Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm against it, as dislikeable as the man is, the road to escalation is too obvious and even putting that aside it's a low blow and counter intuitive. The person who did it didn't even have the idea of doing something original to be noticed, copying something that others have failed with in the last week or two. It makes no statement other than someone dislikes Farage, that isn't news to anyone and it won't make anyone else dislike Farage who doesn't already. If it does anything it'll generate a low level of sympathy in some circles for him which is the opposite of intention.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Obviously, it starts at a milkshake, but finishes at Jo Cox.
      Ummm... I think that's pretty much the opposite. It's the people getting milkshaked who led directly to Jo Cox's death because they have been given that airtime, they have been validated, they have gone unchallenged beyond just putting them on television even more, because they have been debated as if their views might have merit rather than just being shut down for what they are. A clear message needs to be sent that this is unacceptable. It is no longer worthy of debate - we had the debate all over Europe in the '40s and we know already where it leads. It is not just another viewpoint. Like I say, milkshakes are not enough.

Comment

Am I missing something with this Milkshake thing? Is there some weird milky underground movement?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          Am I missing something with this Milkshake thing? Is there some weird milky underground movement?
          Comes from an old French Revolution saying. Can't remember the exact words but the translation is something like: Douse your enemies in strawberry, vanilla or chocolate lest ye be oppressed forevermore. Waste not ye salted caramel milkshakes for those are for the drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            A few politicians have been milkshaked recently. I think it's because (1) it's pretty humiliating, (2) it's ultimately harmless and (3) it's easier to get close to a political figure with a milkshake than a box of eggs these days.

Comment

I think it was done to bring all the boys to the yard

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                A few politicians have been milkshaked recently.
                Please do not give the likes of Tommy Robinson and Carl Benjamin the validation of referring to them as politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Please do not give the likes of Tommy Robinson and Carl Benjamin the validation of referring to them as politicians.
                  If they've put themselves out as would-be elected officials, surely that makes them "politicians"? Saying otherwise is like saying a cook at McDonald's isn't a cook just because you don't like their food.

Then again I don't see "politician" as a word worthy of protection. It has no standing in my eyes. It's already tarnished beyond any sort of repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    saying a cook at McDonald's isn't a cook
                    Would-be and actual are very different things. A better comparison would be saying a toddler serving up a dog turd they found on the street on a plastic plate isn't a cook.

Comment

Jamie Oliver's restaurant empire is teetering on collapse risking over 1,000 jobs

British Steel on the verge of collapse risking over 5,000 jobs

THOMAS Cook is set to open a new family-friendly Casa Cook, their own-brand boutique hotel chain, in Crete this week. It comes just days after the holiday provider reported a £1.5 billion pre-tax h…

Thomas Cook has lost £1.5bn since last week

David Davis and Jacob Rees-Mogg have reversed again and will now vote against May's Deal having previously voted in favour of it having previously voted against it

Mogg also says he won't be standing as a candidate for party leader in the leadership contest and will instead throw his support behind Johnson

May is rumoured to imminently dangle a referendum to try and tempt Labour MPs but will do in a manner that it cannot be delivered making for another failed attempt

Comment

**** sake, is this still going on. I've been on a media blackout.

Comment

May updates Deal with a ton of 'what ifs' that are basically her putting everything on the table and saying 'vote for my deal then vote for or against everything else you want later'. Not going to work.

Comment

May's speech is called:

‘A new Brexit deal - seeking common ground in Parliament’

And there is the fundamental issue. It's not a new deal, if it is then someone should probably have a word with the EU.

Comment

How can same old deal plus wishful thinking be presented to the house? None of the wish list is legally binding. I hope the Speaker tells the PM it can’t be presented again.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                **** sake, is this still going on. I've been on a media blackout.
                                I mean. Right?.

As for farrage, deserves everything coming to him that little snake. Shame it was just a milkshake and not a wood chipper.

Comment

Working...
                                X