500 times more floating point operations per second than the 16MHz Risc CPU used in Model 1 boards ( this was a model 1 board yes? I made a bit of an assumption here!). The resolution now is of course 10x that of the arcade machine so we'll knock the performance expectation down from 2500 times better to 250 times better and the Switch should be able to run it at SEVEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED FRAMES PER SECOND!!!

Ok, that maths doesn't take everything into account but the point is it should come as no surprise that it maintains a locked 60fps.

Still looks awesome though. I'd welcome them doing the same to some of the Virtua Fighters etc.

EDIT: Was that washed out colour look a bug do you think? Or intentional?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I watched it all too. It looks fantastic!!!! But, as it should do. The Switch can do about 2500 times more floating point operations per second than the 16MHz Risc CPU used in Model 1 boards ( this was a model 1 board yes? I made a bit of an assumption here!). The resolution now is of course 10x that of the arcade machine so we'll knock the performance expectation down from 2500 times better to 250 times better and the Switch should be able to run it at SEVEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED FRAMES PER SECOND!!!

Ok, that maths doesn't take everything into account but the point is it should come as no surprise that it maintains a locked 60fps.

Still looks awesome though. I'd welcome them doing the same to some of the Virtua Fighters etc.

EDIT: Was that washed out colour look a bug do you think? Or intentional?
                          Your points are valid, of course. But we all know that better home hardware doesn’t always equate to a great port - see the Saturn port.

The washed out colour look might well have been a bug but everything looks so super smooth and super clean that it is forgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            If you have a Japanese 3ds you don’t even need to deal with playasia you can just use your credit card. I never realised till [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] mentioned it but you can buy eshop funds on your 3ds and then use the funds on your switch as long as both are linked using the same nnid shop profile. It gets around the fact the Japanese switch eshop is a pain to pay for as foreign credit cards and PayPal are not accepted. Tried it this past weekend to buy the dlc for my Japanese copy of captain toad on the switch.
                            That would make sense as it is literally the same for linked accounts in other regions.

As I don’t own a JPN 3DS, do you have any idea on where I can purchase JPN ¥1000 eShop codes? P-A are fresh out from what I can see.

Comment

My old go-to (link) is fresh out, too.

Comment

Ask [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] nicely if he isn't busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X