X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Who cares? Wipeout VR.
    QFT!

No prior wipeout or f-zero comes close to wipeout vr.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      Who cares? Wipeout VR.
      Is the PS4 retro?

Wipeout VR makes me feel quite nauseous. It's very impressive though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        Is the PS4 retro?
        Well we have a MASSIVELY premature PS5 thread...
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Wipeout VR makes me feel quite nauseous.
          Me too. I was gutted as it felt amazing before a slight queasiness kicked in. Only VR game to have that effect on me.

Comment

F-Zero - Snes . Nothing comes close

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I still love playing it. The graphics and sound always hypnotise me. Some of the greatest tunes.

Comment

I still love playing it. The graphics and sound always hypnotise me. Some of the greatest tunes.
                Me too, Its the game that made me want and buy a SNES. The Screenshots in Mean Machines looked so amazing, that I begged my mum and gran to buy me one, but it was too costly on import at the time and had to wait for USA version. Increabile game

Comment

Sorry, but Wipeout VR is for children. Without the VR goggles it's regular castrated modern Wipeout. It's a nice experience, but that's about it. Totally lost its bollocks after 3.

BallisticNG on HTC Vive. No ship or cockpit view, sat full lotus. It's like being the avatar in Rez after a line of speed and four JD and Cokes. Now that's more like it.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 02-06-2019, 09:45.

Comment

F-Zero on the SFC is far and away the best of the bunch. Perfectly controls, great track design, and a fantastic score. WipeOut always felt like it was trying far too hard to be "cool" to me. The awful music and overly floaty handling never did it for me.

I recently bought a brand new copy of F-Zero SFC. It's mint as can be and is a thing of beauty on my Analogue Super NT. Some of the GBA spin-offs were good too, but limited somewhat by the poor GBA screen resolution and sound chip.

If Nintendo can ever make a new F-Zero with graphics and music like the bonus F-Zero tracks in MarioKart Switch, then I will die a happy man.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Sorry, but Wipeout VR is for children. Without the VR goggles it's regular castrated modern Wipeout. It's a nice experience, but that's about it. Totally lost its bollocks after 3.

BallisticNG on HTC Vive. No ship or cockpit view, sat full lotus. It's like being the avatar in Rez after a line of speed and four JD and Cokes. Now that's more like it.
                      You’ve never been more wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                        awful music

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Always felt like I was controlling the track, not the vehicle in that version.

Comment

That's because you are. The same goes for SMK.

I love how each track surface handles differently in SMK. Of course F-Zero does this with the gravel, but in SMK it's more nuanced towards each of the different areas.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                That's because you are. The same goes for SMK.

I love how each track surface handles differently in SMK. Of course F-Zero does this with the gravel, but in SMK it's more nuanced towards each of the different areas.
                                That will be it then! Always knew something didn’t feel right.

Comment

Working...
                                X