Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even when Nintendo drop a hardware failure it still manages to shift over 100M of their own games.

Their games are all that matters. Pokemon alone is worth more than the entirety of Disney/Marvel/Star Wars combined. I honestly don't think they care that much about the hardware as long as it fits into kiddy hands.

Other than 4K/60fps across the board I struggle imagining their games looking any better to be honest. They still seem to be struggling getting games out quick enough as it is without doubling the resources required for proper 4K content.

Comment

If the Switch 2 sells 12m units worldwide then Nintendo can kiss goodbye to those 100m software sales. Despite their success with Switch I'd still consider them the most at risk of losing their audience next gen, they just throw too much out each gen.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Even when Nintendo drop a hardware failure it still manages to shift over 100M of their own games.

Their games are all that matters. Pokemon alone is worth more than the entirety of Disney/Marvel/Star Wars combined. I honestly don't think they care that much about the hardware as long as it fits into kiddy hands.

Other than 4K/60fps across the board I struggle imagining their games looking any better to be honest. They still seem to be struggling getting games out quick enough as it is without doubling the resources required for proper 4K content.
        I never saw how the WiiU games would look any better if they were moved onto better hardware, they are still solid as a rock and look sooooooo good as is (in house ones). They look so solid you could jump in the tv and it would be a physical world in there.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-07-2019, 08:08.

Comment

Nintnedo are teh doomded gets thrown around each gen, and it always seems unlikely, you could say the same about the xbox as they have had more flops than success at the moment and are yet to make the Xbox division profitable, they keep eroding the reason to own an xbox too by making their entire library available on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            Nintnedo are teh doomded gets thrown around each gen, and it always seems unlikely, you could say the same about the xbox as they have had more flops than success at the moment and are yet to make the Xbox division profitable, they keep eroding the reason to own an xbox too by making their entire library available on PC.
            Yup. MS games division is in a right state.

Nintendo are doing just fine, and always have done thanks to their (keep everything profitable) policy. They make more than enough to ride out any slow spots.

Comment

They did, they're a one platform show now. They're playing a very different game now

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Yes, the built-in stand at the back is what we're on about.

Sent from the computer using a keyboard
                Yeah, I find it's quite tricky to see the screen it's sitting in the dock.

Comment

Hmm dilemma time, do i go for the Japanese version of links awakening. Realised it has furigana over all the kanji YAY so that means it will be easy to play. Half of me wants that japanese box as i always enjoyed playing them in Japanese but the lazy half of me thinks i should just go for the easy option and get the uk one and skip the translating but then i lose my reading practice. I haven't bought many Japanese games at all for switch, think i need to redress the balance a little. Haven't bought much modern import gaming it's all been retro stuff that i imported.

There's quite a few i want to pick up, ninokuni been re-released is a must, was good enough to get me to buy a ps3. Also want to try this.

Doraemon & harvest moon, a beautiful combination.
                  Last edited by importaku; 04-07-2019, 18:10.

Comment

Quick question. I'm thinking of picking up a switch as a second console.

Given the recent news about a hardware refresh (mini version and maybe a more powerful unit) is it worth simply waiting. Is there any expected timeline for any news? I think I kinda like the option of the removable joycons for rare times I might use that function but if there is a better model coming out in a month or so I'm in no rush.

Comment

By the looks, unless there's a major surprise incoming then only the mini version seems to be on the way based on the leaks in the last week. It could save you some money waiting for it but it looks like you'll lose screen size, possibly the dock (unsure as yet on that one) and removeable joycons as a feature.

There's a much bigger void of movement on the 'New' Switch model. If that concept appeals it'll come down to how much you thought the DSi or New 3DS were worthwhile enhancements as the new Switch won't be any better of a jump.

Another factor for some increasingly is if you plan to only ever use it as is. Anyone with a roaming eye on opening up on what the system can really do only has one version of the hardware to choose from...

If it's just something you plan to use as a secondary system and on the go then the mini may be the one to wait for. Otherwise...

Comment

Cool. That's what I thought.

The mini version looks cool but then if it has no removeable joycons that's a bit of a negative as I could see me playing Mario Kart with my daughter that way. I really just wanted to know whether the Switch 2 was imminent. That would either but the better option to buy or make the current version even more discounted.

Comment

Yep, a true Switch 2 is likely still 3+ years out from now. Hopefully new Switch models will lead to some price reductions on the current model though if you wanted to do any hacking of the unit you'd have to look at finding an early released unit with the vulnerabilities for it.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            The mini version looks cool
                            There is no mini version. It's all just baseless rumours.

Comment

It's going to be a busy month in Switch land for me. We have Dragon Quest Builders 2 on 12/07/2019 (with a demo already on the eshop) and Fire Emblem: Three Houses on 26/07/2019. I haven't put any time into a Fire Emblem game since the GBA releases and all that waifu **** has me a bit nervous but I'm going to give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                It's going to be a busy month in Switch land for me. We have Dragon Quest Builders 2 on 12/07/2019 (with a demo already on the eshop) and Fire Emblem: Three Houses on 26/07/2019. I haven't put any time into a Fire Emblem game since the GBA releases and all that waifu **** has me a bit nervous but I'm going to give it a shot.
                                After Fire Emblem Oniichama I can't wait to see how Three Houses turns out. Yeah, I make fun of its name and waifu structure, but it's one of the most refined FE ever, and you can skip the waifu part if you so wish.

Comment

Working...
                                X