User Tag List

Lawbreakers (currently in Beta) - [PS4/PC]

I was coerced by a friend to play a little of this Beta version, to see what it's like.

In short, it's a class-based multiplayer FPS with some objectives thrown in. Think Overwatch, minus colour (in place of plenty of blood red), likeable characters, or just charm in general, and you're off to a good start. Naturally, it does some things that Overwatch doesn't - most notably with some new takes on game modes, and in terms of the speed of play and the movement - which is faster, with more characters able to move at speed, do double and triple jumps, slides, grapples and swings - which generally leads to a more frenzied pace and a more twitch-y shooting setup.

I didn't play enough to really suss out all of the characters or the weapons, but plenty of it felt very off to me. Using a rocket launcher, it felt like it took far too many shots landed perfectly at someone's feet to bring them down for instance, and in one of the most memorable moments to me I watched one character, who, even from way off in the distance, was able to move normally at a much higher speed than I was able to track at the default sensitivity with an assault rifle designed for that exact scenario.

Also, annoyingly: I remember reading in Edge beforehand that it was 60fps, and that Cliffy B had emphatically stated "**** 30" when the topic came up. Well, what he didn't mention is that it jerks/stutters - badly - most notably when (you guessed it) other players start appearing on the screen. I don't normally get uppity about these things, but it felt genuinely detrimental to how quickly you could react in certain situations. I'd have rather taken a rock solid 30, thanks!

Oh and loot boxes. Everyone loves those, right?

Also, annoyingly: I remember reading in Edge beforehand that it was 60fps, and that Cliffy B had emphatically stated "**** 30" when the topic came up. Well, what he didn't mention is that it jerks/stutters - badly - most notably when (you guessed it) other players start appearing on the screen. I don't normally get uppity about these things, but it felt genuinely detrimental to how quickly you could react in certain situations. I'd have rather taken a rock solid 30, thanks!

Here you are - here's DF on the issue. The first minute alone should give you a pretty good indication of how badly this is running on PS4.