Frasier: The Silver Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frasier: The Silver Years

“Frasier” star and executive producer Kelsey Grammer is reportedly gauging interest in a new “Frasier” series, but not a revival – rather a semi-reboot. The new take on the multiple Emmy-winning series, one of the most celebrated comedy series of the 1990s and 2000s, will avoid the path of “Will & Grace,” “Roseanne” and “Murphy […]

Just as Frasier followed on from Cheers, the canon may be getting expanded as Kelsey Grammer is reportedly working on a follow up to his hit show that will catch up with Frasier all these years later.

Unlike other recent revivals though it's believed that only Kelsey will make the transition to the new incarnation of the show meaning the intention is that the programme will be as distinct from Frasier as that show was to Cheers.

Of all the reboot stories, this is one I think could work. Even in just the tiny info given, they are doing two things right for me: 1) not trying to remake it with other people 2) not just trying to continue it on and capture the same magic decades later. A fresh start with the character, a new situation and new characters is pretty much what made Frasier work the first time around and there is a chance a new start could do the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Of all the reboot stories, this is one I think could work. Even in just the tiny info given, they are doing two things right for me: 1) not trying to remake it with other people 2) not just trying to continue it on and capture the same magic decades later. A fresh start with the character, a new situation and new characters is pretty much what made Frasier work the first time around and there is a chance a new start could do the same again.
      Also, though it seems like it would be a small thing - Frasier ends with him leaving Seattle. So it makes some sense.

Comment

Actor Kelsey Grammer has revealed that at least ‘six different ideas’ are in contention for a revival/spin-off of the classic NBC sitcom “Frasier” in which he starred. Grammer revealed the news on British talk-show “Lorraine” this week and follows the news last year that Grammer was in talks with CBS Television Studios and writers on […]

Grammar says there are currently six concepts being looked at for the new show, the central pillar being Frasier living in a new city

Comment

Sounds great, I could easily see this working. Will deffo look forward to this, I watched Frasier from start to finish, Grammer's still got skills, this is great news!

Comment

Just watching an early Frasier on C4 ... The Mullet Years

I wasn't sure about another show but I trust in Kelsey Grammar to do something quality, and I'm happy to wallow in the nostalgia too.

Comment

It's weird, right? Because normally I roll my eyes at spinoffs and such like this, but Frasier is one of the few examples which worked. People didn't even like it all that much in season 1, but it went on to be (arguably) the best American sitcom.

Comment

Yep, Frasier worked really well as a great example of a spinoff.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                People didn't even like it all that much in season 1
                I don't know... where I was the show was hugely popular really quickly with the only bump being Daphne who admittedly I found pretty annoying through most of the series. Maybe it wasn't an instant hit where you were. Anyway, the end result is the same - it became really popular. I think part of that is down to the fact that they didn't try to replicate Cheers. They went for a whole different dynamic and that kept it fresh.

It's interesting watching the early episodes of Cheers with Frasier in them because he is a much more heightened version of who he became. As the show went on, he chilled out a lot. So when his own show happened, we got Niles but Niles is essentially that early version of Frasier.

I know some shows have been brought back recently and they are just older versions of their previous version but it would seem pretty much impossible to do that in this case now that they can't have Martin Crane. And I'd much prefer them to take a risk and try something new again. If it doesn't work, nothing has really been lost.

Comment

CBS All Access will soon transform into Paramount+ and the latter has reportedly begun circling the long-gestating revival of classic 1990s sitcom “Frasier”. The series will see Kelsey Grammer reprising his iconic role of Dr. Frasier Crane who has arrived in a different city. The property is owned by Paramount and produced by CBS TV […]

This revival third incarnation for the character seems headed for Peacock+ and the studio is hoping to lure David Hyde Pierce, Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin back in some capacity too.

Comment

The "Frasier" revival has officially been ordered at Paramount Plus. Original series star Kelsey Grammer will return in the title role

Now officially happening

Comment

Hope they get this right ... the original 'mullet years' wasn't the funniest show ever but it was proper Friday night magic.

Comment

I've been rewatching Frasier from start to finish (on the last season now) and have been totally loving it. It's very strong comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I've been rewatching Frasier from start to finish (on the last season now) and have been totally loving it. It's very strong comedy.
                          Me too. I'm around halfway through and it's great.

Comment

Kelsey Grammer Teases When ‘Frasier’ Revival Will Begin Shooting – Deadline
                            This could begin filming before the end of the year

Comment

I luv how old threads arise from their graves, years later with a positive update… It’s like seeing an old friend, post pandemic.

This is good news, I’ve always liked Frasier’s apartment, in particular, his bedroom - it’s the second biggest room in the apartment.

Comment

Working...
                              X