No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I clicked on here having read about the Jeremy Kyle show I knew the post would be about that

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Memories of The Getaway make me smile. Hey, a smile day, couple of days back I was Mr Moodswing and was considering saving up for a guillotine as a painless (sorta) suicide aid. Then I was thinking, if the brain stays alive then surely it'll hurt the head like mad if it hits the deck with a thud. And then I thought of straw baskets with cushions in. And then a big chamber pot of bucket full of gin where the head can bob about and get pissed for a coupla mins until death drops its gavel.

And then I thought of adding a few floating treats, like marshmallows or them things in that American Cereal, Lucky Charms. Little marshmallows I think they were. Them, as well.

Anyway, final image I had was of my burning head bobbing about in a huge silver punchbowl full of bobbing red apples and IGNITED gin, roasting in the alcohol. Or is it something else?

I believe there is a certain term in cooking relating to roasting something in burning alcohol. But I've forgotten the term.
      Dunno why, but that made me think of Gollum falling into the lava in Mount Doom, delighted to be holding the ring despite burning up

I'd swap out the gin for some hardcore hallucinogens.

Or cake, the made up drug from Brass Eye that compresses time. Then I could have a week of eating Lucky Charms and spazzing out seeing all kinds of whacky imagery while being headless.

If I was doing to top myself, I'd like to jump off a tall building to see if everything goes black and white like in Mirror's Edge.

Comment

Hoo Hoo Hoooooooo

Happy Hoot Like An Owl Day everyone!

Comment

dean and nigel, blend, pictures, uk, dean, advert, dean and nigel calendar, the blenders, dean and nigel belnd in, dean & nigel, nigel and dean, nigel and dean blend in, nigel and dean the blenders, uk gold adverts, television, tv advert, the blenders, dean&nigel, nigel, dean and nigel blend in, deanandnigel, dean and nigel, photos, humour, disguise, comedy, calendar, images, hilarious, funny, amusing, photo, picture, giggle, tomfoolery, blending in, camouflage, laugh, joke, jokes, strange photos, bizzare, geek, hat, candid

Comment

My wife bought me a box of 24 Weetabix from an international supermarket. When I opened the sealed box this morning, one of the 12-packs had been ripped open and three biscuits were missing!

She called the supermarket and they’re delivering a new box tomorrow morning

But wait! What if this was some kind of epidemic and the one they posted had the same trouble? I weighed it and told them so they’d know if the replacement was equally troubled. Well, they offered to open it and check before sending.

Wicked service, but the Weetabix cost about £4 anyway.

Comment

Seven nights over after the quietest Friday in A&E in my history there. Truly bizarre, literally *no* pissheads, maybe two and they weren't a hassle at all and left not long after they'd arrived. This just doesn't happen.

Back in Wednesday at 2pm, first beer in eight days tonight, quick sleep in now and chocks away.

Comment

Gonna watch They Live in a bit, for the first time since the 90s. Looking forward, 'tis doing the rounds on The Horror Channel at the mo, for anyone after seeing this.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoying Eurovision with the bloke and a friend

Comment

Gonna watch They Live in a bit, for the first time since the 90s. Looking forward, 'tis doing the rounds on The Horror Channel at the mo, for anyone after seeing this.
                    I watched it like an hour back. Total, total cack. I was glad when it ended. Rubbish, rubbish, ruuuuuubish.

In total contrast to The Thing which I rewatched a tad back. That was actually brilliant. Not this. Oh no. Even the bubblegum speech seems shoehorned in.

Comment

It was very boring.

If it was an object, it would be a drill.

Comment

been on twice this year on horror channel 70, of which i didn't mind at all to watch it twice, great movie

Comment

John Wick 3!

Comment

Not seen any of the John Wick films but Mark Kermode on the Film Review was saying how much he liked it.

Comment

The replacement pack of Weetabix arrived this morning

They’d opened it to check but I realised all you really need to do is squeeze the box at the top to know if any are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                                Not seen any of the John Wick films but Mark Kermode on the Film Review was saying how much he liked it.
                                I really enjoy the Film Review.

I've always been a fan of Kermode so when I got my current job I've made sure I'm not busy on site when it's on so I can listen to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X